Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:02 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If I knew you in real life I would be scheduling the intervention instead of typing this.

At this point, you are just embarassing yourself.
Yep, beyond childish.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
In the fevered imagination of the OP, the Democratic Senate would refuse to confirm Biden's VP nominee, but that same Democratic Senate would happily confirm John Boehner's VP nominee.

The OP might as well have just said:
"When the Electoral College convenes in December, all 538 members will cast their Presidential vote for Mitt Romney!"

That would be no more ludicrous than the OP's premise...
The birthers are onto an apparent EC loophole as well. Here is their brilliant idea to keep Obama from a second term:

"This election does not get decided until Mid-December when the Electoral College cast their votes. According to Article II of the U.S. Constitution AND the 12th Amendment – if1/3rd of the States do not cast their votes in the Electoral College — then the matter falls onto the House of Representatives to choose the President.

In other words — if we pressure Congressmen, State Party Officials, and groups such as Tea Party Patriots, Heritage Foundation, etc., to call on RED States to NOT have their Electors cast their vote — then the House of Reps CAN choose the next President!!!!!"

I won't post a link to Orly Taitz' blog where I found this because it is notorious for being infected, but if you really want to you can easily find it through Google.

See, OP, you are now at the same level of sanity as birthers. You must be so proud.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Here is the scenario.

President Obama is impeached (for Benghazi or violating War Powers Act - take your pick). Rather than go through the disgrace of a Senate trial and further sully his legacy - the president resigns.

Joe Biden succeeds him - but realizes the unpopularity of this outcome and his own woeful lack of qualification for the job - so he resigns in turn.

Next in the line of succession is Speaker John Boehner. He sees his opportunity and decides that he can be more effective continuing as Speaker then by being president, so he appoints Mitt Romney as his Vice President per the 25th Amendment - and then resigns.

Mitt Romney then becomes the 47th President of the United States (and 4th in two months) and appoints Paul Ryan as V.P.

Crazy is as crazy posts.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The birthers are onto an apparent EC loophole as well. Here is their brilliant idea to keep Obama from a second term:

"This election does not get decided until Mid-December when the Electoral College cast their votes. According to Article II of the U.S. Constitution AND the 12th Amendment – if1/3rd of the States do not cast their votes in the Electoral College — then the matter falls onto the House of Representatives to choose the President.

In other words — if we pressure Congressmen, State Party Officials, and groups such as Tea Party Patriots, Heritage Foundation, etc., to call on RED States to NOT have their Electors cast their vote — then the House of Reps CAN choose the next President!!!!!"

I won't post a link to Orly Taitz' blog where I found this because it is notorious for being infected, but if you really want to you can easily find it through Google.

See, OP, you are now at the same level of sanity as birthers. You must be so proud.
I'm not seeing the "if 1/3 of the states don't vote" part. All I see is the prez is the one getting a majority of the electors... Could Oily be wrong....

Last edited by buzzards27; 11-19-2012 at 04:32 PM..

Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I'm not seeing the "if 1/3 of the states don't vote" part. All I see is the pre is the one getting a majority of the electors... Could Oily be wrong....
She is apparently very confused.

She refers to Amendment XII, which requires a quorum of 2/3rds of state delegations in the House to elect a President when the Electoral College fails to give one candidate a majority of its votes. It appears that she mistakes this for a requirement that at least 2/3rds of states must submit slates of voting electors.

No wonder she loses every lawsuit she files. She can't even read the plain English of the Constitution when it is simply referring to the basic nuts-and-bolts of elections.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I didn't make excuses. I owned the loss.
Full credits to you for doing so!
America needs good level-headed conservatives just as much as it needs good level-headed liberals to make this country work. I hope you aren't alone; if enough good conservatives like you can break the madness that has infected the Republican party, there is hope for us all.

Harrier has fallen into total and devastating delusion. I hope he may somehow regain his sanity... maybe, if you're brave enough, you could help him out.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
She is apparently very confused.

She refers to Amendment XII, which requires a quorum of 2/3rds of state delegations in the House to elect a President when the Electoral College fails to give one candidate a majority of its votes. It appears that she mistakes this for a requirement that at least 2/3rds of states must submit slates of voting electors.

No wonder she loses every lawsuit she files. She can't even read the plain English of the Constitution when it is simply referring to the basic nuts-and-bolts of elections.
LOL. Well, I never claimed she had a lick of intelligence. And she is about to lose yet again, big time, in Mississippi. Could be some serious sanctions involved this time, too, as for once she is up against lawyers for Obama who are sick and tired of these lawsuits and intend on putting a stop to this nonsense once and for all.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Here is the scenario.

President Obama is impeached (for Benghazi or violating War Powers Act - take your pick). Rather than go through the disgrace of a Senate trial and further sully his legacy - the president resigns.

Joe Biden succeeds him - but realizes the unpopularity of this outcome and his own woeful lack of qualification for the job - so he resigns in turn.

Next in the line of succession is Speaker John Boehner. He sees his opportunity and decides that he can be more effective continuing as Speaker then by being president, so he appoints Mitt Romney as his Vice President per the 25th Amendment - and then resigns.

Mitt Romney then becomes the 47th President of the United States (and 4th in two months) and appoints Paul Ryan as V.P.
Let me know when you wake up from this Conservative wet dream!

You guys are REALLY desperate.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Here is the scenario.

And a flock of pink fuzzy monkeys will fly out of Rush Limbaugh's ass and create peace throughout the world.

You must have got your hands on some of the letover brown acid from Woodstock.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Wouldnt Joe Biden just appoint a VP?
Nancy Pelosi is chomping at the bit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections