Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM

121 posts, read 152,840 times

Advertisements

As a minority i'm still trying to figure out where I can pick up my free handouts now that Obama is president. I was watching Jon Stewart the other day and he had a gift bag on his show full of welfare vouchers and free contraceptives. Is this what the Republican party was talking about?

I called up the social security office and they asked me if I was employed or not. I told them I was but it didn't matter because i'm a minority and i'm entitled to free handouts according to Fox News. The lady on the other line sounded confused and hung up the phone. What did I do wrong?

Maybe some of the fine Republicans on here can explain what these handouts are and where I can receive them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamaniac View Post
As a minority i'm still trying to figure out where I can pick up my free handouts now that Obama is president. I was watching Jon Stewart the other day and he had a gift bag on his show full of welfare vouchers and free contraceptives. Is this what the Republican party was talking about?

I called up the social security office and they asked me if I was employed or not. I told them I was but it didn't matter because i'm a minority and i'm entitled to free handouts according to Fox News. The lady on the other line sounded confused and hung up the phone. What did I do wrong?

Maybe some of the fine Republicans on here can explain what these handouts are and where I can receive them.
Not sure where to go. But once you get them, you should sell them and give the proceeds to the Job Creators.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Let me know too - my check hasn't arrived in the mail.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Obama's been paying my gmail bill!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
I'm still waiting for my handouts when he won in 2008.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Obama gives me free air and as many napkins as I want from any fast food restaurant anywhere. I also get an unlimited supply of papertowels from any public restroom, plus access to most beaches on the east and west coasts and free admission to any public park in the US. I'm just loving these minority perks!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamaniac View Post

Questions:
1. What are welfare vouchers
2. Why would you contact the SS office for free handouts?

You are working thus not entitled to them. Thats how it works. The employed people provide the free handouts to the people who dont work. From what I know these free handouts are basically, food, shelter, housing, medical care, education and free cell phone service.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Questions:

You are working thus not entitled to them. Thats how it works. The employed people provide the free handouts to the people who dont work. From what I know these free handouts are basically, food, shelter, housing, medical care, education and free cell phone service.

That sarcasm went right over your head, huh? This is in response to all the idiots saying that blacks and latinos only voted for Obama to get handouts. It's insulting to the majority of us minorities that do work and are not taking government assitance.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Questions:

Do you include social security and VA Benefits in your equations?

If so - my Republican/91 year old/Purple Heart Veteran - is a MOOCHER to the Repulican party.

Figures.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
What do you expect? Door to door delivery? Some guys aren't ever happy, especially if they have to get off the couch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections