U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,145,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Well, I suppose what you think has some value somewhere, and to someone. Our thoughts differ.
Well, my wife, eight children, ten grandchildren and numerous friends think I'm the cat's meow.
I really don't give a damn what YOU {Plural} I don't know how you figure you are plural but maybe you are a sort of "Me myself and Irene" character THINK about me or my value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,524,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, my wife, eight children, ten grandchildren and numerous friends think I'm the cat's meow.
I really don't give a damn what YOU {Plural} I don't know how you figure you are plural but maybe you are a sort of "Me myself and Irene" character THINK about me or my value.
"Our" as in your thoughts and mine.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM

501 posts, read 583,054 times
She was very fiscally irresponsible in her management of AK's state government.

Sarah Palin and government bailouts Unlikely Liberal: Sarah Palin

Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 AM

28,986 posts, read 15,542,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
I keep seeing internet comments in favor of a Sarah Palin Presidential run. Are you guys really conservatives or are you just liberal trolls trying to fan the fire? Why do some of you still want Sarah Palin to be President someday when it's obvious that 1) she's not qualified and 2) she's not even a genuine conservative anyways????

Maybe because she would be a vast improvement over the idiot we have now.

And when did qualifications start to count?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,101,803 times
Lightbulb Why do so many people still want Sarah Palin for President?

A certain portion of the US populace is well below average in terms of intellect. Lots of these folks are probably somewhat put off by candidates who display some smarts.

Palin comes across as "one of them" and they're very comfortable with that.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 AM

4,999 posts, read 3,755,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
She would have made a good Secretary of Energy in a Romney administration.
This would be hilarious if you weren't dead serious.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,018,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
I keep seeing internet comments in favor of a Sarah Palin Presidential run. Are you guys really conservatives or are you just liberal trolls trying to fan the fire? Why do some of you still want Sarah Palin to be President someday when it's obvious that 1) she's not qualified and 2) she's not even a genuine conservative anyways????
Don't worry....if Repugs run Palin for any office it just shows that they still don't "get" what the majority of Americans want. It isn't Right WingWhacked out Hate Filled Religious freak Nut Jobs....and they will LOSE AGAIN

Old 11-21-2012, 09:31 AM

8,221 posts, read 10,953,327 times
It's the same people that use Fox as a news source, so your answer comes down to, ignorance.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM

19,374 posts, read 13,036,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That's your mistake: exit polls. Real Americans stayed home instead of voting for the phoney Romney. Call it silent majority, moral majority or just plain majority. There are numbers enough to take this country back. The people just need to believe in the right man or woman with the right ideas.
meh.
That is a very weak excuse! Who knows how many voters stay home, or who they would have voted for? I've never seen a poll of those who didn't vote. No one can say just how many non-voters would have voted for any candidate, and how they woulda, coulda, shoulda made no difference. We never count the dropouts who don't participate.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM

19,374 posts, read 13,036,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
She knows how to brand herself, outside political arena I think she is liked by a lot Americans with her nice personality.
Her reality TV shows got her in the homes of those who watch anything but news or talking points.

I think her likeability in rural America is high.
You're probably right, but no one wanted her to run for President outside of her devoted fans. Her favorability polls in mid-2011 were at the bottom of the barrel, months before she finally quit flirting with the possibility of running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or