Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times

Advertisements

there's some good comedy in this thread. dim'o'crats never fail to deliver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Astonishing how quickly the gullible will believe "anonymous."
Rove could only dream of such power.
They claim to be able to prove it. I don't necessarily buy this 100% either but in the computer/hacking world they are in the "anonymous" world. Rove may have made the biggest mistake that criminals make in this era, he may have left an electronic footprint.

We will see. If they CAN prove it I find it hard to believe they will keep it from us.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
there's some good comedy in this thread. dim'o'crats never fail to deliver
The same can be said about neocons too.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
IF the letter is legit (and I'm highlighting IF), I'm wondering if it's not a major warning to the GOP more than anything. The anonymous letter listed verifiable numbers--the number of password attempts, the time, the number of routes, etc., and they alluded to how the GOP was attempting to hack the voter machines, and how they blocked the attempts. If the info they listed is true, whoever worked with or designed the program would know they're being watched closely, and that they got hacked and blocked. Again--IF this is true--I'm sure people up and down the GOP food chain are scared witless. If nothing else, it's a good deterrent for next time.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
IF the letter is legit (and I'm highlighting IF), I'm wondering if it's not a major warning to the GOP more than anything. The anonymous letter listed verifiable numbers--the number of password attempts, the time, the number of routes, etc., and they alluded to how the GOP was attempting to hack the voter machines, and how they blocked the attempts. If the info they listed is true, whoever worked with or designed the program would know they're being watched closely, and that they got hacked and blocked. Again--IF this is true--I'm sure people up and down the GOP food chain are scared witless. If nothing else, it's a good deterrent for next time.
You can drop the if from your post. It is real.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I just learned today that my county is only 1 of 4 left in the nation that still uses the punch cards. The other 3 are also in Idaho. Our county clerk said they have never had any hanging chads or any of the other troubles that plagued Florida in 2000. He attributes it to the practice of simply cleaning all the machines thoroughly after the election is over.

The cards cost us only 6¢ to 9¢ each, compared to the scanner voting of 26¢ to 36¢ each. The clerk admitted that parts are getting hard to come by for our ancient technology now.

I think they work for us in part because we don't have any polling stations where thousands of folks show up. Our voting precincts have typically only 500-900 voters or so each, I'm guessing.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
We who wanted Romney to lose, really lucked out. As it turned out though, even if, they were successful in rigging it and stealing the 3 states in question, Obama still wins 272-266.
I'm surprised, CO, isn't one of the states (which would have made it 4). If they got away with it, that would have been the state to decide the election. Could have been since, while CO had a Republican Secretary of State (a partisan hack at that), they do have a democratic governor, while the governors of FL, VA and OH, were all GOPers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections