U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,114,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You probably also believe atheism should be required for public office because people of faith cant possibly have any logic and are nothing but a bunch of dumbos.
Atheism is not a requirement, but an IQ high enough to know the earth couldn't possibly only 6,000 years old is, or at least should be, a prerequisite. Anyone who believes that to be true is too stupid to hold public office of any kind, even dogcatcher.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh yes - and of course you know the age of the earth, because you were present when it began, right?
It is not necessary to have been there, as we have scientifically proven methods to date various things.

Quote:
Carbon dating isn't reliable after a period of time. Even red shifts don't tell us much.
Wow. Your lack of scientific understanding is phenomenal. You are correct about one thing, carbon dating is only good for about 70,000 years or so, which is still more than 10x what you erroneously believe the age of the earth to be. Regardless, it is not the only radiometric dating method available, and once you understand how they work, dating things becomes a simple matter of arithmetic.

You can see all of the details here. Not that you'll even bother to read it, much less understand it if you did, but perhaps I can save some other mind from being brainwashed.

Quote:
Any "scientific" setting of the age of the eart is conjecture, and it has continuously changed as a "few more millions of years" were tacked on here and there, to "support" certain theories.
A "few more millions" out of 4.5 BILLION is a very small error, indeed. Sorry, but your ideas about the age of the "eart" (sic) are absurd, and demonstrably so. So are your ideas about how our country should be run.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:40 PM

17,853 posts, read 11,821,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Oh dear....

Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
People do not have kids to have them indoctrinated by the government, people. If parents want to teach THEIR kids that God created the universe, that is their right as parents of THEIR kids. God forbid the government teach kids anything, the way it's run. Believing that parents don't have a right to teach their kids their belief system is a dangerous thought process and no different that the left screaming that conservatives are trying to tell them how to think and live. Why do you think so many parents are homeschooling in this country? Because the government, by way of the public government schools, is trying to usurp their rights as parents.

BTW, for all of you folks who are so sure of a scientific theory that has never been proven, can I just ask, if humans evolved from apes, then why are there still apes on this planet? Why did only some of the apes "evolve"? No one ever seems to be able to answer that, along with a whole lot of other questions that pop up when one tries to prove evolution.

Evolution: just another tired excuse to try to disprove there is a Creator so that there is no absolute standard of right and wrong.
*snort* Thanks for proving the OP's point.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Check back in 100 years and much of what they teach as "science" will have been proven wrong, and the Bible will still be the inerrant Word of God.
The Bible is only 'inerrant' if someone reads it with their eyes tightly squeezed shut or if they have been so brainwashed that they would believe 2+2=5 if it was in the Bible or their pastor told them so.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-24-2012 at 09:13 PM..

Old 11-24-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this has absoulutely nothing to do with any election and there is no scientific knowledge of the age of most things. Why do libs think this should or is an issue for heaven's sake???
It goes to the intelligence of the candidates. Why would anyone want stupid people in government unless they are even more stupid themselves?

Old 11-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You probably also believe atheism should be required for public office because people of faith cant possibly have any logic and are nothing but a bunch of dumbos.
Just the far right conservative religious ones.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Carbon dating isn't reliable after a period of time. Even red shifts don't tell us much.
PS... I addressed most of your post earlier, but I forgot to mention...

Red shifts have absolutely nothing to do with dating objects on the earth. Rather, they indicate that most of the rest of the universe (with the possible exception of the Andromeda Galaxy) is moving away from our point in space at a rapid rate.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-25-2012 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: personal attack/insults

Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,276,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It goes to the intelligence of the candidates. Why would anyone want stupid people in government unless they are even more stupid themselves?
Why do you think I didn't vote for President Obama?

I have voted for a Democrat twice - once for a California state office 14 yrs a go - and the lady was running as a Democrat, and the other time was this year - the black lady was running for a non-partisan county office, but she is well known as a Democrat. Both of these ladies were the best candidates for the job.

Otherwise, I don't vote for Democrats - for the very reasons that you stated in the post that I quoted.

I am intelligent - and I vote intelligent people into office.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM

260 posts, read 294,678 times
It really boils down to good vs evil (the later not literally)but close. You have republicans that are generally churched and nurtcher kids with God as a priorty, then you have the so-called evil-like faction of liberals and democrates (the later a somehow locked in genetically motivated bunch who are clueless but at least they vote. You have the Fox network (Oh my! those religious! They are goody two shoes!!) but the CNN and MSMBC they are the good (yet evil) So in a nutshell our new society is based on good is evil (stages of good outcomes in time...mockery ....less God stuff....percecution.) and evil is good!!! (evil outcomes ..... distancing from God....,hatred for christians, ,...acceptence of much that is immoral...and raising a generation of narcissistic, insensitive little demons. No wonder why the Harbingers are adding up and few "get it" but we who "get it" understand why so many don't so without arrogance I believe I've "got it".And I pray you do or will. Oh! Merry Christ-mas!! and Happy Hanukkah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or