U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,519,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Who is going to prove it wrong?
Future scientists will prove today's scientists wrong. It has always happened.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM

13,752 posts, read 18,400,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Future scientists
Exactly.

You know what one thing has stood up through about 300 years of science? Knowing that creationism (along with many other core facets of the bible) are false.

So what, exactly, was your point.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,519,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Exactly.

You know what one thing has stood up through about 300 years of science? Knowing that creationism (along with many other core facets of the bible) are false.

So what, exactly, was your point.
My point is that man's science changes constantly, but God's Word remains the truth.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:38 AM

13,752 posts, read 18,400,837 times
Quote:
My point is that man's science changes constantly, but God's Word remains the truth.
Oh but it's not the truth. Creating the world in six days, creating humans, the great flood...etc. None of that actually happened, as science has proven it.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 2,868,618 times
Quote:
To which of "God's words" are you referring? The Bible, which was cleverly (and politically) assembled by Constantine? Or the Arabic version, or one of the others?

Seems to me that these texts were actually written by men, who had their own agenda.

Do you have a copy that was actually written by God? If so, please share it.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,100,049 times
Default Creationism The Norm Among Potential Republican 2016 Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

I'll be interested to see if one of the major characteristics of the 2016 GOP will continue to be rejection of science.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM

755 posts, read 612,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay -- we'll all believe in evolution and survival of the more fit and that the weak should be allowed to die off.

All this welfare and food stamps is contrary to what evolution would have -- those who are incapable of getting food -- well nature would take it's course on them.
Add yet another one who:
*Profoundly misunderstands evolution, and
*Thinks it (or, at least, his profound misunderstanding of it) is a model for societal behavior

Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 2,868,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay -- we'll all believe in evolution and survival of the more fit and that the weak should be allowed to die off.

All this welfare and food stamps is contrary to what evolution would have -- those who are incapable of getting food -- well nature would take it's course on them.
Just curious here ... Do you consider yourself a Christian?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 AM

27,261 posts, read 15,048,153 times
As a Democratic Christian - I wish there was a way to reconcile creationism and evolution. Believe me, people are NOT going to respond kindly when you continue to tell them that the Bible is FOS. I don't necessarily think that Democrats should trample so hard down this particular path.

I believe in God - but I have a hard time with the dinosaurs and how/when we were created.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM

7,946 posts, read 14,605,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
People do not have kids to have them indoctrinated by the government, people. If parents want to teach THEIR kids that God created the universe, that is their right as parents of THEIR kids. God forbid the government teach kids anything, the way it's run. Believing that parents don't have a right to teach their kids their belief system is a dangerous thought process and no different that the left screaming that conservatives are trying to tell them how to think and live. Why do you think so many parents are homeschooling in this country? Because the government, by way of the public government schools, is trying to usurp their rights as parents.

BTW, for all of you folks who are so sure of a scientific theory that has never been proven, can I just ask, if humans evolved from apes, then why are there still apes on this planet? Why did only some of the apes "evolve"? No one ever seems to be able to answer that, along with a whole lot of other questions that pop up when one tries to prove evolution.

Evolution: just another tired excuse to try to disprove there is a Creator so that there is no absolute standard of right and wrong.
I completely agree with you until you asked your question about evolution. Evolution says humans came from a common ape ancestor that would have been a different species than the apes we have today. My question is why is so much stock put in whether somebody believes in evolution? Unless you are in biology or geology it really doesn't matter whether we came from apes or God. The only reason it matters is so liberals can continue to marginalize Christianity and paint people of faith as a bunch of mental cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or