U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM

20,788 posts, read 15,546,159 times

Advertisements

LOL!

I love how the left pretends to be of some higher moral standard but there's plenty of evidence plastered all over the internet just how violent and hateful they have been for over a decade.

Hypocrites.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 AM

8,844 posts, read 9,668,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
When I look at the liberal movement and the riots;looting and burning ;its clear who is really violent.
Care to do a body count and see who's murdered more Americans? I think there was an average of about 100 African American hangings a year for nearly a half a century. Then the Bombing started once hanging was outlawed.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM

9,305 posts, read 5,434,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Lets face it. You have two political majority parties in this Country. One is very violent. One is not. The one that is not violent will be victimized by the other that is. I hope God will continue to protect President Obama. Just imagine what this cop has done to people over the years.
You might want to read the news and not just liberal talking points. The left political party commits far more violence than the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
When I look at the liberal movement and the riots;looting and burning ;its clear who is really violent.
They live by the "do as we say, not as we do" principal.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 AM

9,305 posts, read 5,434,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Care to do a body count and see who's murdered more Americans? I think there was an average of about 100 African American hangings a year for nearly a half a century. Then the Bombing started once hanging was outlawed.
And democrats were the party that supported slavery. Who started the KKK? Southern DEMOCRATS. Who elects KKK members? Democrats. Care to discuss anything happening in this century to todays generations?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 AM

8,844 posts, read 9,668,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And democrats were the party that supported slavery. Who started the KKK? Southern DEMOCRATS. Who elects KKK members? Democrats. Care to discuss anything happening in this century to todays generations?
If Democrats can change and redeem themselves why can't Republicans?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM

24,097 posts, read 17,698,763 times
Yes. You did.

Quote:
updated 11/7/2004 8:43:44 AM ET

NEW YORK — A 25-year-old from Georgia who was apparently distraught over President Bush’s re-election shot and killed himself at Ground Zero.

Man kills himself at Ground Zero - US news | NBC News

Old 11-23-2012, 12:01 PM

24,097 posts, read 17,698,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
all Democrats are to be detested and called silly little names
huh. you mean like the constant use of the derogatory term 'RWNJs', 'repugs,' 'republitards,' 'conservatards,' and so forth and so on?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,299,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All the right's verbal garbage crept in, a little bit at a time, over many years. I remember Limbaugh using his term 'feminazis' in 1989.
I think all those despicable people on talk radio- Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, et.al., tried to out-do each other, all trying to come up with the catchiest insult, in hopes of getting more notice by each as the years went by. When one of them came up with a word or prhase that stuck to the wall, the others would steal it and use it too, spreading the infection.

And all the poison simply sunk into the bone, as poison does. Once a word was heard a few times on air, the same word would be heard on the streets, first as a new novelty, then gradually becoming another cliché. Nobody hears clichés after a time, so another new insult was churned up and passed around.

Verbal hatred, shorthand style. Words and thoughts so simple the most stupid can understand. We all let it go on unchallenged for far too long.

I believe the turning point came in 2008 when John McCain realized how much damage the hate words were doing to his campaign. His V.P. choice was swimming in hate speech; if she wasn't using it, she allowed her audience to use it unchallenged. And McCain was jeered when he tried to stop it in his appearances. It was stunning to see people turning out to listen to McCain and then booing him. What were they thinking? Why make the effort to go see a candidate do indulge in that kind of idiocy?

We all watched it happen. The majority of us finally turned away in disgust while the fools blithely carried on. Those words killed McCain's chances of being President, killed Palin's aspirations, and now has killed a major party's ability of regaining a solid majority for a long time to come. Nasty habits are the hardest to break.
Totally agreed, and by continually ratcheting up those hate "sound bytes" and "manufactured outrage" (Birthers, "Obamas deep-seated hatred for white people", etc.), pretty quickly we ended up with a world view where extremism became the "new normal", where moderates are "purged", and where even Ronald Reagan would now be a "RINO". Then of course, out of some misguided attempt at "balance", even the mainstream media further enabled the problem, by continually (and uncritically) trotting out all this nuttery as "representative" of the "opposing view"!

But IMO even more disturbing, and probably the chief obstacles to any GOP "re-alignment" with mainstream reality, are all the many "tricks" that Narcissists, Paranoids, Obsessives and other mentally unstable types use to deceive themselves, to deny accountability, and to manipulate the world around them. And we see 'em right here, like all the phony strawman arguments, and reframing the argument, or my favs, moral equivalency (aka, "they do it too!") and the "lone gunman" excuse (aka, RWNJ's like Timothy McVeigh, etc. were "aberrations" and "aren't representative")!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:38 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,177,726 times
Quote:
Yes, and those KKK RWNJ democrats of yesterday became the GOP RWNJs of today!

Old 11-23-2012, 04:40 PM

16,470 posts, read 9,330,313 times
Quote:
Yeah, Did you ever hear of the Civil Rights Act in 1964? That was the turning point where the racist portion of the Democratic party moved over into the republican tent and private schools were started by republicans all over the country. My grandmother started Hammond Academy here in Columbia to keep nice (read: white and wealthy) children from having to attend classes with blacks. Google it and find out when it was begun.

Look at pictures from the two parties' conventions and tell me where the diversity is today. We Democrats will have none of the racist, bigoted crap spewed by the pitiful cowards of stormfront, the KKK, and the neonazis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections