U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,431 posts, read 9,016,469 times
Reputation: 5025

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't know of a single conservative who gives 2 sheets that Romney lost. We hated him just a little less than we hate 0bama.

As far as black, when 93% of them vote for a candidate without having the vaguest idea who he is and what he stands for.........well, you do the math. It's not rocket science.

Dumb people vote for dumb candidates. That's why we are where we are.

And it's not gonna get any better until America comes to its senses.


I'm not sure if you're smart enough to know that's not true. I have a feeling not.
every race color and creed voted for Obama...

you make it sound like there were 8 legit candidates on the ticket. People picked what the believed was the lesser of 2 evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
 
4 posts, read 1,409 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
every race color and creed voted for Obama...
There are bums in every race color and creed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Texas
24,307 posts, read 10,306,835 times
Reputation: 5439
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, I know Blacks can think for themselves. And I think some African-Americans might look at it from this perspective: What incentive to we have to vote Republican, especially after adopting the Southern Strategy?
Why would you think they have adopted the southern strategy? Is it because you cannot discuss the issues so instead throw false claims of racism?
Southern strategy is another made up buzzword. Just another rhetorical talking head phrase that makes people sound smart when in fact it exposes their ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Blacks tend to vote Democrat in large numbers from 1968 onward because that was the party of the Civil Rights movement.

By the way, which "Big Government Policies" are you talking about? Some were actually beneficial to Blacks.
Which ones have worked?
Maybe the Civil Rights Act that came after the tide had been turned by we the people and reversed the racist government policies. Of course that went to far when it invaded private property rights which increased resentment.

The War on Drugs? I hope that isn't one you are saying helps. Blacks are unfairly targeted.
Bailouts? Nope
Policemen of the World? Nope
Running the economy? Nope
Allowing illegals and anchor babies to become citizens? Which race of people is being hurt more by day labors coming across the border?

As a matter of fact blacks have been hurt more by the horrible policies in place. Look at the unemployment rate for blacks. If I was in the klan, looking at the big picture, I'd love it that Obama was President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Texas
24,307 posts, read 10,306,835 times
Reputation: 5439
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know quite a few conservatives who are upset that Mitt Romney lost. I should know because I was on facebook the night of the election, and I saw alot of people who were upset about the results.
Romney was no where near conservative. If you knew what a conservative was and discussed policy with those people, you'd know the answer already. Someone can call themselves anything they want, it doesn't make it so. Their actions speak for themselves. Not how they define themselves, not their race, not their sex, only ones actions defines the individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Calling African-Americans dumb for voting for President Obama, well, the race element was added to this. Why else would anyone add the race element to it? Why are some conservatives complaining about African-Americans? Please, I would like some answers.
Because dems constantly play the race card. From wanting someone light skinned with no negro dialect to quotas. It's about race with them too often. They can't discuss their failed policies so they have to deflect and falsely play the race card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
With rhetoric such as that which has been seen in this election, it basically alienated alot of minorities.
I'll be waiting to hear what racist rhetoric was used by the republican candidates during the presidential run. I followed closely and didn't hear it.
As a matter of fact the only person to call for the end to a racist policy was a republican, Ron Paul, who called for the war on drugs to end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,431 posts, read 9,016,469 times
Reputation: 5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeyee2009 View Post
There are bums in every race color and creed
true... but we all know the poorest and least educated states vote Repub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,431 posts, read 9,016,469 times
Reputation: 5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

I'll be waiting to hear what racist rhetoric was used by the republican candidates during the presidential run. I followed closely and didn't hear it.
As a matter of fact the only person to call for the end to a racist policy was a republican, Ron Paul, who called for the war on drugs to end.
You didn't hear it because you aren't black...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
 
47,675 posts, read 25,158,646 times
Reputation: 14689
I don't give a damn about what Conservatives think at this point. Hell, come to think of it, i never did care. If they think i'm dumb because of my politics, that's their problem. So long as they leave me alone and stay out of my way, i couldn't care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
 
44,998 posts, read 43,711,255 times
Reputation: 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would you think they have adopted the southern strategy? Is it because you cannot discuss the issues so instead throw false claims of racism?
Southern strategy is another made up buzzword. Just another rhetorical talking head phrase that makes people sound smart when in fact it exposes their ignorance.
You really think the Southern Strategy is false? You need to read The Emerging Republican Majority by Kevin Phillips.

Also:
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...s-southern.pdf

Quote:
Which ones have worked?
Maybe the Civil Rights Act that came after the tide had been turned by we the people and reversed the racist government policies. Of course that went to far when it invaded private property rights which increased resentment.
It took some part on the government to help this. It helped alot.

Quote:
The War on Drugs? I hope that isn't one you are saying helps. Blacks are unfairly targeted.
Bailouts? Nope
Policemen of the World? Nope
Running the economy? Nope
Allowing illegals and anchor babies to become citizens? Which race of people is being hurt more by day labors coming across the border?
And when did the War on Drugs begin? How gave anmesty? Republicans.

Quote:
As a matter of fact blacks have been hurt more by the horrible policies in place. Look at the unemployment rate for blacks. If I was in the klan, looking at the big picture, I'd love it that Obama was President
The Black unemployment rate is often higher than anyone else no matter who is president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
 
44,998 posts, read 43,711,255 times
Reputation: 14509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Romney was no where near conservative. If you knew what a conservative was and discussed policy with those people, you'd know the answer already. Someone can call themselves anything they want, it doesn't make it so. Their actions speak for themselves. Not how they define themselves, not their race, not their sex, only ones actions defines the individual.

Because dems constantly play the race card. From wanting someone light skinned with no negro dialect to quotas. It's about race with them too often. They can't discuss their failed policies so they have to deflect and falsely play the race card.

I'll be waiting to hear what racist rhetoric was used by the republican candidates during the presidential run. I followed closely and didn't hear it.
As a matter of fact the only person to call for the end to a racist policy was a republican, Ron Paul, who called for the war on drugs to end


Really?
Mitt Romney's '47%' comment alienated undecided voters: poll - latimes.com

We were not talking about Ron Paul. Ron Paul is more Libertarian than anything. Further more, go look at the comments Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich have made, basically talking to Black people as if they were idiots or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,625,088 times
Reputation: 7279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would you think they have adopted the southern strategy? Is it because you cannot discuss the issues so instead throw false claims of racism?
Southern strategy is another made up buzzword. Just another rhetorical talking head phrase that makes people sound smart when in fact it exposes their ignorance.
Wrong. They did adopt the self destructive Southern policy. While it helped Nixon, it also helped Obama win 2 terms, and is the sole reason the tp exists and Harry Reid remains majority leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top