Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 AM

17,386 posts, read 11,903,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
This would be great, if the GOP had any actual policies that would address this disparity. Fact is, they don't. And I'm not even sure what that policy would be - pretty much every study on the topic has found that Americans, in general, are far more likely to hire a white person, than a black person with the same or better qualifications, unless the difference in qualification is vast. The difference is, democrats actually recognize this, while republicans dive into century-old stereotypes of how black people are lazy (and then spin around and say that black people are taking jobs without being qualified for them).

Actually, I feel the same way. I'm not gay or bi, I have a masters in Electrical Engineering, a massive nest egg for my age, health insurance, I'm not a woman, I'm fine with my taxes going up a bit. Obama is literally offering me nothing.

However, I *do* care that same-sex couples can't get married, that women face pay discrimination, that the rich pay incredibly low tax rates because of capital gains, that some people don't get health care, and that college tuition prices are skyrocketing. I didn't vote for me, I voted for the people that this society is currently dumping on. Also, still not okay with the whole "black people are satisfied with food stamps" "Obama's not really American" noise that so much of the GOP loves.
The policies that should be addressed are ones that address EVERY AMERICAN. Singling out any race IS racism.

Your last paragraph shows you might be educated, but not intelligent when it comes to finance. The "rich" do NOT pay lower taxes because of capital gains. EVERYONE pays the same capital gains rate. It's a different type of tax, that is available to anyone. There is NOTHING in the tax code that says a certain type of tax is only available to the rich.

And you did NOT vote for those that society is dumping on. That would be the so-called rich. Those that you believe are being dumped on are getting far more than their fair share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you long for a time when the country was more like 1950 and the white male was more in control?

The 50's were great for the white conservative male.....bet you miss those days.
No, I long for reality. In that the conservatives were the ones that brought about equality for blacks. But liberals are too dumb and/or indoctrinated to realize that.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wow. And some people wonder why most African-Americans won't vote Republican.

Calling Black people stupid is not a way to win African-Americans over to the Republican Party. When is it going to cross some persons minds?
What a leap you've made. An OP that says unnamed commentators "alluding" to insanity instantly becomes "calling black people stupid". And you wonder why people think libs are insane.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM

It should be repealed. It, on it's face, is discriminatory and racist.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 AM

15,363 posts, read 12,562,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, I long for reality. In that the conservatives were the ones that brought about equality for blacks. But liberals are too dumb and/or indoctrinated to realize that.
your reality needs some updating.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,752,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
what a silly post you made.

if he wasnt black he would have never been elected much less re-elected.

how do you know him ? his background and heritage isnt American, he has no clue what its like to be a "african-America" (whateverinthehellthatis)
facts are, you and all the other 99% of blacks who voted for obaba are racist.
period.

if you think unemployment rates have dropped during the obaba administration you're obviously enjoying the cool-aid more than most people.
LOL at you. What a silly post you have made since you don't know what an "african-American" is yet you purport that the president is not one. You also don't even know how to spell his last name lol. It is O-B-A-M-A.

You have no clue what it is like to be a black American (I am not African BTW) so how would you know what that constitutes. Someone who is black and was born in America is a black American. No matter what their previous heritage was.

Also, what information don't you know about Obama? Like I said, I know his parents, his step-father, his grandparents, his half brothers/sisters, where he was born, his birthday, where he went to school, his stances on particular issues, his wife, his daughters, where he lived in Chicago, where he lived in HI, where he lived in Indonesia and many many more things about him. I bet you know more about him than you know about....Gerald Ford for instance. Without using "the internets" tell me where Gerald Ford was born. I bet you don't know?

And FWIW, it is "kool-aid" lol. See, I am black. I lived the "black experience" in America. I know what kool-aid is and I drank it and even used to like it (had to give it up so I wouldn't get in bad shape though with all the sugar involved). I bet Obama knows what kool-aid is too. Maybe you need to drink some so you know what you are talking about.

And you may need to look in the mirror about racists. I don't have a problem with anyone of any background. I also don't care who anyone votes for, unlike you and others on this thread. I am not overly concerned with anyone's joblessness unless, like the original poster I responded to mentioned, they are close friends/family - people who I care about. All the black people I know intimately (meaning they are close to me) have jobs. Even my pretty idiotic family members have jobs. Some of them like to quit jobs - for instance, I have a brother that quits jobs every 1-3 months. He is always finding another one, so IMO people who are chronically unemployed, even black people (and I am black), need to put themselves out there and do what they have to do to get a job. I can understand looking for a position in a certain field, but there comes a time when one has to pay the bills and you better take whatever job you can. I am not overly concerned with them. Those that want jobs will get them. Those that don't won't and they aren't my concern. I am actually a hiring manager at my own job and I have hired plenty of people who say they want jobs but really they want to sit around and get paid for doing nothing. When I fire those people - even the black people - I don't feel bad about it either.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM

15,363 posts, read 12,562,795 times
^^^ you get the slow clap for that awesome post.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM

72,824 posts, read 62,174,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It should be repealed. It, on it's face, is discriminatory and racist.
That's what YOU think.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM

490 posts, read 648,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at you. What a silly post you have made since you don't know what an "african-American" is yet you purport that the president is not one. You also don't even know how to spell his last name lol. It is O-B-A-M-A.

You have no clue what it is like to be a black American (I am not African BTW) so how would you know what that constitutes. Someone who is black and was born in America is a black American. No matter what their previous heritage was.

Also, what information don't you know about Obama? Like I said, I know his parents, his step-father, his grandparents, his half brothers/sisters, where he was born, his birthday, where he went to school, his stances on particular issues, his wife, his daughters, where he lived in Chicago, where he lived in HI, where he lived in Indonesia and many many more things about him. I bet you know more about him than you know about....Gerald Ford for instance. Without using "the internets" tell me where Gerald Ford was born. I bet you don't know?

And FWIW, it is "kool-aid" lol. See, I am black. I lived the "black experience" in America. I know what kool-aid is and I drank it and even used to like it (had to give it up so I wouldn't get in bad shape though with all the sugar involved). I bet Obama knows what kool-aid is too. Maybe you need to drink some so you know what you are talking about.

And you may need to look in the mirror about racists. I don't have a problem with anyone of any background. I also don't care who anyone votes for, unlike you and others on this thread. I am not overly concerned with anyone's joblessness unless, like the original poster I responded to mentioned, they are close friends/family - people who I care about. All the black people I know intimately (meaning they are close to me) have jobs. Even my pretty idiotic family members have jobs. Some of them like to quit jobs - for instance, I have a brother that quits jobs every 1-3 months. He is always finding another one, so IMO people who are chronically unemployed, even black people (and I am black), need to put themselves out there and do what they have to do to get a job. I can understand looking for a position in a certain field, but there comes a time when one has to pay the bills and you better take whatever job you can. I am not overly concerned with them. Those that want jobs will get them. Those that don't won't and they aren't my concern. I am actually a hiring manager at my own job and I have hired plenty of people who say they want jobs but really they want to sit around and get paid for doing nothing. When I fire those people - even the black people - I don't feel bad about it either.
Very nice.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 PM

72,824 posts, read 62,174,096 times
Quote:
You also don't even know how to spell his last name lol. It is O-B-A-M-A.
I get the feeling that the misspelling that you were referring to might have been on purpose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections