U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM

361 posts, read 611,797 times

Advertisements

Blacks voted for Obama because he was black. Reverse raciscm, pure and simple.

93 percent of the black vote for ANY candidate would be a statistical impossibility. They knew nothing about him, nor tried to research him. They voted color all the way.

This is not a shock. This is not even remotely surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 AM

7,412 posts, read 3,791,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post

93 percent of the black vote for ANY candidate would be a statistical impossibility. They knew nothing about him, nor tried to research him. They voted color all the way.

"Statistical Impossibility", then why has it occurred multiple times in the the past?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 AM

1,127 posts, read 752,035 times
Quote:

Blacks voted for Clinton, Kerry and Gore in the same numbers. Romney was an idiot, almost as bad as McCain. The dumb ones are the Republicans for nominating un-electable. fools.

Sarah Palin?? What the hell were you guys thinking?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 AM

2,435 posts, read 2,749,444 times
I think even more see black people as dumb period.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:55 AM

47,553 posts, read 25,073,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Some Conservatives Think That African Americans Were Dumb for Voting for Obama

Given the constituency that repeatedly elects Maxine Waters as Representative, I could tend to agree with the conservative view. At least in consideration of that particular district. I could probably feel fairly confident in a wager that those voters for Waters would have also voted for Obama.
If the voters in her district feel that they're well served, who are outsiders to say different?

I thought Tom DeLay was an idiot, but that doesn't mean that I should judge the voters of Sugarland, Texas to be stupid. I just assume that he was good for the district.

Same for Waters. Half the House is made up of clowns anyway. Why single her constituents out?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 AM

17,467 posts, read 18,463,188 times
I love threads like these because they ensure the demise of the Republican Party

Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 AM

69,880 posts, read 80,398,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
"Statistical Impossibility", then why has it occurred multiple times in the the past?
93%, not often, if ever. LCS dies bring up a good point. In this case I agree, most blacks voted for him beause of his skin color. And more blacks voted (especially in 2008) than normally vote. btw: 88% of the blacks voted for kerry: 90% for Gore and 82% for Clinton. That isn't 93% by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by nmnita; 03-19-2013 at 05:22 AM..

Old 03-19-2013, 08:12 AM

44,967 posts, read 43,624,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Some Conservatives Think That African Americans Were Dumb for Voting for Obama

Given the constituency that repeatedly elects Maxine Waters as Representative, I could tend to agree with the conservative view. At least in consideration of that particular district. I could probably feel fairly confident in a wager that those voters for Waters would have also voted for Obama.
And with thinking like that, I don't expect many African-Americans to vote conservative. Give me one reason why I should vote for someone who thinks I'm "dumb".

Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:

Can you prove that? How is voting for President Obama any different than Blacks voting for John Kerry, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Michael Dukakis, Walter Mondale, Jimmy Carter, George McGovern, or Lyndon B. Johnson?

In 2000, Al Gore got 90% of the Black vote. And consider this. Fewer Blacks voted for President Obama in this past election than in the last election. Another thing to consider is this. In the elections prior to 2008, there were more candidates running and a lower Black voter turnout. It can be surmised that with more candidates, more votes went to some of the third party candidates. If there was any part of the Black population who voted for President Obama simply because he was Black, it was a small percentage.

in 1964, Lyndon B. Johnson got 94 percent of the Black vote(of those Blacks who could vote. Please consider that most Blacks living in the South couldn't vote). The very next election, Hubert H. Humphrey received 97% of the Black vote, more than any other candidate, even President Obama. Hubert H. Humphrey only received 38% of the White vote, even less than President Obama this past election.

Blacks have been voting Democrat in percentages of 85%+ since the late 1960s, and this was a response to civil rights legislation being passed. The final nail in the coffin came with the Southern Strategy being used in the late 1960s, where Blacks were basically alienated from the Republican Party as a result. Political analyst Kevin P. Phillips said at the time that he did not see a place for Blacks in the Republican Party.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Blacks voted for Clinton, Kerry and Gore in the same numbers. Romney was an idiot, almost as bad as McCain. The dumb ones are the Republicans for nominating un-electable. fools.

Sarah Palin?? What the hell were you guys thinking?
Blacks did vote for Clinton, Kerry and Gore. Blacks also voted for Dukakis, Mondale, Carter, McGovern, Humphrey, and Johnson. Johnson received 94 percent of the Black vote after passing civil rights legislation(it is important to understand that most Blacks in the South couldn't vote so these were mainly northern and western Blacks voting). Hubert H. Humphrey, in the 1968 election against Nixon, lost the election, but he won 97 percent of the Black vote. He won only 38 percent of the White vote.

This is what I have to say. If people are that curious about why Blacks voted for President Obama, then I would say they are asking the wrong question. The question that should be asked is this. Why aren't Blacks voting for Republican candidates in large numbers? No one asks that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or