U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,977 posts, read 10,821,347 times
Reputation: 4014

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
Blacks voted for Obama because he was black. Reverse raciscm, pure and simple.

93 percent of the black vote for ANY candidate would be a statistical impossibility. They knew nothing about him, nor tried to research him. They voted color all the way.

This is not a shock. This is not even remotely surprising.
You have no idea what you are talking about



African Americans vote for Democrats, pure and simple, unless you think Kerry and Gore and Carter and Clinton were all secretly black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,880 posts, read 80,398,949 times
Reputation: 39376
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about



African Americans vote for Democrats, pure and simple, unless you think Kerry and Gore and Carter and Clinton were all secretly black.
Have to say, I don't know where that chart came from, but I have checked in 3 other places and that chart does not match up. I certainly am not one that would say anyone is dumb for voting the way they do, it is a personal thing and people have their reasons for voting for a candidate. That is why we hold elections, but more blacks did vote for Obama than normally vote Democrat...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 AM
 
44,967 posts, read 43,624,702 times
Reputation: 14500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have to say, I don't know where that chart came from, but I have checked in 3 other places and that chart does not match up. I certainly am not one that would say anyone is dumb for voting the way they do, it is a personal thing and people have their reasons for voting for a candidate. That is why we hold elections, but more blacks did vote for Obama than normally vote Democrat...
Blacks also did the same for Johnson and Humphrey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,123,618 times
Reputation: 9038
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I brought up Johnson and Humphrey. Both candidates received 94% and 97% of the Black vote respectively. I've mentioned this before and no one seems to think about that.

And in 2012, a lower percentage of Blacks voted for President Obama than the last election.
I believe that. They're sick of the bogus hopey changey crap.

But the percentage of blacks who voted for a specific candidate doesn't matter unless you know the percentage of blacks who voted, period. Many, many more voted in 2008 because the candidate was black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you can't use them because there wasn't a black man on the ticket.

the only elections you can use are the last 2 because it helps their argument.

Things like facts and figures...oh, and common sense can't be used in this discussion
It's obviously too hard for them to understand.

As for charts: There's a chart for every opinion out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM
 
44,967 posts, read 43,624,702 times
Reputation: 14500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe that. They're sick of the bogus hopey changey crap.

But the percentage of blacks who voted for a specific candidate doesn't matter unless you know the percentage of blacks who voted, period. Many, many more voted in 2008 because the candidate was black.
Which percentage of Blacks voted for President Obama just because he was Black? And which percentage of Blacks voted for President Obama for the same reason they have voted for other Democrats? Ask yourself that.

And ask yourself this. How many candidates ran for the President Election in 2008? The answer was TWO(2) as oppose to more.

Most Blacks voted for President Obama for the same reason they would vote for any other Democrat. Those who voted for him simply because he was Black was a small amount.

And consider this two. More Blacks voted in 1968 than in 1964. Humphrey won 97 percent of the Black vote. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,123,618 times
Reputation: 9038
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Which percentage of Blacks voted for President Obama just because he was Black? And which percentage of Blacks voted for President Obama for the same reason they have voted for other Democrats? Ask yourself that.

And ask yourself this. How many candidates ran for the President Election in 2008? The answer was TWO(2) as oppose to more.

Most Blacks voted for President Obama for the same reason they would vote for any other Democrat. Those who voted for him simply because he was Black was a small amount.

And consider this two. More Blacks voted in 1968 than in 1964. Humphrey won 97 percent of the Black vote. Why is that?
I rest my case. It's hopeless.

What is it about: THERE WASN'T A BLACK MAN ON THE TICKET that's so damned hard to figure out?

if they voted, they had to vote for someone. WHITE was their only choice then.

Yes, it's true most blacks are democrat. That's because they haven't yet figured out that democrats today aren't the democrats their grandmothers voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 AM
 
44,967 posts, read 43,624,702 times
Reputation: 14500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I rest my case. It's hopeless.

What is it about: THERE WASN'T A BLACK MAN ON THE TICKET that's so damned hard to figure out?
That "Black man" on the ticket might have had a high percentage of Blacks voting for him, but so did a White man, and that particular White man got an even higher percentage of the Black vote than the "Black candidate" did.

You only say its hopeless because I showed an example to you of Blacks voting for White candidates in just as high or higher percentages than President Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,123,618 times
Reputation: 9038
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That "Black man" on the ticket might have had a high percentage of Blacks voting for him, but so did a White man, and that particular White man got an even higher percentage of the Black vote than the "Black candidate" did.

You only say its hopeless because I showed an example to you of Blacks voting for White candidates in just as high or higher percentages than President Obama.
Yes. It's hopeless trying to educate the uneducatable.

I give up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,977 posts, read 10,821,347 times
Reputation: 4014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have to say, I don't know where that chart came from, but I have checked in 3 other places and that chart does not match up. I certainly am not one that would say anyone is dumb for voting the way they do, it is a personal thing and people have their reasons for voting for a candidate. That is why we hold elections, but more blacks did vote for Obama than normally vote Democrat...
The Chart comes from fact check.org

FactCheck.org : Blacks and the Democratic Party

The chart says that Gore about 90%. Its not like it wasa difference of 30 points, you are talking about 3% to 7% in difference.

Im also not sure what other 3 places you checked, Do you mind posting them.

To the Whole forum, i am still wondering why the fact that black people voting for a Democratic candidate is so shocking for you people. The majority of African Americans have voted democratic for the last 70+ years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
 
44,967 posts, read 43,624,702 times
Reputation: 14500
Quote:
Yes, it's true most blacks are democrat. That's because they haven't yet figured out that democrats today aren't the democrats their grandmothers voted for.
Actually, I disagree. Most Blacks are voting Democrat due to lack of trust in the Republican Party. The Republicans of the 1870s are not the same Republicans as today.

You should watch this video:

"Why Black Conservatives Don't Vote Republican" Micheal Steel - YouTube




And think about this. Alot of Blacks don't vote Republican because of the effects of the Southern Strategy:
Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Impossible, Ridiculous, Repugnant - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...s-southern.pdf


Whenever people say "Blacks are dumb for voting Democrat" or "Blacks are dumb for voting for President Obama", how do you expect Blacks to vote for Republicans? Why would I vote for someone who makes such statements, basically alienating Blacks? And then you have Mitt Romney's "47 percent" quote, Rick Santorum's race rant, and Newt Gingrich's food stamps comment, basically making the assumption that all Blacks want food stamps and that all Blacks live off of food stamps. Anyone making insulting, patronizing, and fallacious comments like that is not going to get my vote, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top