U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,444,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My point is that Obama has taken us on a downhill course for four years. It is stupid to re-elect him. .
It is also past tense, and now Obama is POTUS until 1/20/17, so why are you saying "it IS stupid", as IS does not denote past tense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 03:10 PM

18,697 posts, read 14,816,085 times
Quote:
My point is that Obama has taken us on a downhill course for four years. It is stupid to re-elect him. Voting for Romney was a vote to stop/reverse the downhill slide caused by Obama. But Obama supporters are blinded and voted to keep right on sliding.
Voting for Romney was voting to go back to the Bush policies that caused the massive downturn in the economy in the first pace, and what caused the fact that we were losing 700-800k jobs a month when he left office.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 PM

288 posts, read 235,257 times
Quote:
My point is that Obama has taken us on a downhill course for four years. It is stupid to re-elect him. Voting for Romney was a vote to stop/reverse the downhill slide caused by Obama. But Obama supporters are blinded and voted to keep right on sliding.

You mean the same way you and other conservatives were "blinded" when you reelected Bush? In my opinion I think the people who voted for Bush both times are stupid..

Old 11-24-2012, 03:13 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,271,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Voting for Romney was voting to go back to the Bush policies that caused the massive downturn in the economy in the first pace, and what caused the fact that we were losing 700-800k jobs a month when he left office.
It was the case of Romnesia

Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 PM

3,259 posts, read 5,098,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Dumb, no Moronically Stupid - YES.
Do you vote?

Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is true. Intercity schools cost significantly more than their suburban counterparts. To begin with, the district that houses them has to pay teachers more to attract them. Also a great deal of extra money has to be poured into support programs. The money is being spent, we just aren't getting a good return on it. I've said it before, if you want to improve education you have to start in the home. The best way to fix what ails the black community is to figure out a way to get the black father back in the home.
Well with the rise of single moms in all racial groups, I don't think having fathers in the home would put a dent in the problem, since many women are now having babies without the father in the home by choice.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM

44,591 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Ment voting rights.. In too many threads at once...
What I know is that Rick Perry was calling for the repeal of the Voting Rights Act. Why would I vote for someone who wants to repeal the Voting Rights Act.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You both proved it. blacks don't think, they just vote color..
I am really laughing at you. Since when blacks had the opportunity to vote for color when it came to the president of the United States? It was only 2008 and then 2012 where in the first and second time in our nation's history, blacks could vote for a black man over a white man. Hummmmmmmmmmmm?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
If every Black person in America voted, we couldn't single-handedly elect a President. As everybody loves to point out, Blacks are only 12-13 percent of the population....so they need to direct those comments to the White population.
You are absolutely right. In fact, blacks are actually decreasing in number, and the percentages as of 2010, are down to about 10%.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:05 PM

44,591 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Quote:
I wasn't aware that only blacks voted for Obama. I think that EVERYONE who voted to reelect Obama is stupid. Look what he has done for the last four years. Then you reelect him?
Conservatives are complaining about African-Americans, calling them dumb for voting for President Obama. Some conservatives are calling African-Americans dumb because of their voting choice. With conservatives saying things like this, this only alienates African-Americans from the Republican Party. When are soem conservatives going to realize this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or