U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 PM

44,958 posts, read 43,600,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Just conservatives? How about any people who are gigantic bigots like the ones concurring with the elitist racism that inspired this thread?
I have gathered a few conclusions about this.

1) The persons who have said these things have no idea how offensive what they are saying sounds.

2) The persons who have said these things are not really interested in drawing in more Black people to the Republican Party, but rather, are sore losers who can't get over the fact that Mitt Romney lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 09:31 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,495,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Anyone who voted for the corrupt obama is dumb, color has nothing to do with it. obama is, and will continue to, destroy this country. Dems may have won the election, but it will cost us all the country.

By anyone you must mean the overwhelming majority of women, Blacks, Latinos, Asians, The GLBT community, and the under 30 population that finds the Republican stand on Same Sex Marriage, The Affordable Care Act and women's reproductive rights absolutely disgusting and aberrant.

This is the GOP's obituary, The party's continued talking points are likened to a chicken with it's head cut off. Still moving but only from past impulses that came from the now severed head.

This is demise, not of the country but the country YOU and your party will never see.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:45 PM

2,435 posts, read 2,747,935 times
Is this bragging or putting down anything 'undesirable', such as non white or LBGT? And if so, wont Glorious superior Texas eventually inherit what they criticize about California? Sounds like we feeble Californians will be left with a lot more room to rebuild and improve. Thanks Texas!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,135,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Dumb, no Moronically Stupid - YES.
You're right. We should vote for the party that tells us we are the reason America is so screwed up, that we commit all the crime, suck up all the "entitlements," are lazy and - what about this - moronically stupid. The stupid ones are the ones - of any race - who continue to back the GOP.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,588,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But most Blacks aren't demanding welfare or foodstamps. Only a minority of Blacks on food stamps. These statements were basically insulting the intelligence of alot of people.
, btw, I am a white male, and find these comments reprehensible. They were no doubt aimed at driving the Southern, white male, rural, uneducated vote, and that group is one I truly wish both parties had conspired to ignore after their Civil Rights hissy fit.

They are unworthy of a place for reasoned, political discussion.

They are, thankfully, just a minority of even the Southern GOP, but they are vocal, and have disproportinate primary power.

Every 4 years, IMO, their antics at the debates drive a backlash, educated white vote against the GOP, whom they would be prone to vote for, if they could tolerate them at all.

The Dems could not have sabotaged the GOP any better than this segment of the base hurts the GOP.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 PM

13,129 posts, read 10,372,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A completely ridiculous post. Completely.
Welcome to city-data. Apparently, you haven't seen what some conservatives post around here. Look around and then talk.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 AM

44,958 posts, read 43,600,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
, btw, I am a white male, and find these comments reprehensible. They were no doubt aimed at driving the Southern, white male, rural, uneducated vote, and that group is one I truly wish both parties had conspired to ignore after their Civil Rights hissy fit.

They are unworthy of a place for reasoned, political discussion.

They are, thankfully, just a minority of even the Southern GOP, but they are vocal, and have disproportinate primary power.

Every 4 years, IMO, their antics at the debates drive a backlash, educated white vote against the GOP, whom they would be prone to vote for, if they could tolerate them at all.

The Dems could not have sabotaged the GOP any better than this segment of the base hurts the GOP.
I think we both agree that the worst mistake the GOP made was appealing to the worst elements of Southern culture. Rather the party could have been appealing to the likes of James Earl Carter and Morris Dees.

What is needed is a more moderate tone, on both sides. If both sides ignored them, I think we would have been better along.

And you are right, they are minority of the southern GOP members.

What I've learned is this. Sometimes, it isn't the largest group that speaks the loudest. It is the angriest that speaks the loudest. I understand what you're talking about.

I think a new strategy is to draw in a more moderate population, of all races,to try and be a uniting force.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,588,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think we both agree that the worst mistake the GOP made was appealing to the worst elements of Southern culture. Rather the party could have been appealing to the likes of James Earl Carter and Morris Dees.

What is needed is a more moderate tone, on both sides. If both sides ignored them, I think we would have been better along.

And you are right, they are minority of the southern GOP members.

What I've learned is this. Sometimes, it isn't the largest group that speaks the loudest. It is the angriest that speaks the loudest. I understand what you're talking about.

I think a new strategy is to draw in a more moderate population, of all races,to try and be a uniting force.
Correct. The GOP could actually win 1 or 2 states in either NE or the Mid Atlantic every 4 years except for these rural ignornant lowlifes. They could win New Mexico like they used to, perhaps Florida, again were it not for this group.

They are angry because despite being uneducated they know Lindsay Graham is correct, their power has been waning, and continues to decline, except for a few months when they yell "Let them die" or boo "children of illegals being educated (Rick Perry)", and volla, a few months later, the GOP nominee gets thrashed, and the joke was on this ignorant group as no group despises the Dems more, yet truth be told, they elect them.

19 states have been blue 6 staright times, and have 243 electoral votes, 90% before the Dem does squat to earn a swing state. Add in NOVA and NM now, and one is at 261. That means wining any remaining swing state seals the deal. So much for the Southern strategy, huh? The Edsel had a better business plan. If I were a Dem, I'd tell the GOP "Hey, you can have the confederacy plus depopulated mountain states". "I'll take the coasts where people LIVE", add rapidly changing states (demographics) like Va, NM, Colorado, and laugh at your foolish insistence on clinging to a futile gameplan.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 AM

1,852 posts, read 1,517,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Do you really think conservatives favor segregation and slavery?

This may surprise you, but there were others who don't fit that definition who liked the '50s.
White women hated those days, wonder why...

blaming blacks is a cop out, the blame for the "new America" is mostly on women rights and they've done alot better since they have gotten their wish.

Republicans would never blame women, abortion isn't the real issue, women making money, having choices and living freely is the real republican beef, unfortunately not one white man would ever get out of line in that department.

Not directed at anyone in particular.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:35 AM

14,621 posts, read 7,272,559 times
As a black person I don't care what the stupid, moronic, idiots on Fox or RWNJ radio say. No one except people who buy into the idiotic things spewed from those media sources cares what any of them say.

If the folks in charge of the GOP keep making these media whores the spokespeople for their party, they will continue to lose big in presidential elections in the foreseeable future.

And FWIW, Romney was not a good candidate. He didn't have a stance on anything really. Why would a smart person vote for him?? If the GOP would have run a better candidate maybe they would have had a different result and wouldn't resort to finger wagging/fist clenching while muttering (and posting ridiculous threads) "It was those gosh darn BLACKS!!!"

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or