Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I continue not to understand how republicans think we should come to their side? After that incident at the CPAC with that racist tea party voter, you really expect us to come to that side? Voter ID laws, paul ryan's budget, etc. Have you seen the topics created on this forum, you really expect us to join who people who think like that about us?
I have said this before. If the Republican Party is so concerned about the way Blacks vote, then the Republican Party should come up with a plan that attracts more Black voters. It should have more moderate candidates and not candidates who say stupid things(such as comments from Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich). It must purge the Tea Party from its ranks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 02:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would worry about HOW some people think. It is important to consider that HOW a person thinks can be scarier than what a person thinks.
Maybe so...

But on the real...if you don't kiss me at night or sign my paycheck, I don't sweat it. I'll get outta your way and you damn sure had better stay outta mine.

I respect you, you respect me. That's all that matters. As long as you keep the racist stuff to yourself, it's all good.

I wish everyone were that way.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Some Conservatives Think That African Americans Were Dumb for Voting for Obama

Given the constituency that repeatedly elects Maxine Waters as Representative, I could tend to agree with the conservative view. At least in consideration of that particular district. I could probably feel fairly confident in a wager that those voters for Waters would have also voted for Obama.
Not just her. How about the idiot that said an island would tip over if it had to many people on it. Time after time, dopes (not just black people) elect absolute morons and people who dont even like this country.

You're right on that too. Just about any retard that voted for Obama would most likely vote for Waters as well. Or Reid, whom just used todays accident in Nevada that killed Marines to push his agenda and whine about sequester.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Not just her. How about the idiot that said an island would tip over if it had to many people on it. Time after time, dopes (not just black people) elect absolute morons and people who dont even like this country.

You're right on that too. Just about any retard that voted for Obama would most likely vote for Waters as well. Or Reid, whom just used todays accident in Nevada that killed Marines to push his agenda and whine about sequester.
I'm not going to even talk about the fact that you think all people who voted for Obama are "idiots". However, I am going to talk about this. Blacks are the ones being singled out, even though they make up 13 percent of all of the voters. People are complaining about Blacks in particular. Think about the title of this thread.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:40 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not going to even talk about the fact that you think all people who voted for Obama are "idiots". However, I am going to talk about this. Blacks are the ones being singled out, even though they make up 13 percent of all of the voters. People are complaining about Blacks in particular. Think about the title of this thread.
They may be singled out because there probably are a lot of them that wouldve stayed at home if Obama wasnt black. Worth mentioning also is that we've heard many say theyve voted for him just because he is black.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
They may be singled out because there probably are a lot of them that wouldve stayed at home if Obama wasnt black. Worth mentioning also is that we've heard many say theyve voted for him just because he is black.
Lol. They are singled out because they are black. The majority of them would have still come out to vote even if Barack was not black. To the tune of 90 some percent. I think it would be worth mentioning that you need to back up that statement that many voted for him because he was black. I'm gonna need numbers.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
If you had been reading my other posts, and some of the calculations I've made, only a small percentage of Black voters voted for President Obama based on race. And what about the White voters who voted for Romney and McCain because they did not want a Black president?

And consider this, Blacks have been voting Democrat in large numbers for a very long time. Blacks voting for Republicans have been very small in numbers since the 1960s and have remained that way.

The question you need to ask is this question: Why don't Blacks vote for Republicans in large numbers compared to other groups?

If people were truly concerned about Blacks voting for Democrats, or President Obama, then the Republican Party should have come up with better ways to get more Black voters. What Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich said basically alienated Blacks. And with some conservatives singling out Blacks and calling them "dumb" for voting for President Obama, that will continue to alienate Black voters. If conservatives are truly concerned, then they would not say things like "Black voters are dumb for voting for President Obama". Considering that some conservatives are saying those things, they aren't concerned at all. It is a matter of "We're mad that we lost the election and we blame Blacks for it".

Old 03-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Lol. They are singled out because they are black. The majority of them would have still come out to vote even if Barack was not black. To the tune of 90 some percent. I think it would be worth mentioning that you need to back up that statement that many voted for him because he was black. I'm gonna need numbers.
Anyone who claims that all Black voters voted for President Obama because he was black hasn't proven it with numbers.

I will put this to numbers. I've done it before, and I will do it again. 24 million Black voters in 2004. 26 million Black voters in 2008. An increase of 2 million more voters. This would be that at most, 2 million voted for President Obama because he was Black. However, that still leaves 24 million who voted for him because they vote Democrat.

And something else to consider. Since 1964, the candidate who has won the highest percentage of the Black vote was Hubert H. Humphrey, with 97 percent. http://www.thomsonedu.com/politicals...ct_1_final.pdf

Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Worth mentioning also is that we've heard many say theyve voted for him just because he is black.
Have you considered that the ones who speak the loudest get the most attention?

Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Maybe so...

But on the real...if you don't kiss me at night or sign my paycheck, I don't sweat it. I'll get outta your way and you damn sure had better stay outta mine.

I respect you, you respect me. That's all that matters. As long as you keep the racist stuff to yourself, it's all good.

I wish everyone were that way.
True. If a person doesn't sign your check, you shouldn't worry about it. However, it is important to remember that the person who controls the money can do alot of damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections