Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you had been reading my other posts, and some of the calculations I've made, only a small percentage of Black voters voted for President Obama based on race. And what about the White voters who voted for Romney and McCain because they did not want a Black president?

And consider this, Blacks have been voting Democrat in large numbers for a very long time. Blacks voting for Republicans have been very small in numbers since the 1960s and have remained that way.

The question you need to ask is this question: Why don't Blacks vote for Republicans in large numbers compared to other groups?

If people were truly concerned about Blacks voting for Democrats, or President Obama, then the Republican Party should have come up with better ways to get more Black voters. What Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich said basically alienated Blacks. And with some conservatives singling out Blacks and calling them "dumb" for voting for President Obama, that will continue to alienate Black voters. If conservatives are truly concerned, then they would not say things like "Black voters are dumb for voting for President Obama". Considering that some conservatives are saying those things, they aren't concerned at all. It is a matter of "We're mad that we lost the election and we blame Blacks for it".
We have had some blacks publicly state they voted for him due to color. And I get it that blacks, when they do vote, will vote for a Democrat more often than not. And to be honest, that is their problem. It is partially a messaging problem by the GOP in actually getting the message out, but a large part of it is if some of these people cant see what they are getting by voting for liberalism, then what can you do? You want to be a prop for the Democratic Party and be bought with this and that and treated like you are victims, that is your problem.

And I dont blame blacks for Obama being elected. I dont know who does. I blame plenty of people/groups. For one, I blame the losers in our society who care more about a pop culture icon than anything else, making it all out to be a popularity contest. I blame my party which needs to boot out the establishment and run on Conservatism for once. I blame a corrupt and lying media who bends over backwards for liberals, and especially Obama. I blame our society, which continues to decline in so many ways. I dont blame black people. But I do blame them for a majority of them continuing to fall in line for Democrats who, quite frankly, dont give one damn about them. Time for the victim nonsense to stop. Time for calling everyone a racist to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 04:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
True. If a person doesn't sign your check, you shouldn't worry about it. However, it is important to remember that the person who controls the money can do alot of damage.
That's the difference between you and me. I think the person who controls the money can do a lot of good.

Like feed and clothe me.

It's not rocket science.

And it's no wonder some people can't find and keep jobs.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
To those folks who by extension lambast Black voters who reelect Maxine Waters -to be fair, should white people account for reelecting Louie Gohmert of Texas, who's known for saying really off-the-wall things?

Incidentally Representative Waters' south-central Los Angeles district now has a plurality of Latinos in it. So she is getting Latino support. So is Charlie Rangel's Harlem-centered district. OTOH Steve Cohen (a Caucasian) of Memphis, TN has been reelected several times in a majority-Black district, despite being challenged by some African-American primary nominees, many of whom suggested that it be better for a Black person to represent the constuents. The voters, however, didn't buy that and have continued to support Cohen, who I think is in Harold Ford's old seat.

Bottom Line: Black folks don't solely vote on race, contrary to perceptions.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's the difference between you and me. I think the person who controls the money can do a lot of good.

Like feed and clothe me.

It's not rocket science.

However, in a civil society, it is very important to hold those who have the money (and power) accountable. Otherwise we'll have a plutocracy that is run by and for the benefit of those with the big money.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
We have had some blacks publicly state they voted for him due to color. And I get it that blacks, when they do vote, will vote for a Democrat more often than not. And to be honest, that is their problem. It is partially a messaging problem by the GOP in actually getting the message out, but a large part of it is if some of these people cant see what they are getting by voting for liberalism, then what can you do? You want to be a prop for the Democratic Party and be bought with this and that and treated like you are victims, that is your problem.

And I dont blame blacks for Obama being elected. I dont know who does. I blame plenty of people/groups. For one, I blame the losers in our society who care more about a pop culture icon than anything else, making it all out to be a popularity contest. I blame my party which needs to boot out the establishment and run on Conservatism for once. I blame a corrupt and lying media who bends over backwards for liberals, and especially Obama. I blame our society, which continues to decline in so many ways. I dont blame black people. But I do blame them for a majority of them continuing to fall in line for Democrats who, quite frankly, dont give one damn about them. Time for the victim nonsense to stop. Time for calling everyone a racist to stop.
If you are thinking like that, the GOP will continue its slide. Be more conservative? These policy positions were firmly rejected in the elections. Reiterating the tired meme of "being a victim" will do nothing to reverse these political fortunes, nor will pointing fingers of blame. Neither will trying to dress up unpopular policies in nicer wrapping. There's got to be a fundamental change in the GOP in its policy positions AND strategy if it expects to compete nationally.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:

Why don't other groups that vote overwhelmingly for Democrats get questioned? Why is the black vote singled out?

Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Not just her. How about the idiot that said an island would tip over if it had to many people on it. Time after time, dopes (not just black people) elect absolute morons and people who dont even like this country.

You're right on that too. Just about any retard that voted for Obama would most likely vote for Waters as well. Or Reid, whom just used todays accident in Nevada that killed Marines to push his agenda and whine about sequester.
Which dope/loser in congress represents your district?
Quote:
They may be singled out because there probably are a lot of them that wouldve stayed at home if Obama wasnt black. Worth mentioning also is that we've heard many say theyve voted for him just because he is black.
Oh really? You've "heard so many?"

No you haven't. How many is so many?

This'll be interesting.

See people? And these are the folks that want us to vote Republican.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:

Like feed and clothe me.

It's not rocket science.

Well, the person who controls the money can use it to do disturbing things, because I know what it's about. It is about power and control over others. Money is considered power by many people.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:
UJh........HELLO! There weren't any blacks running for president when Kerry was on the ticket!

Talk about deflection!

Yes.......many more blacks than ever voted in 2008 just so they could vote for a black man. Thanks to ACORN, etc.

And yes, many more blacks voted in 2012 so they could vote for a black man.

I honestly can't believe someone would bring up Kerry when voters only had white people to choose from.
Yes, there was, John Parker who ran is Black.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I don't think blacks voted for Obama because he is black because not many blacks supported Herman Cain or Alan Keyes. They vote for whoever will give them bigger government and promises them more government and they vote for the pro-abortion candidate and the candidate who promises to attract more illegals. It seems that many blacks hate the idea of living in a country where whites are the majority and think everything is much better south of the border so want this country ruled like a hispanic nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections