U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Reputation: 4963

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am referring to someone like a construction worker who used to be paid a wage that could and did support his family until illegal immigrants came along and reduced those wages in half. I am not talking about a fast food job for God's sake. However, illegals have taken over those jobs also so that our youth don't stand a chance. If you think that illegal immigrants are only doing those types of jobs you need a reality check.

It is bad enough that our jobs are being outsourced such as factory jobs that use to pay a liveable wage but not we are insourcing illegals to take what blue collared jobs there are left. WTH is wrong with Americans who aren't alarmed about both of these things?
ho do you think is the primary group who is willing to ship jobs overseas? The same people who complain about falling wages are quick to defend the CEO's who went from making 5 million to 25 million a year over the last 20 years...

Mcjobs are plentiful and a kid will never have a problem getting a low paying gig at a box store or flipping burgers... if you live in a rural area with one store or one burger joint then sure.. you will have problems but I've never heard a kid say they couldn't get a job at McDonalds because the illegals took over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
By the time Obama's term is finally over, trust me . . . it won't matter who the Republicans run for President - they will win.
that's what they said 4 years ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
ho do you think is the primary group who is willing to ship jobs overseas? The same people who complain about falling wages are quick to defend the CEO's who went from making 5 million to 25 million a year over the last 20 years...

Mcjobs are plentiful and a kid will never have a problem getting a low paying gig at a box store or flipping burgers... if you live in a rural area with one store or one burger joint then sure.. you will have problems but I've never heard a kid say they couldn't get a job at McDonalds because the illegals took over.
If you think that some of our jobs haven't been outsourced by the Democrats also you need a reality check. If you think that all the rich CEO's are Republicans you're wearing blinders.

Just because you haven't heard someone say that they couldn't get a job or had their job stolen by an illegal immigrant doesn't mean it isn't happening. Illegal immigrants are working all kinds of jobs that Americans used to do for a fair wage. You really need to educate yourself on this subject.

Getting back on topic I think that Rubio is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A complete con telling people what they want to hear rather than what his real agenda would be if the GOP were to put him on the presidential ticket in 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you think that some of our jobs haven't been outsourced by the Democrats also you need a reality check. If you think that all the rich CEO's are Republicans you're wearing blinders.

Just because you haven't heard someone say that they couldn't get a job or had their job stolen by an illegal immigrant doesn't mean it isn't happening. Illegal immigrants are working all kinds of jobs that Americans used to do for a fair wage. You really need to educate yourself on this subject.

Getting back on topic I think that Rubio is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A complete con telling people what they want to hear rather than what his real agenda would be if the GOP were to put him on the presidential ticket in 2016.
i wonder what it would take to get the left to see the country in reality, especially the economy and big businesss...How many cars or parts of cars are produced outside our country? How many GE jobs have been shifted away from America, how many years have we been buying merchandise from Mexico, China, Japan and cetral America, plus the mid east..?? Do they really think all this was created by the GOP? Who allowed Nafta to become a reality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you think that some of our jobs haven't been outsourced by the Democrats also you need a reality check. If you think that all the rich CEO's are Republicans you're wearing blinders.

Just because you haven't heard someone say that they couldn't get a job or had their job stolen by an illegal immigrant doesn't mean it isn't happening. Illegal immigrants are working all kinds of jobs that Americans used to do for a fair wage. You really need to educate yourself on this subject.

Getting back on topic I think that Rubio is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A complete con telling people what they want to hear rather than what his real agenda would be if the GOP were to put him on the presidential ticket in 2016.
I'm not talking about the CEO's... I'm talking about who defend their actions or call people out for being jealous when they talk about stagnant wages while pointing out how much CEO's make today vs 20 years ago.

You specifically said teens can't get Mcjobs and that's simply not true. Illegals are in construction.. I'll give you that, but I blame those who hire them. We want cheap everything but get mad when we lose our jobs...

but yeah... back on topic, what would be the real agenda if Rubio is on the ticket?

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 12-06-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i wonder what it would take to get the left to see the country in reality, especially the economy and big businesss...How many cars or parts of cars are produced outside our country? How many GE jobs have been shifted away from America, how many years have we been buying merchandise from Mexico, China, Japan and cetral America, plus the mid east..?? Do they really think all this was created by the GOP? Who allowed Nafta to become a reality?
NAFTA negotiations started in 1986 and were finalized in 1994. Reagan, H W Bush and Clinton all helped to push it through.

It isn't a left or right thing it's a money thing... but anytime a group stand up and points the finger at big business who is there to defend them? The Grand Ole Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
NAFTA negotiations started in 1986 and were finalized in 1994. Reagan, H W Bush and Clinton all helped to push it through.

It isn't a left or right thing it's a money thing... but anytime a group stand up and points the finger at big business who is there to defend them? The Grand Ole Party.
I am very much aware NAFTA was in the making in for years, that is why I mentioned under Clinton it becamce a reality...My point; the business world has been global for decades and will remain that way...I have a gut feeling, if we reverted back to the good old days everyone whould be bitching about cost and the lack of availibilty of products. The GOP is just honest enough to defend big businesss, the other side would rather throw daggers than admit how they really feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i wonder what it would take to get the left to see the country in reality, especially the economy and big businesss...How many cars or parts of cars are produced outside our country? How many GE jobs have been shifted away from America, how many years have we been buying merchandise from Mexico, China, Japan and cetral America, plus the mid east..?? Do they really think all this was created by the GOP? Who allowed Nafta to become a reality?
Who knows. The left is hung up on the rich being evil people. While they fail to look at the rich Democrats also. You're right Nafta was signed by Bill Clinton....the Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I'm not talking about the CEO's... I'm talking about who defend their actions or call people out for being jealous when they talk about stagnant wages while pointing out how much CEO's make today vs 20 years ago.

You specifically said teens can't get Mcjobs and that's simply not true. Illegals are in construction.. I'll give you that, but I blame those who hire them. We want cheap everything but get mad when we lose our jobs...

but yeah... back on topic, what would be the real agenda if Rubio is on the ticket?
Again, all CEO's aren't Republicans. Wages have stagnated because of the availability of cheap, illegal labor. Both the employers and the illegal immigrants are guilty. Why would you only blame the employers? Illegal workers know they have no right to be here or to work here and are breaking the law just as much as the employers are. Non-hispanic teens have a problem getting fast food jobs especially in the west and southwest. Speak for yourself about wanting cheap goods. Sure we all like a bargain but those of us who know how much these cheap goods are really costing us know better.

As for Rubio I am not going elaborate but I know a snake when I see one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, all CEO's aren't Republicans. Wages have stagnated because of the availability of cheap, illegal labor. Both the employers and the illegal immigrants are guilty. Why would you only blame the employers? Illegal workers know they have no right to be here or to work here and are breaking the law just as much as the employers are. Non-hispanic teens have a problem getting fast food jobs especially in the west and southwest. Speak for yourself about wanting cheap goods. Sure we all like a bargain but those of us who know how much these cheap goods are really costing us know better.

As for Rubio I am not going elaborate but I know a snake when I see one.
..and AGAIN... I didn't say all CEO's are Republicans but when CEO's are defended its usually by republicans.

you complain about the rich who ship jobs overseas and take advantage of NAFTA then you turn around and say Dems think all rich people are evil. LOL... funny how that works.

I'm not giving illegals a pass but I put the bulk of the blame on those who hire them.

As far as cheap goods... let's keep it real. Walmart isn't getting rich off of me alone. The majority of Americans shop there for a reason and the majority of employers ship jobs overseas and buy products from overseas to sell here to increase profits. It would be lovely if it changed but the chances of that happening are slim.

I wish you would elaborate on Rubio.. do you have facts or is this a "not one of us" moment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top