U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM

32,392 posts, read 14,928,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Most decent sized manufacturers require work documentation, and take no chances. But to your point, for the few who hire illegals, I'd also rather have those jobs here, as their suppliers will likely also be US based. (They should be penalized of course when caught.)

If we send it offshore, those supplier jobs go offshore.
Oh gosh, well that makes my 10 negatives of keeping them here to your one positive pale in comparison, right? Many of the jobs these illegals are holding can't be outsourced anyway so yours is a moot point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,585,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh gosh, well that makes my 10 negatives of keeping them here to your one positive pale in comparison, right? Many of the jobs these illegals are holding can't be outsourced anyway so yours is a moot point.
Far more jobs can be outsourced than most realize.

BTW, the ratio of supply to mfg jobs is about 2.5 to 1. The best multiplier effect in America of any employment sector.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 AM

11,400 posts, read 8,984,783 times
Quote:
What good does it do to have them here when they are taking American jobs? You are forgetting that with them here our taxes are higher due to subsidizing their social costs also. Add uncontrolled population growth to that and you have a recipe for disaster. No, at least with outsourcing we Americans can have what jobs are left and we don't need to cover these invaders social costs and a smaller population would mean less demand on our natural resources, schools, hospitals, etc. Surely you can see the error of your thinking. Or are you another one with an agenda to fill this country up with mostly Mexicans.

It doesn't add up IMO. I think Americans would prefer millions of manufacturing jobs and a slightly higher tax over mcjobs without illegals.

I would never choose outsourcing over illegals.... that's crazy.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It doesn't add up IMO. I think Americans would prefer millions of manufacturing jobs and a slightly higher tax over mcjobs without illegals.

I would never choose outsourcing over illegals.... that's crazy.
No, what is crazy is you choosing having millions of illegal immigrants to remain here in spite of the far more negatives that it would be than outsourcing. Maybe you should go back and read the very expensive negative impact they are having on so many other things in our society. But if you have an agenda it won't mater to you anyway.

Manufacturing jobs are pretty much gone already. So now we are fighting over the scraps of jobs left that can't be oursourced such as landscaping, construction, public service jobs, retail, restaurant jobs, etc. These are the types of jobs that illegals are working and our blue collared worker American workers have always done.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
No, what is crazy is you choosing having millions of illegal immigrants to remain here in spite of the far more negatives that it would be than outsourcing. Maybe you should go back and read the very expensive negative impact they are having on so many other things in our society. But if you have an agenda it won't mater to you anyway.

Manufacturing jobs are pretty much gone already. So now we are fighting over the scraps of jobs left that can't be oursourced such as landscaping, construction, public service jobs, retail, restaurant jobs, etc. These are the types of jobs that illegals are working and our blue collared worker American workers have always done.
No.. I think there was some miscommunication.

When talking about outsourcing I meant before the run on outsourcing started in the 80's and early 90's since we were debating NAFTA, etc... It wouldn't make sense to choose outsourcing now because that ship has already sailed and jobs aren't being outsourced on a large scale these days.

As far as illegals go today... you do realize Obama's administration has doubled the deportation numbers?

Obama’s Record-High Deportations Draw Hispanic Scorn - ABC News

Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
No.. I think there was some miscommunication.

When talking about outsourcing I meant before the run on outsourcing started in the 80's and early 90's since we were debating NAFTA, etc... It wouldn't make sense to choose outsourcing now because that ship has already sailed and jobs aren't being outsourced on a large scale these days.

As far as illegals go today... you do realize Obama's administration has doubled the deportation numbers?

Obama’s Record-High Deportations Draw Hispanic Scorn - ABC News
And now for the truth and add to this the fact that Obama has stopped the workplace raids and instructed Homeland Security not to deport ANY illegal immigrants unless they have felony conviction on their record:

Smith: Administration Cooks the Books to Achieve Deportation Numbers

Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM

8,221 posts, read 11,020,492 times
and his biggest fan is Dick Cheney.... I wouldn't trust him if he were nominated Pope.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 AM

69,864 posts, read 80,330,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
and his biggest fan is Dick Cheney.... I wouldn't trust him if he were nominated Pope.
so he isn't trust worthy because Chaney is a fan of his: I don't know how Chaney being a fan has anything to do with a candidate, anymore than your following a certain person whould have any bareing on his/her ability to govern?

Old 12-08-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
And now for the truth and add to this the fact that Obama has stopped the workplace raids and instructed Homeland Security not to deport ANY illegal immigrants unless they have felony conviction on their record:

Smith: Administration Cooks the Books to Achieve Deportation Numbers
When you remove the ATEP numbers (37,000) they still have 360,000 on the books. W put this program in place in 2008 and used the same math Obama is using.

W gets credit as well but you and others act like Obama isn't doing anything to combat illegal immigration.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
When you remove the ATEP numbers (37,000) they still have 360,000 on the books. W put this program in place in 2008 and used the same math Obama is using.

W gets credit as well but you and others act like Obama isn't doing anything to combat illegal immigration.
I never said that. He has added additional border guards for one thing but as long as there are incentives for them to come here they will find a way. The fact remains though that his so-called high deportation numbers were skewered. Also, he is only deporting serious criminals the rest he has a hands off approach with. He also gave 1.8 million of them a stay of deporatation with work permits. Whatever he has done to combat illegal immigration pales in comparison to what he is doing to help them remain here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or