U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,467,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
token latino??? that's a racist comment for sure

why are the fascist liberals so intolerent....is it just their nature...or something else
I'm sure most here realized what the poster is indicating correctly is simply having a nominee of a specific ethnic persuasion with the same 2012 platform will not improve the notoriously low GOP performance amongst Latinos overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM

31,804 posts, read 14,647,757 times
The GOP has showed racism against Latinos? WTH is that all about?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 AM

69,422 posts, read 79,637,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Oh come on!!!!!!! The story Rubio has given about his parents fleeing Cuba to get away fron Castro is very well known. I think but I'm not sure about this, I'd have to look it up but Rubio might even written about it. It turned out to be a complete fable. His parents left Cuba before the revolution.

With Ryan, He is on record as taking credit for some really good time he acchieved running a marathon. When the facts were checked it was found out that it was not him at all but his brother who ran that race. He even admitted to it.

People who create a false narrative about themselves are pathetic. They always have huge inferiour complexes and the ones that I have met are usually quite delusional about many things and they are always big hippocrites.
Marathon, you are right, but what a silly little thing to even mention (either way I might add) as for Rubio, hs parents did leave to escape, they saw what was about to happen and got out before the full revolution. Now, it is your turn to do some research and not spin things. o;pinWhat about Obama and being raised poor? Would you like to discuss that, or should we just let this go tit for tat???

Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM

11,366 posts, read 8,899,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, and in 2008 the day after the election we were told the GOP was dead, until along came 2010. This has been the story, after every election where one side has done better that expected. I have seen it for 50 years. I am not sure what your point is or was?
People don't care about mid term elections as much...

Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM

69,422 posts, read 79,637,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
People don't care about mid term elections as much...
No it isn't they don't care, the only difference, we are not voting for President. If you really believe 2010 didn't say something I think you are living with GOP is dead and what about the house remaining Republican which rarely happens. Normally, the party who wins the White house wins the other houses. In fact the senate would have gone to the Republicans if it wasn't for a couple or really jerky, big mouth candidates that could have won had the shut up....People supported Obama for a couple of reasons, yes, his pandering, his skin color and the GOP had a candidate that could not excite the middle class, plus he was the sitting President. How many have lost in the past 50 years?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM

4,414 posts, read 3,227,923 times
Quote:
No it isn't they don't care, the only difference, we are not voting for President. If you really believe 2010 didn't say something I think you are living with GOP is dead and what about the house remaining Republican which rarely happens. Normally, the party who wins the White house wins the other houses. In fact the senate would have gone to the Republicans if it wasn't for a couple or really jerky, big mouth candidates that could have won had the shut up....People supported Obama for a couple of reasons, yes, his pandering, his skin color and the GOP had a candidate that could not excite the middle class, plus he was the sitting President. How many have lost in the past 50 years?
Yes, if only those jerky, big mouth candidates hadn't have told the voters their actual views on subjects. If only they hadn't articulated stances that are in the Republican Party Platform. If only we hadn't openly displayed our disdain for our fellow countrymen. If only, because it was not our fault.

The Party of Personal Responsibility strikes again!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM

6,247 posts, read 3,114,081 times
Lol... race is not the solution. It's the party's platform. If you platform is unappealing and you try to sway votes by using a minority, all you've done is ruined that minority's credibility and painted him as a sellout.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... race is not the solution. It's the party's platform. If you platform is unappealing and you try to sway votes by using a minority, all you've done is ruined that minority's credibility and painted him as a sellout.
bingo... the real problem is the doom and gloom. It's all they have and the only time they get excited is when they are telling jokes about the POTUS or talking about poverty and minorities

Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I keep hearing this but I don't think it's true. I think it has more to do with who had gains the previous term... if Dems had gains the last 2 cycles.. the chains of even more gains wasn't likely.

Truman, Reagan, Clinton.. all watched their parties lose seats during their first term and each won re-election.

When I say people don't care all you have to do is look at voting stats... they are low for midterms and usually the party who lost the presidential election has more enthusiasm at the polls and comes out in bigger numbers.

Go out and ask 20 Obama supporters if they voted in 2010 and plan to vote in 2014...

Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,157,328 times
Quote:
Marathon, you are right, but what a silly little thing to even mention (either way I might add) as for Rubio, hs parents did leave to escape, they saw what was about to happen and got out before the full revolution. Now, it is your turn to do some research and not spin things. o;pinWhat about Obama and being raised poor? Would you like to discuss that, or should we just let this go tit for tat???
Complete BS. He made up a story to pander to those he needed to get what he wanted. There was a time in the USA when honour actually counted for something. A person who makes up a story about their life in order to sell themselves to someone has NO HONOUR. None at all. If they went to a school that had a honour policy they would be expelled. The GOP has enough problems without a leader like that. If you can't trust a person with the basic facts about themselves, what could you trust them with???? To you it's a silly little thing, to me personal honesty is extremely important. Many years ago I had a very good employee that worked for me. He made me lots of money. Now this guy used to tell folks that he fought in the war in Vietnam. I knew he did no such thing and the first time I heard about this lie I told him. One chance Grant, I'm giving you this one chance. If I hear about you telling this story to anyone ever again you will be fired. Well , you know how liars are and sure enough I had to fire him. Do you have any idea at all how disrespectful this lie is to the people who lost so much by that war? It's frigging low and I can't stand that kind of decit.

Do you have any idea at all about how many people lost everything fleeing Castro? Husbands, wives, posessions, health. You name it they lost it. Now, to me, this turkey claiming he was one of them is just as bad as Grant and his serving in Vietnam. It's just frigging low as an earthworm's belly and I have zero respect for anyone who could stoop so low.

So, to you it's a silly little thing but to me honour is priceless. It's the one thing we pocess that can not be taken from us. This priceless pocession we have, to be given up for a few votes is just pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or