U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,308,226 times
Reputation: 5906

Advertisements

Now that the GOP finally got the memo re: minorities, they're suddenly desperate to appear "inclusive" (...lol)! But they're also just so clueless about it, that imagining a guy like Rubio is gonna be their ''Great Brown Hope'' will only come off as looking patronizing... which is something minority folks have very keen antennae for!

Go Rubio, go...!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,514,885 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Now that the GOP finally got the memo re: minorities, they're suddenly desperate to appear "inclusive" (...lol)! But they're also just so clueless about it, that imagining a guy like Rubio is gonna be their ''Great Brown Hope'' will only come off as looking patronizing...
You mean having all 20 Committee GOP leaders be white males discredits that? Imagine that?

Newt even was sneering at that in an interview last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 PM
 
31,972 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Reputation: 8531
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Now that the GOP finally got the memo re: minorities, they're suddenly desperate to appear "inclusive" (...lol)! But they're also just so clueless about it, that imagining a guy like Rubio is gonna be their ''Great Brown Hope'' will only come off as looking patronizing... which is something minority folks have very keen antennae for!

Go Rubio, go...!!
So first minorities scream that the GOP is not inclusive of minorities but when they try to do that they are still demonized by saying they are being patronizing now? WTH?

As for me I don't trust any Hispanic politicians but I certainly don't feel the same way about black politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,514,885 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So first minorities scream that the GOP is not inclusive of minorities but when they try to do that they are still demonized by saying they are being patronizing now? WTH?
.
It has to be sincere efforts, indicating a true commitment to change. Not token gestures.

That was not too high a bar for 43 to go over. Why is it so difficult for the present GOP crop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM
 
31,972 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Reputation: 8531
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It has to be sincere efforts, indicating a true commitment to change. Not token gestures.

That was not too high a bar for 43 to go over. Why is it so difficult for the present GOP crop?
How do you know that it isn't a sincere effort? And by the way, there are already minority politicians in the the GOP. It is minorities that won't embrace the GOP not the other way around because they disagree with the GOP on the issues. What are they supposed to do, turn into Democrats to please them? They we would only have one party to choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,308,226 times
Reputation: 5906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So first minorities scream that the GOP is not inclusive of minorities but when they try to do that they are still demonized by saying they are being patronizing now? WTH?

As for me I don't trust any Hispanic politicians but I certainly don't feel the same way about black politicians.
Nice use of irony!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,514,885 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How do you know that it isn't a sincere effort?.
They just announced all 20 Committee positions were filled by white men. Just a coincidence, of course!! Perhaps all others were self deported, and the binders full of women were unavailable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,514,885 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They we would only have one party to choose from.
For POTUS & Senate, only one party wins anyway. The GOP is no longer competitive for these races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
 
31,972 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Reputation: 8531
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
For POTUS & Senate, only one party wins anyway. The GOP is no longer competitive for these races.
One party wins but at least we have a choice between two. Liberalism has eaten away at the brains of many Americans today and that is why the GOP is finding it hard to compete. It's like a cancer in our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
 
31,972 posts, read 14,758,004 times
Reputation: 8531
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
They just announced all 20 Committee positions were filled by white men. Just a coincidence, of course!! Perhaps all others were self deported, and the binders full of women were unavailable.
Instead of "assuming" why don't you find out why that is so? Have you forgotten about Condolezza Rice, Herman Cain, Rubio and many others who have served in high office in the GOP or that are Republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top