Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Yes you're absolutely correct in your prediction. Just like your other correct prediction that Alan Grayson will lose in his return match last Nov. 6.
yep, you got me on that one: I am no gypsy with a crystal ball: I didn't think he would, I also didn't think Romney would be the nominee, but as for Rubio, what in my post do you see as a prediction of anything. Heck, if you paid a little more attention instead of spending time tearing others down. you would see where I am saying, it is way to early to even begin to know who will be the nomineee and what he/she will bring to the party, either party for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,414,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, you're correct but only by accident.

Yes, Rubio is a non-starter who will fail to deliver the votes of Hispanics, blacks and women.

The reason for this is that the recent transformation of the US political landscape is not based on race or gender but a candidate's willingness to pander.

Conservative Republicans, and especially those with Tea Party credentials, are pledged to treat all citizens equally, control spending and limit the federal government's involvement is the lives of the people.

Those conservative principles run counter to the desires of the recipient class and various groups that compete for special treatment under the law.

Regardless of any conservative's racial and/or religious pedigree, his or her ideology just won't sell in moochville America.
Actually was sorta curious how RWNJ's would eventually spin that one. So thank you for introducing the GOP's "new" narrative for explaining their current demographic predicament!

In other words, it's not that minority folks would simply dislike a party that so conspicuously dislikes them... it's that those same folks are basically just moochers who are being pandered to by Democrats! Yup, that kinda thinking (and a token minority or two) should really start turning things around now for the GOP...!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,533,171 times
You know, there is something very weird about a country that could even consider a guy like Rubio for high office. Outside of any policy or position there are other qualities that are essential in our leaders.

When a guy gets up and tells a complete lie about his life story, I'm sorry but that disqualifies that person from public office, or it for sure should. Here he has been telling and retelling that story about his family being refugees from Castro's Cuba and then we find out it's all complete BS. His family left Cuba while Batista was the dictator. I absolutely hate BS like that. Once I catch a person lying to me like that I don't even want to hear anything else they have to say.

Paul Ryan is the same type. Can you even imagine claiming you performed some feat and then having to admit that it wasn't even you but your brother who ran this marathon. I have to wonder WTF is wrong with these azzhats?????

Old 11-24-2012, 12:34 PM

665 posts, read 1,241,047 times
actualy study show even if romney won the Latino votes in key swing states. They still would have lost the election.
Obama has put a death nail in the GOP nationally. Its ironic the republicans freed the slaves,and the first black president
did in their party.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,771,450 times
Cubans would flock

OK give FL to the Republicans and we go from there

Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,771,450 times
Yeah I heard the same stuff when we put W in office for the 2nd time. Pubs gloated and declared the democratic party dead
blah blah blah

If you dont think we cant get Rove up in there to swift boat another sKerry you are wrong. Huessien will have this so funked up by the time the election comes along the GOP will win by default

Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,404,347 times
Quote:

Yes, Rubio is a non-starter who will fail to deliver the votes of Hispanics, blacks and women.

The reason for this is that the recent transformation of the US political landscape is not based on race or gender but a candidate's willingness to pander.

Conservative Republicans, and especially those with Tea Party credentials, are pledged to treat all citizens equally, control spending and limit the federal government's involvement is the lives of the people.

Those conservative principles run counter to the desires of the recipient class and various groups that compete for special treatment under the law.

Regardless of any conservative's racial and/or religious pedigree, his or her ideology just won't sell in moochville America.
The Republicans' willingness to pander to big business and the extremely wealthy - is well known. They are like slobbering, faithful dogs when it comes to pandering to those two groups. Unfortunately, there are not enough of them to win the vote. So - that group of moochers ain't gonna help ya.

Back to the drawing board Pubs. Maybe Grover can pull a few more rich votes out of his . . pocket.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,463,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If think somebody is in "Moochville" simply because they voted for the Democratic Party you'll never be able to sway a significant number of voters.

Plenty of people who aren't in "Moochvile" voted for the Democratic Party. There happen to be a considerable number of Americans who are relatively financially stable or affluent who don't live their lives by the credo: "I've got mine and if you don't have yours then f**K you!"

Sorry but in order buy into current Conservative logic you have to believe in "legitimate rape", the earth is 6,000 years old, by against same-sex marriage, a woman should have no choice when it comes to an abortion or helping out Americans that have been devastated by the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression is wrong.
Well said.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,827,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The Republicans' willingness to pander to big business and the extremely wealthy - is well known. They are like slobbering, faithful dogs when it comes to pandering to those two groups. Unfortunately, there are not enough of them to win the vote. So - that group of moochers ain't gonna help ya.

Back to the drawing board Pubs. Maybe Grover can pull a few more rich votes out of his . . pocket.
Yep. The GOP would do well to take a look at the exit polling that showed that 53 percent of voters believed that Romney would favor the rich and only 34 percent thought his policies would do more for middle-class America. The electorate wasn't fooled about who the Republicans represent, and it isn't the average American.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM

62,541 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:

Correct and it won't sell with ethnocentric, racist Hispanics either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections