U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM
 
2,004 posts, read 1,270,548 times
Reputation: 1099

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
So how do you explain nearly 100% of African Americans voting for Obama?
It's mostly because of prominent republicans insisting that black people are lazy and stupid. Next question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
19,374 posts, read 13,036,682 times
Reputation: 14082
The Democratic party is the party of hope. In hard times, people want to have hope for a better day, not anger and negativity. Moms hope their children will have a better day. Poor folks hope for a better day.

Reagan sold hope, but his party likes the taste of rage better now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,476 posts, read 7,561,264 times
Reputation: 12148
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq8163 View Post
we dont depise you. we have no problems with people coming over here legally and trying to make a better life for theirselves. but when people come over here illegally and coming here and get food and housing and free health care , we the taxs payers have to have ours taxes raise to pay for your care.
Posters like the one you're replying to don't differentiate between people like you (who simply want them to do things the legal way) and hard core bigots. In their book you're all the same unless you support 100% unlimited amnesty for all and permanent open borders. Many, if not most, Hispanics that are legal U.S. residents take it as a personal affront if you are not for this. There is no middle ground as far as many of them are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 AM
 
31,596 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Reputation: 8421
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Posters like the one you're replying to don't differentiate between people like you (who simply want them to do things the legal way) and hard core bigots. In their book you're all the same unless you support 100% unlimited amnesty for all and permanent open borders. Many, if not most, Hispanics that are legal U.S. residents take it as a personal affront if you are not for this. There is no middle ground as far as many of them are concerned.
You got that right! Far too many Hispanics think you are a bigot if you want our immigration laws enforced and respected. Yet they don't see their own racism in their view that their ethnic group should get a pass on our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them. That is some screwed up, backa** ward thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,476 posts, read 7,561,264 times
Reputation: 12148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You got that right! Far too many Hispanics think you are a bigot if you want our immigration laws enforced and respected. Yet they don't see their own racism in their view that their ethnic group should get a pass on our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them. That is some screwed up, backa** ward thinking.
Welcome to the new liberal la-la land where race issues completely trump any issues related to morals and/or ethics. Most Hispanics are very conservative in values, very pro family, as well as have negative views on both same sex marriage and abortion. Yet, over 90% voted for the party that alligns opposite to these values, and then they demand that the president immediately focus on the immigration issue because they singlehandedly got him reelected. And it's only going to get more dire of a situation for the GOP since Hispanics are the fastest growing voting bloc in the U.S. If Obama opens the floodgates, the Republican party will never see the OO again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,800,672 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Welcome to the new liberal la-la land where race issues completely trump any issues related to morals and/or ethics. Most Hispanics are very conservative in values, very pro family, as well as have negative views on both same sex marriage and abortion. Yet, over 90% voted for the party that alligns opposite to these values, and then they demand that the president immediately focus on the immigration issue because they singlehandedly got him reelected. And it's only going to get more dire of a situation for the GOP since Hispanics are the fastest growing voting bloc in the U.S. If Obama opens the floodgates, the Republican party will never see the OO again.
Hispanics are smart enough not to vote for a party that openly blames them for many of the problems in the USA. I didn't vote for the Democratic party this election, but I sure as hell would not vote for the GOP. I'd write in a candidate before I vote for the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,476 posts, read 7,561,264 times
Reputation: 12148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Hispanics are smart enough not to vote for a party that openly blames them for many of the problems in the USA. I didn't vote for the Democratic party this election, but I sure as hell would not vote for the GOP. I'd write in a candidate before I vote for the GOP.
I commend you wholeheartedly for that. I agree that a third party candidate was a far better choice than the two boneheads that were up there. Sadly, most of the Hispanics in America did not follow your lead.

I just don't understand why Hispanics believe that conservatives are trying to blame them for the majority of the problems in the U.S. I think this is quite a reach. We just don't support the illegal invaders that are making their existance in this country a regular thing, nor do we appreciate the pandering by liberals. Mexico loves the United States. We are a laughingstock to their elite. They're getting rid of their underclass, and in return are receiving billions of dollars earned under the table sent back every year to support their economy. Their middle class is growing while ours is rapidly shrinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 PM
 
31,596 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Reputation: 8421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Hispanics are smart enough not to vote for a party that openly blames them for many of the problems in the USA. I didn't vote for the Democratic party this election, but I sure as hell would not vote for the GOP. I'd write in a candidate before I vote for the GOP.
Please explain how the GOP blames Hispanic-Americans for the many problems of the USA. You can't because that is a bald-faced lie! Blurring the lines between legal and illegal are we? Illegal immigrants, Hispanic or not are a "part" of our problems and no one has said otherwise. Many Democrats are aware that illegal immigration is a problem also.

Ethnocentric, racist Hispanics who think their ethnic kind should be above our immigration laws are a "part" of our problems also but they aren't all that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 AM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,583 posts, read 11,777,209 times
Reputation: 15398
I think it is interesting to note that we Asian-Americans (in the interest of full disclosure, I am Eur-Asian American) voted for Obama and the Democrats in even higher percentages than the Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 AM
 
31,596 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Reputation: 8421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think it is interesting to note that we Asian-Americans (in the interest of full disclosure, I am Eur-Asian American) voted for Obama and the Democrats in even higher percentages than the Hispanics.
Well why did you even bother to vote? According to Hispanics they single handedly elected Obama and now he owes them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top