U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM

32,205 posts, read 14,876,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Where have influential Republicans called Hispanics invaders and criminals, please provide links. The fact is that illegals entering South of the Border are mostly Hispanic. Should Republicans or anyone for that matter look the other way because the illegals are mostly Hispanic and thus be avoided being condemned as bigots by people like you? An issue with real fiscal, social and economic impact should now be ignored because feelings are hurt. What a great way to run a country.
Excellent and truthful post, Edward. It will fall deaf on ethnocentric ears though. What is truly amazing is being called bigots/racists for wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced and yet those with ethnic ties to illegal immigrants and put them above our immigration laws are not? Maybe they need to look in the mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 PM

6,626 posts, read 7,636,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Lies and exaggerations do nothing to lend to your credibility Who is "they"? I have never heard anyone say they hate law abiding, respectful Hispanics whether they are in this country or Mexico. I have never heard anyone condemn the entire Hispanic-American community either. You full of it and you know it! Put your victim card back in your wallet.
Refer back again to Post #23. We are all just racist bigoted xenophobes and we all just need to get over our hatred for those pesky Hispanics.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM

15,795 posts, read 8,662,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I'm Hispanic and I have never voted for a Hispanic congressman, governor, or President. At the same time, I'd never vote for a party that openly despises me and my family. I'd never vote for Rubio or Cruz.
So what we have here is proof that the OP is wrong.

this poster votes on behalf of their ethnicity.

PS(I am not making any judgement on that)

Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM

15,795 posts, read 8,662,973 times
Quote:
When influential and rank and file Republicans calls Hispanics invaders and criminals who are hell bent on destroying the US, I assume they are including me and my family

since we are going way off topic, what do you do with Republicans who say we need to expand legal immagration specifically in Mexico and central/South America? (Because virtually all of them say this).

Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM

16,553 posts, read 11,153,625 times
Quote:
Diffiult to explain a lie. Clinton, Kerry, and Gore, received almost the same percentage of the African American vote as Obama, give or take a couple
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How do you explain the same percentages of blacks voting for Clinton, Gore, or Kerry?

And whites don't cast votes based on good information anymore than any other race. Plenty of whites vote based on racial lines.
Who was the African American running against them?

Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
since we are going way off topic, what do you do with Republicans who say we need to expand legal immagration specifically in Mexico and central/South America? (Because virtually all of them say this).
I think you are misquoting what was said. I believe it was Romney that said we need to increase trade and business opportunities with Mexico and other Latin American countries. Nothing was said about increasing immigration from those countries. Hispanic countries already have the highest numbers of legal immigrants into our country and we certainly don't need more immigrants with our economy in the tubes and job scarcity. What about immigrants from other countries are they less desirable than Hispanics? We need to diversify our immigration numbers not favor just one ethnic group.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 PM

2,548 posts, read 1,813,385 times
Quote:
Oh, give me a break! Don't pretend you have never heard of this. You have never heard of the "stolen land" argument or Aztlan? I am not saying that it is a rampant movement in our country but it alive and well among some. Stating the facts is not being paranoid or angry. It is those who won't admit the truth that are the angry ones when the truth doesn't fit their agenda.
The only time I hear about stolen land and Aztlan is from bigots who hate Hispanics (probably hate Blacks too). I'm Hispanic and I don't know one person who is into the reconquista movement. If you were to advocate reconquista at one of my family gatherings they would all attack and insult you.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
The only time I hear about stolen land and Aztlan is from bigots who hate Hispanics (probably hate Blacks too). I'm Hispanic and I don't know one person who is into the reconquista movement. If you were to advocate reconquista at one of my family gatherings they would all attack and insult you.
I don't care what you have heard or haven't heard in your cirlce of friends or family. If you are hearing it from non-hispanics it is based on the facts. Google it! There are a few organizations out there that adhere to the stolen land argument and Aztlan. Play dumb if you wish. Do you Hispanics always have to play the race/victim card? Grow up and admit the truth just for once. As I said I can even provide videos for you proving my claims.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 PM

2,548 posts, read 1,813,385 times
Quote:
I don't care what you have heard or haven't heard in your cirlce of friends or family. If you are hearing it from non-hispanics it is based on the facts. Google it! There are a few organizations out there that adhere to the stolen land argument and Aztlan. Play dumb if you wish. Do you Hispanics always have to play the race/victim card? Grow up and admit the truth just for once. As I said I can even provide videos for you proving my claims.
You're the one whining about another ethnic group who is racist. Whose playing the victim card??

Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 PM

7,475 posts, read 19,689,445 times
Quote:
I'm Hispanic and I have never voted for a Hispanic congressman, governor, or President. At the same time, I'd never vote for a party that openly despises me and my family. I'd never vote for Rubio or Cruz.
Clueless knows no ethnicity.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections