Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Why do political analysts continue to spew the notion of electoral divide? We know Latinos aren't a monolithic and that gays can be conservatives. Women don't care as much about contraceptives or abortions as some make them out to do.
I'm sorry you need to take this up with Obama:

Most-Racial America - WSJ.com

Quote:
Then there's the email from the Obama campaign--yeah, they're still coming, though at a slower pace than before the election--inviting supporters to take a survey. Among the questions: "Which constituency groups do you identify yourself with? Select all that apply."
There are 22 boxes you can check off. Some are ideological ("Environmentalists" and perhaps "Labor"), some occupational ("Educators," "Healthcare professionals"), some regional ("Americans abroad," "Rural Americans"). There's a box for "Women" but none for men, though there's a separate "Gender" question, which hilariously has three options: "Male," "Female" and "Other/no answer." Touré will no doubt soon inveigh against the "otherization" of the Gender No. 3.
What caught our attention were the ethnic categories: "African Americans," "Arab-Americans," "Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders," Jewish Americans," "Latinos" and "Native Americans" (the last, of course, refers to American Indians, not natural-born citizens).
Blacks support Obama and the Dems to the tune of 95%+ they are about as monolithic as statistically possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Diffiult to explain a lie. Clinton, Kerry, and Gore, received almost the same percentage of the African American vote as Obama, give or take a couple
So Blacks monolithically support Dems but turnout in record numbers for Black Dems. Arguing semantics.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
When influential and rank and file Republicans calls Hispanics invaders and criminals who are hell bent on destroying the US, I assume they are including me and my family
Where have influential Republicans called Hispanics invaders and criminals, please provide links. The fact is that illegals entering South of the Border are mostly Hispanic. Should Republicans or anyone for that matter look the other way because the illegals are mostly Hispanic and thus be avoided being condemned as bigots by people like you? An issue with real fiscal, social and economic impact should now be ignored because feelings are hurt. What a great way to run a country.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
People vote based on their own interests, and their own interests alone. People complain about this nation "being divided". I say WHEN HAVE WE NOT BEEN DIVIDED? We have always been a divided nation. Why else did the Civil War happen? The difference now is that more women, Blacks, Latinos, and Asians have their say in the political process.

Have you asked yourself why people vote based on what their interests are?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sorry you need to take this up with Obama:

Most-Racial America - WSJ.com

Blacks support Obama and the Dems to the tune of 95%+ they are about as monolithic as statistically possible.
I've explained this to you before, and you haven't listened. Go look up the Southern Strategy. Blacks(the few Blacks that could vote) often voted Republican for a long time. Sure, there were more and more Blacks voting Democrat, mainly because of Truman and FDR. However, you should ask yourself "when did Blacks STOP voting Republican"? That happened when a Republican candidate started appealing to the racist elements of the southern population. I've said this before, and few people acknowledge it.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People vote based on their own interests, and their own interests alone. People complain about this nation "being divided". I say WHEN HAVE WE NOT BEEN DIVIDED? We have always been a divided nation. Why else did the Civil War happen? The difference now is that more women, Blacks, Latinos, and Asians have their say in the political process.

Have you asked yourself why people vote based on what their interests are?
Is it right for Hispanic-Americans to put their ethnic group above our immigration laws and blackmail our politicians into caving in to them for their votes? I understand that we all have issues that we are adamant about but what other issues involve demanding that our politicians thumb their noses at our laws by a certain group?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq8163 View Post
we dont depise you. we have no problems with people coming over here legally and trying to make a better life for theirselves. but when people come over here illegally and coming here and get food and housing and free health care , we the taxs payers have to have ours taxes raise to pay for your care. How about we go to mexico illegally and try to get food, housing and free health care?? how about me voting when i am not a citzen of that country? dont burn our flag!!!!!!
First you say you don't despise Hispanics, then you immediately list all the things you find despicable in the same sentence.
I know a lot of Hispanics, mostly from Mexico. They are a community that has been here for decades. Few of them have ever sought or wanted all the freebies you mention, and you seem to think that those freebies are the only things Mexicans have moved north for. Making a better life for anyone does not mean gaining such a life does not have its failures and difficulties. Public services are for everyone, and anyone can need them at some time or other in their lives.

If you were in Mexico and suddenly developed an illness, you would receive medical help. Mexico has a national health care system.

So, the real question is, susie: Do you have problems with Hispanics living among us or not? It seems you do. Big problems.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
First you say you don't despise Hispanics, then you immediately list all the things you find despicable in the same sentence.
I know a lot of Hispanics, mostly from Mexico. They are a community that has been here for decades. Few of them have ever sought or wanted all the freebies you mention, and you seem to think that those freebies are the only things Mexicans have moved north for. Making a better life for anyone does not mean gaining such a life does not have its failures and difficulties. Public services are for everyone, and anyone can need them at some time or other in their lives.

If you were in Mexico and suddenly developed an illness, you would receive medical help. Mexico has a national health care system.

So, the real question is, susie: Do you have problems with Hispanics living among us or not? It seems you do. Big problems.
I don't think anyone has a problem with Hispanics that come here legally and don't put their ethnic brethern above our immigration laws but assimilate to our country and respect our laws.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
[quote=banjomike;27107533]
Quote:
We know that you know exactly what she meant.

Quote:
I know a lot of Hispanics, mostly from Mexico. They are a community that has been here for decades. Few of them have ever sought or wanted all the freebies you mention, and you seem to think that those freebies are the only things Mexicans have moved north for.
Are they here legally or illegally? We're only discussing the latter, but I'm sure you know that. If they are here illegally, their time in this country doesn't make their being here any less illegal, nor does their behavior speak for millions of other illegals that bed down in this country every night.

Quote:
Did you really go there? You're essentially comparing an American on vacation in Mexico getting sick or injured with an illegal alien that resides in the states seeking medical care. Wow! Talk about spin!

Quote:
So, the real question is, susie: Do you have problems with Hispanics living among us or not? It seems you do. Big problems
Once again, the typical liberal deflection and attack. The usual blurring of the lines between legal Hispanic residents and illegal Hispanic criminals, along with the notion that everybody who doesn't agree is a xenophobic bigot. It's what we've come to expect from you guys.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Of course they do, and it's not just Hispanics in the US, they hate Hispanics in Mexico just as much as they hate Hispanics here. They claim they are only against illegal immigrants yet proceed to condemn the enitre Hispanic American community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections