U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,780,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yeah, let's get those bone cancer patients out to work, and the brain-damaged accident victims! Those lazy bums, get them off welfare and get them working! What really irks me is how the lowlifes with muscular dystrophy or multiple sclerosis get a free ride with tax money STOLEN from the wealthy!
were they employed, because i seem to recall writing people on unemployment?

who needs tax money from the wealthy with keynesian economics? WE HAVE PRINTING PRESSES AND THE BERNANKE!!!

the government will provide-and isn't that what they tell us?

so do it.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,820,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Back in my grand daddy's day, they called "multiple sclerosis" the same thing they always called it: the shakes. And it was a character flaw. It worked fine for centuries, and then science came along and said it was some sort of new-ro-logical order or some other horse apples...
Wow, so if a doctor diagnoses a patient it isn't true, and those brain damaged accident victims are just pretending to be comatose, because yer grandpappy knew better! All those years of training for nothing! And you know more than those gol-durn doctors anyway.

I hope that you get a painful, terminal disease some day. And then I want you to come back here and apologize to all the disabled for what you've said.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
were they employed, because i seem to recall writing people on unemployment?

who needs tax money from the wealthy with keynesian economics? WE HAVE PRINTING PRESSES AND THE BERNANKE!!!

the government will provide-and isn't that what they tell us?

so do it.
Lots of young ones have never had a chance to work, such as the profoundly retarded. But that's ok by you, since they can die out on the streets for all you care.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,780,036 times
Quote:
Lots of young ones have never had a chance to work, such as the profoundly retarded. But that's ok by you, since they can die out on the streets for all you care.
maybe i need to type slower or in caps, or you have a reading comprehension problem.

I SAID LET THE GOVERNMENT PROVIDE JOBS.

then they can work.

let's not just have trickle down keynesianism-let everybody benefit.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,801,195 times
Quote:
Wow, so if a doctor diagnoses a patient it isn't true, and those brain damaged accident victims are just pretending to be comatose, because yer grandpappy knew better! All those years of training for nothing! And you know more than those gol-durn doctors anyway.
No, it ain't true! Grandpappy was a man of the cloth and he ministered on people who had the shakes or were just too lazy to get out of bed and do stuff like go to the bathroom or move food to their mouths, telling satan to leave their bodies and stop following the primrose path to hell.

I'll have you know that I am educated; I'm certified to drive a forklift in three states: Alabama, Oklahoma, and East Virginia. Between talking with Purvis and Earl on the loading dock and the wisdom grandpappy passed onto me, I know more than some elitist "doctor" that wasted twelve years at a university learning to be a communist and a welfare mooch.

I'm trying to save your soul. Turn before it's too late. God in all his eternal love is all about accountability. Accountability and punishment. Don't give him a reason to punish you.

Quote:
I hope that you get a painful, terminal disease some day. And then I want you to come back here and apologize to all the disabled for what you've said.
Sometimes if I sleep on my stomach at night, the devil takes over my body and I start to shake and convulse, but I'm strong and I say, "No satan! Go away, evil satan! Leave my body be!" and he leaves me by the grace of God. If I can do it, then so can some Miss-Shakey-Pants

Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM

Lol. I took a few minutes to calm down, and then I realized what should have been obvious.

Once when I was a child in maybe the 4th grade, there was a group of kids in front of me acting very stupidly and laughing at me. I said, "Shut up you r*tards!" Then a teacher pulled me aside and started yelling at me ...... it turned out that they actually WERE ......

Well, I don't think that's the case for most conservatives, but some of them are definitely kind of borderline. I'm sure there are borderline liberals too.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
maybe i need to type slower or in caps, or you have a reading comprehension problem.

I SAID LET THE GOVERNMENT PROVIDE JOBS.

then they can work.

let's not just have trickle down keynesianism-let everybody benefit.
I guess I still don't understand .... you're saying to let the govt provide jobs to the people who have 100% disability? How can they work at the jobs if they are completely disabled?

Old 12-15-2012, 10:53 PM

11,457 posts, read 12,358,688 times
It sure was great seeing the GOP getting their arses handed to them. Thanks but no thanks losers!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:49 PM

9,229 posts, read 5,392,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It sure was great seeing the GOP getting their arses handed to them. Thanks but no thanks losers!

Enjoy your lame duck president. BTW is your Senate ever going to do their job and pass a budget?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM

19,379 posts, read 13,045,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
clearly America doesnt support the republican platform. That does not mean the republican platform is wrong.
Purity doesn't count for much if a party can't win elections.
The Republicans of the past were different than they are now, and so are the Democrats. The nation has been center-right for the past 20 years, but the center is shifting toward the left now. While the duration of the swing is unpredictable, it could last for 20 years, just as the last one did.

Issues and attitudes always swing back and forth as our society changes. Nothing ever stays static for very long now, and this is a new century. Clinging to the stuff that worked in the last century will not last much longer, as big changes now occur at an ever faster rate. The result of this fast change is simple: The party that fails to accommodate and adapt to these changes will lose.

That does not mean conservative principles have to be abandoned, but it does mean that conservatives must accept the realities of the changes. Wishing for a return to the past simply sets a losing outcome as a given. Once people change, they don't go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or