U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
1,290 posts, read 1,701,573 times
Reputation: 806

Advertisements

Since he got destroyed in the election Mitt has nothing to lose now. Can we, the lower class folks, finally get to see your tax returns? 14%? 13%? What is it? Paying so low for someone making millions of dollars is great isn't it? Mitt is just like the rest of us, making $50k or lower and paying 20%+.

Here comes the birthers in 3,2,1...

Obama's high school transcripts blah blah blah...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM
 
39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
Reputation: 12146
Romney has nothing to lose, but more importantly, nothing to gain, by releasing his tax records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,695 posts, read 7,350,890 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Since he got destroyed in the election Mitt has nothing to lose now. Can we, the lower class folks, finally get to see your tax returns? 14%? 13%? What is it? Paying so low for someone making millions of dollars is great isn't it? Mitt is just like the rest of us, making $50k or lower and paying 20%+.

Here comes the birthers in 3,2,1...

Obama's high school transcripts blah blah blah...
Out of curiosity, what is your effective tax rate? Considering that the majority of Americans pay an effective tax rate of under 11%, I'm willing to bet that your effective tax rate was less than Romney's, which puts the whole "fair share" argument out to pasture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
1,290 posts, read 1,701,573 times
Reputation: 806
If his tax rate was indeed within reason then he had plenty to gain for the election. It would show that he paid his fair share.

But since he chose not to release it, his taxes obviously is at a much lower rate than your average American. We can assume that now right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
 
15,734 posts, read 8,543,819 times
Reputation: 6206
uhm. Mitt is in the rear view mirror. only a partisian hack wants to kick a dead horse.

move on .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,382 posts, read 7,476,617 times
Reputation: 6624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Since he got destroyed in the election Mitt has nothing to lose now. Can we, the lower class folks, finally get to see your tax returns? 14%? 13%? What is it? Paying so low for someone making millions of dollars is great isn't it? Mitt is just like the rest of us, making $50k or lower and paying 20%+.

Here comes the birthers in 3,2,1...

Obama's high school transcripts blah blah blah...
What is the point of this thread? Are you a bash addict and you needed a fix?

You pay 20% on income, he pays taxes on capital gains. You do know there is a difference, right? BTW, I know it matters little to you, but he also donates 20% on top of taxes.

Here comes the Mormon bashing in 3,2,1...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
1,290 posts, read 1,701,573 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Out of curiosity, what is your effective tax rate? Considering that the majority of Americans pay an effective tax rate of under 11%, I'm willing to bet that your effective tax rate was less than Romney's, which puts the whole "fair share" argument out to pasture.
I make way less than Mitt and pay more than 14%. I was not running for the president either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 PM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,204,224 times
Reputation: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
I make way less than Mitt and pay more than 14%. I was not running for the president either.
I doubt you know what your etr is. And if you are paying much more then that in Federal Income taxes then you need to go to H&R Block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
1,290 posts, read 1,701,573 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
What is the point of this thread? Are you a bash addict and you needed a fix?

You pay 20% on income, he pays taxes on capital gains. You do know there is a difference, right? BTW, I know it matters little to you, but he also donates 20% on top of taxes.

Here comes the Mormon bashing in 3,2,1...
You ain't curious? He was only trying to win the most powerful job in America after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,382 posts, read 7,476,617 times
Reputation: 6624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
You ain't curious? He was only trying to win the most powerful job in America after all.
You are beating a dead horse. I'm more curious about your motivation than his taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top