U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 AM

14,059 posts, read 9,787,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Condoleeza Rice has never shown any interest in elective office.

Although it would certainly be interesting watching a pro-choice woman who has never been elected to anything try to win the GOP nomination. Even were she interested, she is probably aware that those things alone are probably insurmountable impendiments (among other things politically problematic about Rice).
A black, pro-choice, conservative woman, whose sexuality has questioned as the Republican nominee? Now that would make for some very interesting politics!

I'd vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 AM

755 posts, read 611,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
A black, pro-choice, conservative woman, whose sexuality has questioned as the Republican nominee? Now that would make for some very interesting politics!

I'd vote for her.
Yeah, the fact that she has never been married does seem to cause whispers.

Hard to tell whether that's just people who can't believe that everyone isn't driven to be married, or an insistence on reading everything that isn't conventional and mainstream as '*****'.

The fact that she has never held elective office seems more of an impediment. We haven't had such a nominee since Eisenhower, and being the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe was a little more impressive than being foreign policy guru for a deeply unpopular administration that invaded a country for vacuous reasons. Before Ike, one has to go back to 1940 to find another such nominee in Wendell Wilkie who, of course, lost. Going back even further, there was Herbert Hoover -- a comparison no politician seeks.

All modern nominees are Governors or have served in Congress.

And, yeah, the pro-choice thing -- that's an immediate disqualifier.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 AM

27,611 posts, read 24,793,924 times
2016 is the year of Hillary.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM

10,115 posts, read 6,730,157 times
Unless Hillary decides not to run, and unless the R party base goes bat poop crazy and goes for a radical, I think it's going to be a Hillary vs. Jeb race in 2016. Both have baggage from their families. Jeb is the way more moderate, common sense, super smart Bush who should have run instead of Dubya in 2000. I know some of you think that a Bush can't win, but you'll have two political dynasty families running against each other, and the republican will be moderate enough that he could pull a chunk of the middle away from Hillary. Unlike Romney, Jeb is charismatic and consistent in his policy--I could see him telling it like it is to the base, and I don't think you'll have a flip flop problem from him. He already has a strong track record with Hispanic/Latino voters. It would be a tight race, and I'm not going to attempt to speculate on a winner.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:17 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,050,921 times
hahaha that would be awesome. Please run Jeb Bush. Even funnier that any Republican thinks this is a good idea.

The Bush name is toxic. Did you see the exit polls this election?? Most people still fault Bush for the poor economy (and rightly so)....so its unlikely they'd be forgiving next election cycle.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,701,815 times
The GOP base would find Jeb to be "too" moderate, just like Mitt. As soon as a reasonable moderate Repub gets the nomination the hardcore conservative base is going to force their extreme ideals onto anyone or Jeb and the rest will be history. Mitt was a moderate out of the state of Mass and he became a flip flopping conservative extremist.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM

9,312 posts, read 5,583,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
The GOP base would find Jeb to be "too" moderate, just like Mitt. As soon as a reasonable moderate Repub gets the nomination the hardcore conservative base is going to force their extreme ideals onto anyone or Jeb and the rest will be history. Mitt was a moderate out of the state of Mass and he became a flip flopping conservative extremist.
This, plus the fact that the right sped away from W so fast they left skid marks. I think the Bush name is even more toxic to the right than it is to the left, if that's possible.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM

6,056 posts, read 7,956,243 times
I think we need some fresh faces and new ideas in 2016.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM

69,275 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Although Jeb is much more accomplished than his brother It would continue to prove how out of touch the Republican party is.
What are you talking about? Nowhere has anyone said the Repbulican party is suggesting he run, the information says he is thinking of running, that is a huge difference...My guess, right now the Republican party isn't suggesint anyone run. My God, the primary season doesn't start for 3 more years, thank God.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,371,598 times
We do not need another Bush in there...People always say they will move out of the country if such and such is elected but I swear if that moron,Santorum or Clinton are elected I am gone..selling everything move to Iceland or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or