U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM

69,335 posts, read 79,526,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
My dream ticket is Andrew Cuomo/Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean/Hillary, or Andrew Cuomo/Russ Feingold.

If Jeb, Jindal, or Marco Rubio are the GOP nominees, they will lose. Chris Christie is the only Republican that can win in 2016.
you can't be serious!!! Feingold on a ticket would not help one bit I don't think and cetainly anyone could beat Dean....You are suggesting the Democrats do exactly what has killed the Republicans the past 30 years: nominate re-runs....Both parties need to generate new blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM

32,575 posts, read 17,670,639 times
Default Jeb Bush said to be considering 2016 run

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They do need some bushes in the front of the White house.

Note to GOP pooh-bahs...

PLEASE make Bush/Santorum your 2016 ticket.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:40 AM

10,577 posts, read 6,832,316 times
Though he may not pull the trigger in the end, it is apparent that Bush is seriously considering it. He is clearly getting all the pieces in place for a run.

Is Jeb Bush gearing up for 2016? - The Week

Quote:
Bush has insisted that he’s not going to think about running for president until the middle of next year, but his busy travel schedule and his anti-ObamaCare talking points suggest that he is already laying the groundwork for the primaries. Last week, he was also in New York to speak at a conference hosted by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, where he slammed the Affordable Care Act and predicted it would eventually crumple.

In early November, Bush trekked to Wisconsin, where he also told reporters he doesn’t think ObamaCare will work. "If the objective is, don't worry about the budget, we'll just finance it the same way we're financing our deficits right now, build a bigger debt, you could see this thing surviving," he said. "But it will have failed what the promises were. It will have failed the American people. And I don't think it will bend the cost curve."

Bush has long been a favorite of establishment Republicans and deep-pocketed GOP donors who urged him to run for the White House in 2012. He is seen as a strong voice advocating for a humane approach to immigration reform — a stance that puts him at odds with large swaths of the conservative electorate, but ultimately helps him with one of the fastest-growing sectors of the American electorate: Latino voters.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,341,374 times
No more Bushes.
No more Clintons.
And for God's sake, NEVER another Obama.

It's time to flush the toilet we call Washington, D.C.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 AM

8,287 posts, read 5,845,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
No more Bushes.
No more Clintons.

Well, Jeb's son, George P. Bush, is running for Texas land commissioner. It's pretty common knowledge that this is just a stepladder to bigger things in public life, as per the Bush family playbook.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM

27,272 posts, read 15,058,088 times
Quote:
No more Bushes.
No more Clintons.

I actually agree with ntwrkguy on this one. We do not need a family dynasty running our country. No more Bushes; no more Clinton's. Obama won't be running again.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM

25,463 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Quote:
No more Bushes.
No more Clintons.

totally agree

Old 11-23-2013, 05:20 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,067,399 times
Jeb could come out and state a platform that completely aligns with mine and I still wouldn't vote for him.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:18 AM

27,864 posts, read 37,891,764 times
The Bush name is still toxic waste, without even taking on the dynasty issue. I would think that somewhere in the country there is a politician with Jeb Bush's moderate conservatism that does not have the Bush name.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 AM

69,335 posts, read 79,526,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Bush name is still toxic waste, without even taking on the dynasty issue. I would think that somewhere in the country there is a politician with Jeb Bush's moderate conservatism that does not have the Bush name.
You could be right, but don't be so sure. A lot of things and feelings are changing. I would support him, but would rather not have a repeat of any family right now. Not, Clinton, Kennedy, Bush or any other. it is totally time for new faces and ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or