U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 PM

70,400 posts, read 81,142,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i agree, but........ there is no denying that he once lead in the primary polls and a quick search of this forum will find an ample amount of people praising the possibility of "President The Donald".

one interesting side-note i came across yesterday was the claim that trump's kids tried to give him a "birther intervention":

Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka Trump advised The Donald*to cool it on Obama, insider says* - NY Daily News

it's from the gossip section so take it for what it's worth but........ it does make sense that the heirs to the trump brand would try and prevent that brand from going down in flames ( not to mention that no kid wants to see their dad making a douche-rocket out of himself ).

trump and his reps are denying the claim ( maybe then it was the "hawaiian investigators" that held the intervention ).
He did, but it was very short lived and more a novelty thing than anything else...I think every Republican candidate with the exception of Huntsman and Pawlenty led at one time for a short while. Oh no, Paul didn't either.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 AM

19,850 posts, read 9,455,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He did, but it was very short lived and more a novelty thing than anything else...
another interesting aspect from the election was the fact that nearly all the GOP candidates actively sought out trump's endorsement during the primaries. romney, gingrich, perry, cain and bachmann all met with trump to try and gain his approval.

i'll be curios to see if future contenders (of any party) will actively seek out trump's support.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM

33,433 posts, read 40,020,325 times
Lets hope Trump runs again in 2016,, he's so much fun..

Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 PM

11,515 posts, read 9,099,338 times
Trump is all about publicity and he's never seen a camera he didn't like.
When he plugged his upcoming season in an interview about running for office I knew it was all for the hype.

Donald is good friend with Rahm... I never viewed his rants seriously, I always thought he was a plant to make the GOP look like idiots for agreeing with Trump. I'm pretty sure women hate Donald Trump....

I bet he gave Obama a 3 point bump. LOL

Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM

70,400 posts, read 81,142,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
another interesting aspect from the election was the fact that nearly all the GOP candidates actively sought out trump's endorsement during the primaries. romney, gingrich, perry, cain and bachmann all met with trump to try and gain his approval.

i'll be curios to see if future contenders (of any party) will actively seek out trump's support.
That's is true, it spells money!!!! I don't think any of them really cared otherwise and we all know endorsements mean little except for the possibility of additional funds.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 AM

9,605 posts, read 14,440,181 times
Trump is done. He's making an ass out of himself over this Macy's thing.

Done for politics, I should clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections