U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,432,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It was fun to watch the whole "Trump for President" episode of the Republican demise saga.

I loved watching the RWNJs getting all moist over The Donald who was obviously yanking their chain. It was especially entertaining to watch him stoke the "birther" nonsense and get the Repugnantcans all riled up only to have President Obama to publicly make The Donald his "*tch" while The Donald slinked away with his tail tucked between his legs. And the icing on the cake was The Donald (shockingly) deciding to have another go at The Apprentice vs losing an election to President Obama (or better yet not even getting the R nomination)
Trump's interviews seem pretty funny now.

When I saw them seriously considering this man as President, I threw up a little in my mouth.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM

27,421 posts, read 15,113,410 times
Maybe Donald was secretly working for the Democrats? Because I certainly think his antics pushed some people our way.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,243,642 times
"How do people like Donald trump seriously become possible contenders to be President"

Donald wasn't ever for one second a serious contender for POTUS. Whether he was being serious with the birther stuff or it was part of some kind of publicity stunt(or both), I'm not sure.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,024,115 times
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm. The election is over. Deal with it.

Or haven't you heard: This is America. Anybody can become president! Goodness, look at the mess we have now!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM

769 posts, read 2,401,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Maybe Donald was secretly working for the Democrats? Because I certainly think his antics pushed some people our way.
He's so over the top I would not doubt it.

But it boils down to he can get the media's attention and he has a reputation as a successful busines person. He also says some things that people like hearing such as why did we not get anything in return from Iraq and why are we letting China "Eat our lunch".

The problem is he comes off sounding like a drunk at closing time with some of his way out there remarks.

Another thing is he is precieved to have a lot of money and here in the US people with big money are looked up to by many as Gods. He runs a good dog and pony show.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 10,637,793 times
This is the first time in recent memory that the Republican Party even flirted with the idea of departing from the principle of primogeniture in selecting a nominee.

That said, I don't think the fact that there were periods when some of the joke candidates were ahead in the polls meant that they were serious contenders.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 AM

755 posts, read 612,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This is the first time in recent memory that the Republican Party even flirted with the idea of departing from the principle of primogeniture in selecting a nominee.

That said, I don't think the fact that there were periods when some of the joke candidates were ahead in the polls meant that they were serious contenders.
Agreed. Neither Trump nor the similar (businessman, non-politician) Herman Cain was ever going to be the GOP nominee.

However, the fact that they led in the polls at any point is ... well, impressive (and not in a good way).

Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,493,692 times
Money + Arrogance will make people do foolish things! Funny how this skinny black man from the south side of Chicago is President and Donald isn't!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM

69,422 posts, read 79,656,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

When I saw them seriously considering this man as President, I threw up a little in my mouth.
He never was a serious contender, only in his own mind. Oh sure, he got some attention, but most people with any knowledge of politics know it was a publicity stunt, that was all. He fed his ego, a few helped him, end of story. It was the media that played the whole thing up!!!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM

Location: 22 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
23,329 posts, read 13,044,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

how do any of the 'contenders' get there???

obama was an UNKNOWN
bush was a silly cowboy
clinton was a sexual abuser/harraser
kerry was/is a prick
gore was/is a puppet
reagan was an actor
carter was a peanut farmer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections