U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 AM

69,289 posts, read 79,469,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Gee, no insults in these forums ever!

And Maybe YOU NEED brownie points....I don't.

And you're Off Topic discussing poster not post .....

And Yes, Republicans are REPUGnant to me so I will continue to label them as that....if they, by some miracle, become decent, reasonable, people I will drop the name....
there are plenty who name call: I never cliamed there wasn't but some people do it more than others and then laugh at themselves: you go right ahead, of course you will continue, nothing has made you change so far..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM

69,289 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
So,being a constitutional law professor isn't a real job? Being a state and US Senator isn't a real job? Being a community organizer isn't a real job
I am not commenting on the questionalble law professor but would you like to check his recored in the Senate, how many times he didn't even cast a vote and how much of that time he spent doing nothing but campaiging, maybe that is why so many feel he never held a real job...?? Add to that, I think many would not consider a community organizer much of a real job.Just a thought, that's all.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 AM

2,564 posts, read 3,084,851 times
Ever notice the similarity between "SANTORUM" and the word SANATORIUM?

Just asking?

Good place for Ricky-Poo and his hallucinogenic followers.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,022,377 times
Default Excellent post and spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's unelectable, and presumably, he's the only guy on Earth that doesn't know it.
He's typical of the current trainwreck that is the Republican party. Head in sand while foot in mouth.

Not a chance in hell of being elected, no more than Yosemite Sam.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM

19,360 posts, read 13,021,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
He's the second in line to the thrown. Republicans ALWAYS nominate the second in line four years later.
I'm sure you meant to spell throne, but it's funnier your way. Santorum doomed himself to be a member of the thrown forever.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM

4,245 posts, read 5,750,175 times
I'm reminded how, back in the 1970s, no one thought Reagan would be electable as he was "too conservative". Yet he gave Gerald Ford a good run for the money, then beat the first Bush in the primaries then mopped the floor with the hapless Jimmy Carter.

So...yeah....for you all wishing for a Santorum candidancy....be careful for what you wish for.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM

11,355 posts, read 8,879,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I'm reminded how, back in the 1970s, no one thought Reagan would be electable as he was "too conservative". Yet he gave Gerald Ford a good run for the money, then beat the first Bush in the primaries then mopped the floor with the hapless Jimmy Carter.

So...yeah....for you all wishing for a Santorum candidancy....be careful for what you wish for.
I don't like to use the word never but Santorum would NEVER win. Dude is too unstable and he looks like he is ready to pop at all times.

The problem with your example is the primary problem with the GOP in general. Reagan is dead... the guy was an actor and he had a great voice, slick hair and sounded smooth when he talked. If Reagan was alive today the GOP would call him a RHINO.

Those days are gone... Reagan is dead... It's time to get realistic about who you have in your party TODAY...and who the voting demographic will be in 2016.

Not trying to pick on you but I've heard Reagan and the 70's too much and I'm sick of it... stop looking back, hindsite is always 20/20.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM

6,209 posts, read 3,103,664 times
Has anyone mentioned that he joined the staff of a racist hate-blog?

Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM

32,543 posts, read 17,650,891 times
Thumbs up Santorum hints at 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Oh please oh please oh please...

Santorum: 'I'm Open' to 2016 Run | The Weekly Standard

He seriously seems to believe that the GOP needs to double-down on social conservatism and add a note of economic "populism," whatever that means in an ultraconservative religious context.

Good luck with that.

Run, Ricky! Run!

Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM

295 posts, read 302,295 times
Santorum is more analogous to Pat Robertson in '88 than Reagan. Robertson backdoored a couple of the early primaries by being a novelty candidate (ooh look, a televangelist, how interesting) and everyone thought, uh-oh, Bush is in trouble. Robertson never made an appreciable showing after that election. Santorum is like a Pat Robertson.

The comparison to Reagan actually made me laugh out loud. Reagan was alot more pragmatic than people remember. He only paid lip service to religion, his wife was a kooky astrologist, his kids were liberal atheists and playboy bunnies, he raised taxes when needed, advocated deficit spending, and at one time had been a hollywood insider and union chief. In spite of all the revisionist worship, Reagan wouldn't win a single republican primary today.

Next time out, the republicans better nominate someone who at least stands an outside shot of delivering their home state. Santorum does not meet that qualification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or