Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times

Advertisements

The Party will be the GOP, of course.

2016 will be a good chance for the GOP to take back the White House, if they play their cards right and with a bit of bad luck for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post

2016 will be a good chance for the GOP to take back the White House, if they play their cards right and with a bit of bad luck for Obama.
Country first...lol

Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:

Still relying on that old strategy are we...?

McConnell: Stopping Obama's re-election still 'single most important' goal

It Doesn’t Matter If Millions Of Americans Lose Their Insurance As Long As We Repeal Obamacare

Jindal defends those who want Obama to fail

Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails

Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times
^
...a strategy which failed for the GOP during 2008-2012. They weren't able to really crash the economy under Obama's watch and they werent able to defeat or repeal Obamacare.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
^
...a strategy which failed for the GOP during 2008-2012. They weren't able to really crash the economy under Obama's watch and they werent able to defeat or repeal Obamacare.
The reality is it will fail in 2016, 2020, etc, too. Until the GOP stops pandering to angry, middle aged white men, they will flounder in national races.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Since we have to have a presidential election in 2016, what party will take on the Democrats?
I ask since the Democratic party is the only party left at this point in the USA.
My feeling is that if a new party does not step forward to replace the former Republican party then President Obama should be allowed to stay on for a third term.
So I ask you, if there is in fact a new party ready to step up to the plate in 2016, knowing that they will not be the Republican party, who will they be... Or, are we ready to accept the fact that Mr. Obama should stay on until at least 2020? I think he should, based on the amount of damage that has been done. What do you think?
Yes! Rip up the Constitution and name Obama Pharaoh of the United States. All hail the Dear Leader!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Yes! Rip up the Constitution and name Obama Pharaoh of the United States. All hail the Dear Leader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa....Don't count the Republicans out. They will be back when they find their roots, when they start listening to Rush and not to the Dems about what they should do. The Democrats have the votes of the atheists, the moochers, the lazy, the welfare queens, the sexual deviates, and the illegal aliens. There is no way the Republicans will win by trying to get those votes. They need to appeal the moral majority, the sensible, the hard-working producers in the country and they will find themselves back on top just like in 2010. No more phoney conservatives like Romney!
If posts like these are representative of current Republican views its obvious Republicans have learned nothing from why they just lost the election.
These attitudes are in the minority and will conspire to sink the Republican ship once again in 2016.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
None there will be no america left
No American right would be more probable.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If posts like these are representative of current Republican views its obvious Republicans have learned nothing from why they just lost the election.
These attitudes are in the minority and will conspire to sink the Republican ship once again in 2016.
Not the minority of my Republican friends. Most have simply given up all hope and expect our country to be in total ruins before 2016. Nope, you fools voted yourself a dictator. Congratulations! You won! Yippee!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Not the minority of my Republican friends. Most have simply given up all hope and expect our country to be in total ruins before 2016. Nope, you fools voted yourself a dictator. Congratulations! You won! Yippee!
Repubs and Dems both have some good ideas i like and as a centrist sometimes back one side sometimes the other,but the product the current Repubs are selling is too far rightwing for me and borders on extremism, when you have a base consisting of birthers,angry old white men,hates just about everything including minorities,women,healthcare,environmental issues,Same sex couples, the poor, coupled with an extremely ill informed rightwing media and are calling 47% of the population mooches and leeches you aint representing my vision of America,The Republican product has become way too intolerant and one dimensional in todays fast changing global mosaic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections