U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM

755 posts, read 612,709 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else as amused as I am that Jim "We must make Obamacare his Waterloo!" DeMint is off to head the Heritage Foundation, the organization that originally developed the concept of the individual mandate and championed it as a free-market method of health-care reform ... until they decided that it was the epitome of Marxism?

Individual health care insurance mandate has roots two decades long | Fox News

How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,292,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Is anyone else as amused as I am that Jim "We must make Obamacare his Waterloo!" DeMint is off to head the Heritage Foundation, the organization that originally developed the concept of the individual mandate and championed it as a free-market method of health-care reform ... until they decided that it was the epitome of Marxism?

Individual health care insurance mandate has roots two decades long | Fox News

How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate - Forbes

Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 PM

Jim DeMint tells Rush Limbaugh how to fix GOP, tweaks Boehner - POLITICO.com

Quote:
DeMint also told Limbaugh he hopes to use his new role to help the GOP appeal to more Americans.
Yes! That's it! The reason the GOP lost the Presidency, lost Senate seats, and lost House seats is... ...not enough Jim DeMint!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 AM

33,970 posts, read 32,432,777 times
After DeMint runs the Heritage Foundation for a few years and gets that high level executive experience (he did run a research company earlier in his life), I'm hoping he runs for President.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 AM

3,574 posts, read 4,021,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
After DeMint runs the Heritage Foundation for a few years and gets that high level executive experience (he did run a research company earlier in his life), I'm hoping he runs for President.
Hahahaha!

Oh, you were serious.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,034,071 times
Quote:
Bahahahahaha.

Me too!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,719,207 times
Default Follow the money...

That's all Demint is doing.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I'd like to see DeMint run for President, too -- not because I want him to win, but because he's an interesting political figure, and it would be interesting to see how he fared in the primaries.

Jim DeMint was my dark-horse pick (ie, prognostication -- not preference) for Romney's running mate. He would have matched up very well with Romney on a ticket. Better, I think, than Ryan.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 AM

9,312 posts, read 5,591,989 times
Quote:
DeMint will never hold elected office again. He's a quitter, like Palin before him (and how interesting that both of these Tea Party darlings abandoned their constituents to chase the almighty buck. Such principles!). No one will vote for a politician that quits their post mid-term for no other reason than to line their pockets. And who would volunteer for his campaign, knock on doors and man phone banks, if they couldn't count on him to stick with the job after they work so hard to get him elected?

He's finished politically. And that's good new for the country.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 12-07-2012 at 09:52 AM..

Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM

9,312 posts, read 5,591,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Yes! That's it! The reason the GOP lost the Presidency, lost Senate seats, and lost House seats is... ...not enough Jim DeMint!
I couldn't rep you for that comic, but it was spot on! Here's hoping the fools double down on the extreme conservatism. It will hasten their demise that much faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or