Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times

Advertisements

The answer is simple.... He who calls name, usually answers the same.

When people point 1 finger towards others....3 are pointing at the source.

We see in others what we most need to work on in ourselves ~ the mirror reflects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 AM

753 posts, read 727,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Because:

1) You would have to go back to 1965 to find White Voters voting above 95% down racial lines
2) There weren't very many black candidates back then. Come to think of it, now save local postions
3) Because in this "enlightened" time blacks voted 95% with Barrack in 2008, probably not as much in 2012 but still, way in the majority. It's a free choice. Have at it, just trying to explain it.
4) If Blacks were "routinely" voting for whites its because they had no other choice in that district...think, Montana.....Utah......Wyoming.....hard to be the few out there and get your vote to count
5) Whites tended to like Collin Powell (until 2008, the biggest "Tom" in the pile according to Blacks...until a Black candidate ran for Pres), Condoleeza Rice (sharp woman who came up the hard way and gets almost no credit for it), what's-her-name out West....as you can see, not impossible.....they like Jindahl too and he's Hindu?.....Innouye of Hawaii...Japanese, left......the dude from Memphis....etc....they kind of despise Maxine Waters and everyones lunatic, Cynthia McKinney...you should too....

There are better black leaders than the one we have in the driver's seat. In fact, WITHOUT the white vote, BO could never be elected mathematically. Everyone, including the media, keep forgetting that as much as they would like to paint America as being racially "diverse", fully 228 million out of the 315 million citizens are....white......google it....don't take my word but, please, when you see it, don't do like most and not let the facts get in the way.

The truth is America is 73 or 74% white....almost 3 out of 4. What you might want to give some thought to is wow, white america is willing to vote a person of color (and not just Black mind you, alot of people like Rubio). Again, without the liberal white vote, BO and pretty much anyone that is NOT white wouldn't stand much of a chance.

All this in about 40 years. Perhaps America is not as racist as most think. But, again, there's a lot of racism out there and it's not a monopoly owned by just whites. Seems to me, there's quite a few people of color who HATE whites simply by the color of their skin, not the content of THEIR character?
Get your numbers straight. In 2008, Barack Obama got 91% of the black vote.

By comparison, in 2004 John Kerry got 88% of the black vote. That 3% difference is well within both the 5% improvement by Obama over Kerry's total vote numbers and the exit polls margins of error.

Obama

In other words, the black vote for a black Democratic Presidential candidate did not statistically differ from the black vote for a white Democratic Presidential candidate.

And now, back to your excuses for calling blacks racist for voting for a Democrat who happens to be black...

Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Because:

1) You would have to go back to 1965 to find White Voters voting above 95% down racial lines
2) There weren't very many black candidates back then. Come to think of it, now save local postions
3) Because in this "enlightened" time blacks voted 95% with Barrack in 2008, probably not as much in 2012 but still, way in the majority. It's a free choice. Have at it, just trying to explain it.
4) If Blacks were "routinely" voting for whites its because they had no other choice in that district...think, Montana.....Utah......Wyoming.....hard to be the few out there and get your vote to count
5) Whites tended to like Collin Powell (until 2008, the biggest "Tom" in the pile according to Blacks...until a Black candidate ran for Pres), Condoleeza Rice (sharp woman who came up the hard way and gets almost no credit for it), what's-her-name out West....as you can see, not impossible.....they like Jindahl too and he's Hindu?.....Innouye of Hawaii...Japanese, left......the dude from Memphis....etc....they kind of despise Maxine Waters and everyones lunatic, Cynthia McKinney...you should too....

There are better black leaders than the one we have in the driver's seat. In fact, WITHOUT the white vote, BO could never be elected mathematically. Everyone, including the media, keep forgetting that as much as they would like to paint America as being racially "diverse", fully 228 million out of the 315 million citizens are....white......google it....don't take my word but, please, when you see it, don't do like most and not let the facts get in the way.

The truth is America is 73 or 74% white....almost 3 out of 4. What you might want to give some thought to is wow, white america is willing to vote a person of color (and not just Black mind you, alot of people like Rubio). Again, without the liberal white vote, BO and pretty much anyone that is NOT white wouldn't stand much of a chance.

All this in about 40 years. Perhaps America is not as racist as most think. But, again, there's a lot of racism out there and it's not a monopoly owned by just whites. Seems to me, there's quite a few people of color who HATE whites simply by the color of their skin, not the content of THEIR character?
Hmmm. Sounds like a long, incoherent, racist rant to me. Must be a personal problem.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I hear a lot of white folks complaining that black folks only voted for Obama because he is black. Yet, black voters have regularly voted for white candidates, in every state and at every level of government, ever since they first got the franchise. Meanwhile, white voters have almost never been willing to vote for black candidates in any election. Why, then, are black voters the ones being questioned about this?
you are making absolutely no sense as I see it. If whites never voted for blacks how come we have blacks elected to both houses, governmorships and mayors? Blacks do vote for white candidates when there are no blacks running and some blacks, also vote for white candidates over black ones. Maybe not in Chicago, but in other cities and states.And could I ask, why you are using the term: black folks and white folks? This sounds like words out of the mouth of a real racist 50 years ago..?

Old 12-08-2012, 01:49 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
folk makes it more racist? Hmm... ok.

I don't think whites have a problem voting for blacks in elections but I'm not sure why whites are upset blacks are supporting Obama at a slightly higher rate than previous Dems.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I hear a lot of white folks complaining that black folks only voted for Obama because he is black. Yet, black voters have regularly voted for white candidates, in every state and at every level of government, ever since they first got the franchise. Meanwhile, white voters have almost never been willing to vote for black candidates in any election. Why, then, are black voters the ones being questioned about this?
If you have to ask you already know.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Because:

I know you want to believe that but the south is still pretty racist especially Mississippi

Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,662,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

I don't think whites have a problem voting for blacks in elections but I'm not sure why whites are upset blacks are supporting Obama at a slightly higher rate than previous Dems.
Perhaps the republicans should run a black candidate for prez and see how he does among the black community.

Let's see. White people vote on "principle" so the said black republican candidate would get their vote.

AND....black people vote on "race" so the said black republican candidate would get their vote.

Looks like a landslide victory for our black Republican candidate.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

for your information: most whites do not have trouble voting for anyone, based on color. if they did there would be no black elected officails anywhere and no, most are not suprised blacks supported Obama. The problem, knowing people do vote based on color and that is the one of the reasons so many voted for him. Many blacks that voted for Obama, would not have voted period if he hadn't been black..

Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Is is that shocking that black people voted for a Democratic presidential candidate? Regardless of color?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections