Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,764,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
She is gay.
I used to think conservatives always attacked liberals on this forum,but I now see it goes both ways.

I still don't see how Condi could be any worse than both George Bush and most importantly Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,879,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
She would make history like Obama did. She would be the first woman president, and the first black woman president elected. How's that?
Instead of posting a mere assertion, why don't you start off saying why she would win? Personally, I think she has major disadvantages. She was 100% wrong in he lead up to the Iraq War, making claims that arguable she knew re untrue. She has no organization and she has never held elected office.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:02 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
How is a gay, pro-choice black woman going to make it through the Teapublican primary process?
you might be surprised; but, I doubt we will ever know cause she is not very likely to run...

Old 12-13-2012, 06:06 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Convince me please.
She really isn't a conservative,plus she is a more moderate republican. She would most likely be able to win independant voters over,like me.

Obama came out of nowhere and became president.
Condi is well known.
If he can become president,why can't she?
You have a point, but her possibly being gay might be an issue. No, we don't know she is, not 100% but things point that direction and i think this, in itself would stop her from running. The interesting thing, she would pick up a lot of support from the fiscally conservative gays and there are a lot of them.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,879,373 times
Sco has a point, if Rice is a moderate she has no chance of getting through the Republican nomination process, which is dominated by the extreme right-wing.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 AM

12,238 posts, read 6,400,748 times
Not to mention she has that "mushroom cloud" idiocy hanging over her head.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,554,856 times
Quote:
Convince me please.
She really isn't a conservative,plus she is a more moderate republican. She would most likely be able to win independant voters over,like me.

Condi is well known.
Did you see anyone from the Bush administration at the last convention?

Obama came out of nowhere because of W, Cheney, Rice etc....

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,008,437 times
Quote:
Convince me please.

Condi is well known.
It's not the same. Obama held elective office. Obama was groomed quite quickly once the Senate Dems realized what a prodigious fun raiser he was. His star rose once the Senate and House Dems realized that he was a guy that could take back the White House. And they solidified their support behind him pretty quickly. They encouraged him to run in the first place.

Rice has no such benefactors...yet. And simply put, she's never taken a hard stance on ANYTHING. As i said earlier, no one know what she believes in. I have no earthly idea what stance she has on any issue. Think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
But that's the whole point. When it gets to the general election they line up behind party regardless.

Heck, look how many dems around here have said they don't like some of Obama's policies but he's better than Romney. Or vice versa?

I think that you could run a turnip for president and they'd still get a whole lot of votes just because of party loyalty.
I guess i may have to go along with your assertion since you made it clear that it's contingent on her getting the nomination in the first place. Big caveat. I don't think she could get the nomination in a million years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
If she won the GOP nomination, all the GOP sheep would automatically vote for her, so that's 40%.
Then she'd win a small portion of blacks and women who normally are loyal to the Democrats, so that's like 45-50%, and essentially the win right there.

Her home state being California and being a black woman might allow her to be the first Republican to carry California since Bush in 1988. Carrying California would guarantee a GOP victory.

She may not have been a good Secretary of State and may not be a strong candidate, but that doesn't matter in a general election. All that matters is that the bottom 20% of people on the intelligence scale prefer voting for the black woman over the white man, if that's the case. If the GOP nominates Condi and the Democrats nominate a white man, it's a guarantee that Condi wins.
Her home state is Alabama. She had two adoptive home states in California and Colorado. But i have a hard time believing that she could win any of those states. Not even Alabama.

Still, the question remains...what does she believe in?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,579,185 times
Her role in trying to discredit the Counterrorism departments repeated attempts to raise red flags and warnings about Al Qaedas desire to strike the US leading up to 9/11 should disqualify her for higher office.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 AM

990 posts, read 935,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Baseless assumption number one:
The base will turnout 100% for a pro-choice, pro-affirmative action single black woman. Frankly, it's embarrassing that anyone is foolish enough to make such a laughably absurd assumption.
The base NEVER turns out at 100%, if they did, Romney would be president.

Quote:
And her odds of carrying it would be about as good as Romney carrying Massachusetts (you know, a state where Romney -- unlike Rice in California -- actually once won an election).
I didn't guarantee it, I said "IF", you know that word, don't you? It's not an assumption. However, you seemed to make a few brilliant ASSumptions.

Quote:
Roger that, Dick Morris...
I hardly made a prediction here. I simply stated that if a black woman like Condi with her liberal positions on some issues were somehow able to win the GOP nomination (which she couldn't), she'd likely win the general election because she'd be able to win swing voters. Winning California would guarantee an election victory, but I didn't guarantee a California win, especially if it's against another black woman or Hilary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections