Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Actually, I prefer the RWNJ conspiracy theory that Obama would declare martial law and cancel the 2012 election.

Were you adequately prepared for the Dec 21st apocalypse, too?

That was a LWNJ conspiracy in 2008 that Bush would use the wars as an excuse to do so.

Prior to that it was a RWNJ conspiracy as Clinton finished his 2nd term and before that it cropped up a Reagan left.

Pretty much, most of the posters around this forum are nut jobs, they only see it in the OTHER guys though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Can he win a third term?

Wasn't there a president who had 4 terms (Roosevelt?)

Can Obama create an executive order or change the law so that he could run for a third term or indefinitely?
Nah, Teddy Roosevelt actually had 6 terms during which time he invented not only the Teddy Bear but also created the Kangaroosevelt or Kangaroo for short.

However, back when Roosevelt was in office the earths orbit was faster so each year was shorter than a year so his 6 terms in office were more like 4 "earth terms".

Glad I could help further your education on US politics.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 PM

990 posts, read 939,285 times
Quote:
Can he win a third term?

Can Obama create an executive order or change the law so that he could run for a third term or indefinitely?
No.

Did you flunk out of US History or are you just another paranoid "Obama is Hitler" nutjob?

It's called the 22nd Amendment and it would require a new amendment or a full repeal to do. It's not gonna happen. 2016 will see two more mediocre candidates beating out far better ones in the primaries and complete ignorance of third parties just like every other election.

The ignorance of our country's laws is so sad. Obama will no longer be president in 4 years and all the paranoid rednecks can go back to being led by an old white guy with an American name.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
No.

Did you flunk out of US History or are you just another paranoid "Obama is Hitler" nutjob?

It's called the 22nd Amendment and it would require a new amendment or a full repeal to do. It's not gonna happen. 2016 will see two more mediocre candidates beating out far better ones in the primaries and complete ignorance of third parties just like every other election.

The ignorance of our country's laws is so sad. Obama will no longer be president in 4 years and all the paranoid rednecks can go back to being led by an old white guy with an American name.
No, I'm not a nutjob - I'm not a democrat.

I hope you and the others who said it could not be done are right!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I think you're being a little harsh on the OP. I admit to asking if him/her was embarrassed to ask the question as it was posed without knowledge of our Constitutional Amendments, but I see nothing wrong or conspiratorial in asking if Obama could somehow try and make an end-run around our Constitution. Obama is the most arrogant and disrespectful of our Constitution when it comes to running this country of any President EVER!

Now I will specifically refer you to an event which may be rolled into a new stimulus package in the near future which includes a waiver for sanctions against UNESCO. This is BAD news and a violation of Federal Law.

Is Obama Plotting to Waive Sanctions on the Palestinian Authority and UNESCO?

Obama is a puppet of the NWO. Look at the big picture.
Ahh yes more crazy conspircy

Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
And some people here are still dissing me for my OP question!

The Executive Order thing used in the wrong hands, could make someone a tyrant.

for example, just recently, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't obama decide by Executive Order to want to raise Congress salaries (this happened at the beginning of the new year this year).

And now he wants to use that executive order to deal with guns laws?

so thats two already..

Michelle Malkin was on tv today talking about a lot of obama using Executive Orders for a lot of things, but i'd have to research that to see exactly what she means.

By the way, I am still going to continue asking questions, voiciing my opinion, etc. and I appreciate those who wish to answer them whether or not anyone judges them in any way with colorful adjectives of which I will not repeat .... If you do not like my questions, you may choose to ignore me, but I am not going to stop.. I will never choose to be rude though. Thank you!

You can't Executive Order your way to repeal an Amendment. That isn't the way it works in the real world outside of conspiracy land. All Presidents have issued Executive Orders, in fact W issued more in his first term than Obama did in his.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Can he win a third term?

Can he win a 3rd Term, possible. Though if we went though the process of repealing 22 amendment I think Clinton and Reagan's corpse would be the 2 nominees .

Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh yes more crazy conspircy
Is it conspiracy that the UN recognized the Palestinian Authority as a member of UNESCO?

No. Palestinian flag raised at Unesco - Telegraph

Is it a conspiracy that we have existing law in the U.S. prohibiting support for UNESCO if it were to recognize the Palestinian Authority?

No.

UNESCO votes to admit Palestine; U.S. cuts off funding - Washington Post

Does Obama's "pick" for the new head of the CIA believe there is a "war on terror"?

No.

White House: 'War on Terrorism' is over... 'Jihadist' and 'Global War', also unacceptable terms. - YouTube

Tell me again how the possibility of Obama making an end-run around Congress on funding for UNESCO is a conspiracy?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Oh, please no! Hope not.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Is it conspiracy that the UN recognized the Palestinian Authority as a member of UNESCO?

No. Palestinian flag raised at Unesco - Telegraph

Is it a conspiracy that we have existing law in the U.S. prohibiting support for UNESCO if it were to recognize the Palestinian Authority?

No.

UNESCO votes to admit Palestine; U.S. cuts off funding - Washington Post

Does Obama's "pick" for the new head of the CIA believe there is a "war on terror"?

No.

White House: 'War on Terrorism' is over... 'Jihadist' and 'Global War', also unacceptable terms. - YouTube

Tell me again how the possibility of Obama making an end-run around Congress on funding for UNESCO is a conspiracy?
Excellent post. Many things are happening that no one thought could be done. But, our president and his minions are doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections