Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesABQ View Post
I hope he does run, another pick-up for the Democrats.
If only that were true. In this state (SC), he will probably be elected by a landslide. If you have the R next to your name, and you're not in a solidly democratic district, you will lose. Our ethically challenged current governor, who on top of her other ethics problems, leads an administration that exposed nearly every taxpayer's SSN and bank account data (everyone who has filed online in the last 10 or so years-3.8 million), will probably be re-elected next year. She shows no remorse, and in the letters sent to each of us taxpayers explaining things there was no apology from the state.

Sanford does not deserve to be elected to anything but dog-catcher. Nor does Haley. But they'll probably both win. If Sanford wins the primary, he'll win the general. It's too bad Jenny Sanford doesn't run against her scum ex-husband. That would be one time I might actually vote republican, if I lived in that district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
It's really a shame that most only know Mark Sanford for the cheating scandal, he was actually a great governor. As a politician, he didn't participate in the games the establishment set up. For instance, in 2009 the state of South Carolina' s Employment Commission said they were going broke and needed more money. During this time Sanford was declining federal stimulus funding and looking to fix things from within the state. Sanford asked for a full record of all accounts from the commission. The Commissioner told Sanford that he had no right to the records! So naturally he told he Commissioner no. He went on a media tour talking about how the governor didn't care about the people and their benefits and how he didn't care about minorities, made a whole big stink of it. Needless to say that department, nor any others received additional funding until they got their accounts in order. He unearthed a lot of fraud and took a stand against the ridiculousness that ran the state in a classy way.

Whew ! lying while in office (no pun intended) .... telling the people of SC he was traveling the Appalachian Trail, because his pants were so hot he had to boogie down to South America.

Yah.....great governor; one classy guy!

In Congress, he'll fit right in.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Whew ! lying while in office (no pun intended) .... telling the people of SC he was traveling the Appalachian Trail, because his pants were so hot he had to boogie down to South America.

Yah.....great governor; one classy guy!

In Congress, he'll fit right in.
I can see both sides: it is hard for a candidate with an R next to his/her name to lose in SC, that part is true. Did he run the state with class? I have no idea but remember it is one thing to run the state or business with class and quite another to run your personal life with class. The biggest problem I see, was his lieing, not what he did, but how. I don't think anyone is calling him a classy guy..

Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can see both sides: it is hard for a candidate with an R next to his/her name to lose in SC, that part is true. Did he run the state with class? I have no idea but remember it is one thing to run the state or business with class and quite another to run your personal life with class. The biggest problem I see, was his lieing, not what he did, but how. I don't think anyone is calling him a classy guy..
He's a lliar to the people of SC that he represented; he's a liar and a cheat to his wife and 4 children; and he thinks he can make a "come back".

The man, like all other politicians who cheat, has NO shame.

Can you say John Edwards? Bill Clinton? et als

Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
He's a lliar to the people of SC that he represented; he's a liar and a cheat to his wife and 4 children; and he thinks he can make a "come back".

The man, like all other politicians who cheat, has NO shame.

Can you say John Edwards? Bill Clinton? et als
Wow, I certainly am not argueing with you: re-read what I wrote. My posting was simply to say: 1-it is true, the R next to his name could get him elected. I certainly am not saying he would be my choice and 2-I said being a good governor he might have been: that does not mean he is a good person. I have no tolerance for infadility but it is still between him and his family except for his deceiving the voters. I hope he doesn't get re-elected, I am simply saying, it could happen.

Nita

Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Wow, I certainly am not argueing with you: re-read what I wrote. My posting was simply to say: 1-it is true, the R next to his name could get him elected. I certainly am not saying he would be my choice and 2-I said being a good governor he might have been: that does not mean he is a good person. I have no tolerance for infadility but it is still between him and his family except for his deceiving the voters. I hope he doesn't get re-elected, I am simply saying, it could happen.

Nita

You don't give much credit to the people of SC then if you think that just "any" candidate with an R can win. In this case, he hasn't earned anything, and hasn't learned anything.

Any other R candidate but Sanford.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
You don't give much credit to the people of SC then if you think that just "any" candidate with an R can win. In this case, he hasn't earned anything, and hasn't learned anything.

Any other R candidate but Sanford.
again, you are totally taking what I am saying out of context. I am simply saying there will be people, especially in certain states that will vote for a person because of party and nothing else. I didn't say he would win because people in SC don't know what they are doing, just some will. It is the same in other states as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections