Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM

256 posts, read 541,137 times

Advertisements

Who Will run
I think for the Dems Cory Booker will run as a moderate
As for the GOP I say Christie or Rubio

voting
Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Oregon and Possibly California will be toss ups for the Dems
Arizona, Georgia, Missouri and possibly Texas for the GOP

I will say Oregon will go to the GOP and here is why
Oregon Election Results
In a surprise to me Lincoln and Tillamook counties went to the President. These used to be red counties and the Oregon coast is a mess of a economy. Also Columbia county I think will go to the GOP. With this I believe Oregon will have just enough to go to the GOP.

Arizona will go to the Dems and heres why http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...esults/arizona
Latinos are going up in the state of Arizona. Maricopa County is booming and Phoenix is one of the fastest growing cities in this country. With Maricopa county I think the state will easily go to the Democrats

thoughts

btw please can we keep this respectful

Edit: I think California will be very interesting. San Diego county i do not believe will be a democratic county. I think some of the swing counties like San Bernadino and the central california counties will make this close. However I still having leaning to the GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
^^^
California will not be a toss up. The Bay area and LA county swamp the rest of the state.

Other then that it depends on who runs. If it is Hillary, the GOP is in trouble, because she can compete in places like West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas which, if the GOP have to defend those, pretty much means they have lost.

Additionally North Carolina will continue its slog towards the Democrats. Whether they will win or not is unknown, but it will be increasingly close.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,665 times
Cory Booker is looking at running for senate in 2014... if he wins, I doubt he turns right back around and starts a presidential bid. Look for him in 2020/2024.

Hilary has the inside track if she decides to run again. Until she says in 2015 that she's not running, I'll consider her the dem frontrunner.

After the freakshow that was last years republican primary, it's hard to speculate who the GOP frontrunners would be. I think Christie, positioning himself as a moderate, would be a competitive choice.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM

Hillary is going to run I think she is bluffing.

As for Booker I really think a Clinton/Booker ticket would be awesome! However I think if they go moderate some hardcore liberals might not vote

Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post
Who Will run
I think for the Dems Cory Booker will run as a moderate
As for the GOP I say Christie or Rubio

voting
Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Oregon and Possibly California will be toss ups for the Dems
Arizona, Georgia, Missouri and possibly Texas for the GOP

I will say Oregon will go to the GOP and here is why
Oregon Election Results
In a surprise to me Lincoln and Tillamook counties went to the President. These used to be red counties and the Oregon coast is a mess of a economy. Also Columbia county I think will go to the GOP. With this I believe Oregon will have just enough to go to the GOP.

Arizona will go to the Dems and heres why Arizona Election Results
Latinos are going up in the state of Arizona. Maricopa County is booming and Phoenix is one of the fastest growing cities in this country. With Maricopa county I think the state will easily go to the Democrats

thoughts

btw please can we keep this respectful

Edit: I think California will be very interesting. San Diego county i do not believe will be a democratic county. I think some of the swing counties like San Bernadino and the central california counties will make this close. However I still having leaning to the GOP

There are too many dependent bums in America. Jesus Christ could not defeat Hitler if Christ was running as a republican in America.

People want TREATS and do not care about the future of America, nor the impact of thier lethargy on the nation or on the future of their children.

Give a dog a treat and he will vote democratic.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM

691 posts, read 771,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post
Hillary is going to run I think she is bluffing.

As for Booker I really think a Clinton/Booker ticket would be awesome! However I think if they go moderate some hardcore liberals might not vote

After the hearings today, Hillary wont be able to run for Mayor of Chappaqua.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Really? I thought she kicked ass.

I don't think Ron Johnson will be returning in 2016. He has like a 36% approval rating.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
In 3 years, the only people who will still harbor a negative opinion of her based on today's hearings were never going to vote for her.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Of course Hillary will run (unless she bangs her head again). She's a known, consistent liar. She always says she won't run, then does.

The GOP wants nothing to do with Christie. I think he'll switch parties before 2016.

I couldn't care less who runs as a D. Nobody could be worse than what we have now.

I'm for Jeb for R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Really? I thought she kicked ass.
She's coming across as an angry, hysterical woman scorned.

Oh, wait! That already happened...

Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM

Hillary will be fine. This hearing does not matter.

People seem to forget Condi and the whole Iraq ideal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections