U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
5,147 posts, read 6,111,576 times
Reputation: 1559

Advertisements

Who will form the first "exploratory" committee. I predict our little hiatus of peace will soon give way to pre-campaign noise. Wondering if Hillary is a given. And if not Hil, who? We've gotten a whole gallery of GOPs (Herman Cain won't be back I'm guessing, but Newt is forever).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2013, 03:01 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
2,080 posts, read 1,371,324 times
Reputation: 437
I think Rand Paul will form the first one. Has already said something to the effect President Paul has a good ring to it....I won't support him at all I may not even vote in 2016...its a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38627
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I think Rand Paul will form the first one. Has already said something to the effect President Paul has a good ring to it....I won't support him at all I may not even vote in 2016...its a waste of time.
Please don't take that route...We all need to vote regardless of the choices. There is always one candidate that has better ideas than another or ideas that fit our views more closely. I will say the past 2 elections left a lot to be desired, but still one of the major choices had to come closer to fitting your views than the other, even if you were pulling for a third party..

Would I support Rand Paul? Right now, from what I know, yes I would, but I have to find out a lot more about how he really believes and where he thinks he could take the country..I did not support his father at all.

OP, I am willing to bet, there are already several possible candidates with feelers out there. maybe Rand Paul, Cuomo, Hillary (maybe) Ryan, Rubio, Jindal (if his wife is behind him) Christie, same, if family wants him to give it a run, Jeb Bush, Biden, and on and on and on...Maybe even Susamma Martinez..I bet, within the next 6 months we will have some names floating around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Reputation: 11576
I have a feeling I might be voting Democrat for president in 2016. I swear if we elect an austerity ghoul, cultural populist, or an out of touch elitist for 2016 I'm voting Democrat for president. We need a true moderate, not some thug or side show personality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38627
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I have a feeling I might be voting Democrat for president in 2016. I swear if we elect an austerity ghoul, cultural populist, or an out of touch elitist for 2016 I'm voting Democrat for president. We need a true moderate, not some thug or side show personality
With the possible choices that are popping up right now, if you are thinking of voting Democrat, you certainly must not be a Republican or even a moderate independent...What Democrat would you support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
2,080 posts, read 1,371,324 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Please don't take that route...We all need to vote regardless of the choices. There is always one candidate that has better ideas than another or ideas that fit our views more closely. I will say the past 2 elections left a lot to be desired, but still one of the major choices had to come closer to fitting your views than the other, even if you were pulling for a third party..

Would I support Rand Paul? Right now, from what I know, yes I would, but I have to find out a lot more about how he really believes and where he thinks he could take the country..I did not support his father at all.

OP, I am willing to bet, there are already several possible candidates with feelers out there. maybe Rand Paul, Cuomo, Hillary (maybe) Ryan, Rubio, Jindal (if his wife is behind him) Christie, same, if family wants him to give it a run, Jeb Bush, Biden, and on and on and on...Maybe even Susamma Martinez..I bet, within the next 6 months we will have some names floating around.
You wouldn't support Ron Paul but you will support Rand because he is very similar to Romney who you also supported. I refuse to back Rand because he isn't like his father. I hope Andrew Napolitano or someone along those lines runs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
With the possible choices that are popping up right now, if you are thinking of voting Democrat, you certainly must not be a Republican or even a moderate independent...What Democrat would you support?
Are you giving me the RINO litmus test? And yes, I'm a moderate Republican, starting to lean true Independent more and more. If by 2014 no good candidates are ot be found in the GOP, I'm going to be deregistering from the GOP

The Democrat I'd support is one that doesn't support the climate change BS and mass immigration, one that supports the 2A. You'll find them somewhere in the Upper Midwest that hasn't been bought out by the Pelosi-Reid-Obama machine. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. I'm not voting for another warmonger, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 04:16 PM
 
1,395 posts, read 1,076,982 times
Reputation: 285
Rand is very much like his father, he would be in position to be the president that Reagan never was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
2,080 posts, read 1,371,324 times
Reputation: 437
Rand is nothing like his father,Rand is a israel kiss ass,his father wasn't,just to name one HUGE difference.Rand has thrown his principles in the trash to further his political career something his father never did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Rand is nothing like his father,Rand is a israel kiss ass,his father wasn't,just to name one HUGE difference.Rand has thrown his principles in the trash to further his political career something his father never did.
Ron Paul sacrificed his principles for Rand. Which is why Ron Paul ran right cover for Romney. People on Ron Paul's staff and supporters were also connected to Romney as well like Jesse Benton and Peter Thiel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top