U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 AM

3,624 posts, read 2,964,243 times

Advertisements

i say 50/50 vs biden.

i dont see anybody beating hillary if she jumps in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
I don't see runbio as the candidate. Biden certainly has donw well as presdiential candiate i apost. I thiunk we will see someone like Christy on republican side but its way too early to tell. I think we will be able to tell more if Hillary starts to move away from Obama lfet of the party tpo her husband centralist in coming years.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM

174 posts, read 127,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i say 50/50 vs biden.

i dont see anybody beating hillary if she jumps in.
More to the point -- can Rubio win the nomination?

The Republican Party does not nominate young candidates, or candidates that: a) have not run before, or b) do not have a political pedigree.

Maybe they will this time. But every cycle, legions of people just refuse to let history show them how the next nomination will pan out, and they insist that this time it's different! and the GOP will nominate some rising star. And they're always wrong. The GOP caucus/primary voters, the GOP political operatives, the GOP establishment and the GOP financiers simply do not back young, new-on-the-scene Presidential candidates.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,739,470 times
Rubio is a phony that is using people by pretending to be be something other than what he is., purely an opportunist.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM

48,898 posts, read 39,401,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Rubio is a phony that is using people by pretending to be be something other than what he is., purely an opportunist.
Well duh, he is a politician.

It's like Joe Biden being for the blue collar guys....yet he signed NAFTA....which Hillary herself says was a blow to American workers.

Let's be honest, the american public wants the presidential candidate that is "likeable" even if they are a silverspooned idiot (Bush) or inexperienced (Obama) and so on and so forth.

I'd vote for Hillary for President, not Biden though....but either one of them will be pushed aside if a young charismatic dem steps forward in the primaries. Another Bill Clinton, Obama etc. would SLAUGHTER Biden or Hillary in the primaries, let's not kid ourselves.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,429,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
So, he should understand Obama quite well then since obama is the boiggest liar and opprtunist that there has ever been.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM

21,735 posts, read 10,604,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well duh, he is a politician.

It's like Joe Biden being for the blue collar guys....yet he signed NAFTA....which Hillary herself says was a blow to American workers.

Let's be honest, the american public wants the presidential candidate that is "likeable" even if they are a silverspooned idiot (Bush) or inexperienced (Obama) and so on and so forth.

I'd vote for Hillary for President, not Biden though....but either one of them will be pushed aside if a young charismatic dem steps forward in the primaries. Another Bill Clinton, Obama etc. would SLAUGHTER Biden or Hillary in the primaries, let's not kid ourselves.
I disagree. Hillary lost to Obama because of the way the democratic primary works not because he was charismatic .

Hillary won the popular vote in 2008 ( Obama's name was not on the ballot in michigan) so it is not as if Barack destroyed her at all.

Hillary won Texas, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio.

if the Democratic Primary had been winner take all instead of Proportional like the majority of Republican primaries, Hillary Clinton would be president right now, not Barack and it would have been a land slide.

putting it in line with the current electoral map, she would have had 311 electoral votes in the Dem primaries(im not using delegates because im not trying to calculate all those numbers). What really killed Hillary was the super delegates.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM

69,300 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Can Rubio beat Biden or Hillary? If the election were today, he would cream Biden, maybe not beat Hillary, it certainly would be a tough one. That being said, I am not sure he will be the nominee, 3 years is a long time, even 2 years and that is how far away we are from a clue to who will be running and who is likely to get the nomination of either party.

As for Florida Bobs comment about him being a phony and opportunist: phoney I don't know, I will wait to see how things go before judging, we all would be wise to do this; opportunist: of course, why wouldn't he be and why shouldn't he be?

Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM

10,775 posts, read 6,902,060 times
I imagine Rubio will have a hard time winning the nomination now that he has officially endorsed a sane immigration reform plan. Sanity doesn't play well in a GOP primary.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I imagine Rubio will have a hard time winning the nomination now that he has officially endorsed a sane immigration reform plan. Sanity doesn't play well in a GOP primary.
Nope. Rubio is finished. I cant imagine who among the current crop would be elected. But, we know one thing. Barring any huge Democrat screwups, I think 2016 is going to be yet another {D} in the big house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or