Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,659,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

Now i know why that one state had NO votes for Romney , i believe it was in Pennsylvania, where there were 0 votes counted for romney, the odds of that are pretty big, that might explain what happened, tomfoolery at the polling place.
Wait.

You claim Pennsylvania (or ANY other state) had ZERO votes cast for Romney?

An entire state with no Romney votes?

Seriously?

Can you PROVE that ANY state had ZERO votes cast for Romney?

Again. seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wait.

You claim Pennsylvania (or ANY other state) had ZERO votes cast for Romney?

An entire state with no Romney votes?

Seriously?

Can you PROVE that ANY state had ZERO votes cast for Romney?

Again. seriously?
No no happened in Philadelphia, sorry I did not make it clear. One precinct I believe. heres a link -

In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes

Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is 100% a Dem/Rep game. She admits it just like the guy who filled in George W. Bush on his dead wife's ballot admits it the GOP would act to stop one, but do nothing against the other.
Voter cheating is WRONG, I dont care if it was for Bush or Obama. However, this incident was for obama.

How many more cheaters were there that were not caught? I think this is the biggest issue about - not requiring I.D. to vote (the excuses are very lame as to why someone cannot have i.d. when you have to have i.d. to do various every day things - like go to a bar and drink! and you need a license to drive, and you need i.d. to take out a loan, etc.)

Early voting & absentee voting - gives one an opportunity to vote more than once.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Voter cheating is WRONG, I dont care if it was for Bush or Obama. However, this incident was for obama.

How many more cheaters were there that were not caught? I think this is the biggest issue about - not requiring I.D. to vote (the excuses are very lame as to why someone cannot have i.d. when you have to have i.d. to do various every day things - like go to a bar and drink! and you need a license to drive, and you need i.d. to take out a loan, etc.)

Early voting & absentee voting - gives one an opportunity to vote more than once.
Explain to me how voter ID would have caught these people from sending in absentee ballots and then voting at the polls--a situation they absolutely WERE caught at during the vote count process for absentee ballots. You're so busy foaming at the mouth that you're not using your head.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Explain to me how voter ID would have caught these people from sending in absentee ballots and then voting at the polls--a situation they absolutely WERE caught at during the vote count process for absentee ballots. You're so busy foaming at the mouth that you're not using your head.
Such a scoffer you are! But nay, I aint skeered .

Re voter id. - I suppose they would need a nation-wide database so that when your absentee ballot was received, the poll worker would enter in the info and then if your 2nd ballot came in then the data base would be able to stop it because the computer would catch it. but then you'd have to have honest poll workers or staff to take care of this.

when someone would vote at the polls, they would make you turn over your i.d. and then by checking the computer again, your name would show up that you voted.

this cheater that is on the video I provided, she had approx 10 days between the time she sent her absentee ballot AND voted in person,, there may have been enough time to input her data so that she would have been caught. But even if one overlapped the other, eventually the computer could cross check everyone and then kick out the cheater votes.

Simple eh?

Showing I.D. would prevent me from voting as you, since there is nothing to prove that I am Jean Smith or Margaret Jones.

Whats your solution since you think Im full of it. (but i am not)

Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Agreed. She is a useful idiot. She intimidated other poll workers too. We really, really need to require some sort of ID.
Voter Id laws would not have prevented her from voting twice. She used her name both times.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
By her own admission, she is guilty of a felony. Hope she enjoys jail...with her granddaughter. Useful idiot.
They will never even file charges on her she voted for Obama twice , they will declare her a hero

Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Such a scoffer you are! But nay, I aint skeered .

Re voter id. - I suppose they would need a nation-wide database so that when your absentee ballot was received, the poll worker would enter in the info and then if your 2nd ballot came in then the data base would be able to stop it because the computer would catch it. but then you'd have to have honest poll workers or staff to take care of this.

when someone would vote at the polls, they would make you turn over your i.d. and then by checking the computer again, your name would show up that you voted.

this cheater that is on the video I provided, she had approx 10 days between the time she sent her absentee ballot AND voted in person,, there may have been enough time to input her data so that she would have been caught. But even if one overlapped the other, eventually the computer could cross check everyone and then kick out the cheater votes.

Simple eh?

Showing I.D. would prevent me from voting as you, since there is nothing to prove that I am Jean Smith or Margaret Jones.

Whats your solution since you think Im full of it. (but i am not)
Scared of me? No reason for that. I absolutely agree that a nationwide data base would solve lots of problems, like being slow to remove people from the voter rolls when they move or when they die, or quickly cross checking absentee ballots against the voter rolls, but it would be very pricey, and that's why they haven't done it so far. The reason they count absentee ballots last is because sometimes they don't even need to count them at all to know who's won--if the margin is high enough when they do the vote count from the polls compared to the number of absentee ballots received, they can determine a winner and do the absentee ballots later when they have to certify the election results.

The truth is that fraud in the voting booth is a hit or miss, rare, one vote at a time type problem--the 19 votes this thread refers to are out of over 1.2 million votes cast in Ohio for the last presidential election, and the votes WERE caught by the system in place when they counted the absentee ballots. The type of voter fraud that can sway an election doesn't happen in the voting booth--it happens when corrupt election officials do things like switch or replace ballots (box stuffing), throw away ballots, or when they throw away registration forms for the other party, etc. so people show up to vote but can't. ID won't fix those problems either, but it would keep many many elderly and minority voters who may not have the type of ID required from being able to vote. That, I think, is undemocratic and wrong.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yeah, I guess that's what won Obama the election...her second vote. She was the tie breaker
Yep, we need to get Trump and Rove together to form a "crack team" of investigators to go to Ohio and get this straightened out.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:

Therein lies the problem what is worse. Letting a few hundred people vote fraudulently, or stopping a few hundred thousand people from exercising their right to vote. I know quite a few people who don't have valid photo IDs. The are often elderly or disabled. Furthermore there have been situations where I have had to vote absentee otherwise I could not have voted at all. Getting rid of early and absentee voting just stops hundreds of thousands of people from voting in a puritanical effort to catch maybe a few hundred fraudsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections