U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 AM

172 posts, read 124,375 times

Advertisements

TRENDING: Rove and Trump ‘all good Republicans,’ says McDonnell – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Personally both are idiots but in this one I go with Rove and company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 AM

6,515 posts, read 4,152,670 times
I have to give old blossom turd the nod on this one.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I have to give old blossom turd the nod on this one.
Yeah. The Donald and friends will go over the deep end with hate and give away the victory.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 AM

32,533 posts, read 17,643,747 times
Thumbs up Who will win. Rove or Trump?

In today's GOP, both are the models for "winning."

Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 AM

2,633 posts, read 2,962,371 times
My money is on Rove. Long before the 2012 defeat, he engineered the rise of the modern GOP since the 1990's. He is a smart guy and will adapt to the changing political spectrum.

Trump is a loudmouth who likes to throw bombs but in the end has shown no results. Show me ONE candidate Trump has actively supported that won their election???

Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 AM

19,359 posts, read 13,015,780 times
Niether have anything to brag about after 2012, but I think Trump reflects the current feelings about Rove that are the most prominent.

Unlike Smoke Jaguar, I don't give Rove much credit in his adaptability. I think he's a one-trick pony neocon, cynical to the core, and totally out of touch with the Republican base's resentment against the monied elite who ran the show for so long. Rove learned everything he has at Lee Atwater's knee, and Atwater was the ultimate skeptic. Rove lacks both Atwater's ferocious need to win at any cost and his ability to laugh at himself.

In his last days, as cancer blew him up to a pitiful balloon, Atwater came to regret all the dirty tricks he mastered and passed on to Karl, but Karl never understood Atwater's deathbed repentance at all. Everything Rove did in 2012 is out of the same playbook that Atwater used for the Bushes, but Lee would have understood that it's a different day now, and Rove only knows how to stick to the playbook.

Trump is self-serving and shallow, but I think he understands the populist revolt that lies at the heart of the Repub's split.

Asking which one is winning is ludicrous. They're both big-time losers. I expect both will be irrelevant in the 2016 election.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That1 View Post
I am certainly not a fan of either of them, but Rove has said a few things recently that I agree with and I am still waiting for that from Trump. He is just another rich, arrogant, ego centered, attention getting celebrity..Rove, may be a jerk as well, but he has some knowledge and some actually principles. Wll maybe principles isn't the right word, maybe opinions that don't change like the weather. I think he cares about people other than the one and only.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Niether have anything to brag about after 2012, but I think Trump reflects the current feelings about Rove that are the most prominent.

Unlike Smoke Jaguar, I don't give Rove much credit in his adaptability. I think he's a one-trick pony neocon, cynical to the core, and totally out of touch with the Republican base's resentment against the monied elite who ran the show for so long. Rove learned everything he has at Lee Atwater's knee, and Atwater was the ultimate skeptic. Rove lacks both Atwater's ferocious need to win at any cost and his ability to laugh at himself.

In his last days, as cancer blew him up to a pitiful balloon, Atwater came to regret all the dirty tricks he mastered and passed on to Karl, but Karl never understood Atwater's deathbed repentance at all. Everything Rove did in 2012 is out of the same playbook that Atwater used for the Bushes, but Lee would have understood that it's a different day now, and Rove only knows how to stick to the playbook.

Trump is self-serving and shallow, but I think he understands the populist revolt that lies at the heart of the Repub's split.

Asking which one is winning is ludicrous. They're both big-time losers. I expect both will be irrelevant in the 2016 election.
Trump will certainly be irrelavent unless he does something stupid like decide to run for pres for the 5th time. Rove could fade, but I am not so sure.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,947,521 times
Isn't this like arguing Horse$hit is better than bull$hit?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Makes sense. Atwater realized to late the hate he has released. Many repent once all the damage has been done. I cant feel sorry for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections