Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times

Advertisements

Give me a Libertarian candidate, and he'll win. But the Repubs won't let it happen, because the Republicrat Party is not going to allow ANYTHING to change (until TSHTF).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes my post was edited. I added some other issues as well.

So why is he not normal? You are coming from the point of view of a Conservative are you not?
I am unclear on what the OP meant by normal and what positions huntsman took that made him "normal" I think some of his positions especially on abortion did not seem to match what you thought about him

Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Better financial regulations have been enacted....but the liberals left off the BIGGEST CULPRIT...fannie/freddie

meanwhile the recession ended(according to the current potus in june/july09)....via....bush policies

The "Guvmint caused it" mentality esoused by you, and those of like thought, has been so thoroughly discredited that it is borderline incomprehensible how you still buy into it. Fannie and Freddie were a part of it...no one denies that...but the BIGGEST CULPRIT?.....It must be awfully lonely on that island.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Give me a Libertarian candidate, and he'll win. But the Repubs won't let it happen, because the Republicrat Party is not going to allow ANYTHING to change (until TSHTF).
No. Libertarians candidates rarely garner 1% of the popular vote. It's not your social libertarianism that turns people off, but your radical economic policies, that hurt the middle class and poor and just increase the power of the rich and corporations. Corporate money would love to come in and fill the power vacuum created by fiscal libertarians as they weaken and shrink government. You just can't comprehend the fact government is our only tool to stand up against elites that would have us living in squalor to turn a profit.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I am unclear on what the OP meant by normal and what positions huntsman took that made him "normal" I think some of his positions especially on abortion did not seem to match what you thought about him

Don't dig into it...I just mean normal. He seems like a normal guy. Herman Cain didn't, Rick Santorum didn't, Rick Perry didn't, Newt Gingrich didn't, Mitt Romney didn't...they all are awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Huntsman passes the "I could have a beer with him" test, imo.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,573,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
this all depends on how much more damage Obama does between now and 2016. Gonna be hard for the Dems to blame it all on Bush nearly a decade after he left office. But that doesn't mean they wont try.
Thing is, and always allowing for some wild-card unexpected event (Sino-Japanese war, anyone? ), the U.S. economy is nearly certain to recover from the Great Recession in ways that will be palpable to voters by 2016.

Which of course means that Obama's successor will gain that advantage. Not a silver bullet, naturally - Gore was in a similar position but blew it anyway. But still, an advantage.

And if the GOP primary in '16 turns into the same sort of clown act as last year's, that's going to confirm what a great many, especially younger, voters already feel: that the GOP, as a political alternative, is toxic waste.

But my caution remains - it's way too early to be predicting the 2016 election.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
what positions do libertarians take that differ from republicans.

what i see is social issues differ and some foreign policy issues differ but economic issues are much like Republicans. Social issues of a libertarian seems closer to the democratic party as with foreign policy but economically they seem closer to republicans

Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Don't dig into it...I just mean normal. He seems like a normal guy. Herman Cain didn't, Rick Santorum didn't, Rick Perry didn't, Newt Gingrich didn't, Mitt Romney didn't...they all are awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Huntsman passes the "I could have a beer with him" test, imo.
What policies does huntsman have that are normal? My point is your definition of what is normal maybe not is what others say are normal

Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Why republicans lost:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/ma...agewanted=1&hp

Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
so the 2016 election season has already begun has it? and the OP is already claiming victory for the democrats without a vote being cast or a vote being taken. tell me what drugs are you on as i want some of those. as i said after the 2008 elections, how about we wait for the 2014 elections to take place before we start in on 2016? four years is a long time in politics, and as we have seen in elections past, there is always a dark horse that can come out of no where to win for either party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections