Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Michelle could run for President with Barack as her vice president. She could then resign and Barack could be the president for a third term. This would not violate the U.S. Constitution since he was not elected President.
That would be very interesting but I bet it would, in some way be violating the constitution. Wouldn't that be something for the supreme court to try and rule on. It would go that far, for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 03:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
I own a book titled The Unfinished Nation: A Concise History of the American People.

If Michelle Obama is elected president, we are finished.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I own a book titled The Unfinished Nation: A Concise History of the American People.

If Michelle Obama is elected president, we are finished.
The Democratic Party has not even contemplated running Michelle for President.....and they never will.... so it is silly to even worry about it.

However, there are quite a few Republicans who really believe Palin would make a good President....and that is scary.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
I sure as hell hope not. One Obama is ENOUGH!!!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That would be very interesting but I bet it would, in some way be violating the constitution. Wouldn't that be something for the supreme court to try and rule on. It would go that far, for sure.
The constitution, strictly speaking, only says that a person can only be ELECTED to office for two terms. It does not say anything about ascending to the position for a third term.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I sure as hell hope not. One Obama is ENOUGH!!!
This sounds like a war on women.....LOL

After all she might even consider Beyonce for VP........

Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would love it if she ran in 2016, if for no other reason than to see conservative Republican's heads explode. I think she would have a good chance to win. The problem is that she seems to have no real desire to run for political office. We could have 8 more years of Obama Presidency...maybe, if we could get rid of the Republican protect the rich congress she could do some real good things.

At this point, Warren is the front runner.
No that's not the problem...the problem is she has no experience and is not qualified for the position. Then again didn't stop from choosing her husband over Hillary who at least served a full time as a Senator. Obama was a community organizer more than anything, no sooner than he starting his term as a Senator, he started campaigning for president. He established no reputation in Washington, that's why he can't get anything accomplished and constantly blames to other party for his inexperience. I didn't hear Reagan blame Carter for eight years. When Clinton was president, he had to work with Newt Gingrich as house speaker and guess what, they not only had a budget, it was a balanced too.

The first black president of the US is a title that can only one person and I sincerely wish that it went to someone much more qualified than Obama. It's ashamed, it really is ashamed. The whole country was so obsessed with having our first black president, they were willing to give him a pass on everything and many (especially the media) still are.

Obama had a Democratic house and Senate and he still wasted a whole to create a disaster of a HC bill...that's because he didn't even know people in his own party in Washington and if didn't have Pelosi in his corner he wouldn't have even been able to do what did.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
BTW, I personally like Michelle Obama more than I like her husband but, that doesn't mean she's qualified to be president.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
BTW, I personally like Michelle Obama more than I like her husband but, that doesn't mean she's qualified to be president.
And in the real world, no one is saying she is, including Democrats.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The Democratic Party has not even contemplated running Michelle for President.....and they never will.... so it is silly to even worry about it.

However, there are quite a few Republicans who really believe Palin would make a good President....and that is scary.
Annie, if you go back and check the beginning of this thread you will see the OP is the one who brought up the subject, so, of course people are responding regardless of who has or hasn't thought of running. I have to wonder how you get your information as to who the Dems might want to see run (no, they do not put the candidates up) and the same could be said about Palin, the Republican party never supported her as a possible candidate for Pres, but yes, like Michelle, some Republicans did want her to run. Neither woman would be a good choice in my estimation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections