Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:57 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm for Hillary. I think it is time for the US to have a female president -- but beyond that, I honestly think she is the most qualified to hold the office.
This to me is extremely scary. I too am a woman and would love to see a woman as President, but the RIGHT one not just any. Too me the woman is only out for herself, she wobbles on issues and is for Amnesty, that alone puts her against America. I honestly dont find her qualified at all. Unless the qualifications include, money and power hungry, dishonest,media hungry,showboater thats looks out for number one, her.

Well I think 80% of the "popular" candidates fall into this catagory. I will not make the same mistake twice, i will not vote for someone just because I have heard their name more than others. I want unusual in office, not the norm, thats when real change will occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Right now, Mike Huckabee on the Republican side has got to be feeling good. He has come from a Stephen Colbert long shot type candidate to a second place position in Iowa. He has spent a lot less money than any other candidate and is doing well. He is now a top tier candidate, a position few would have believed only a month or two ago. Maybe he is the candidate the Republicans and Conservatives are looking for.

Fred Thompson is probably feeling disappointed because he had such high expectations this summer, but I think his waiting cost him a lot of support. He waited too long and people got tired of wondering if he would enter. It was exciting news for a while, then it became old news. Same for Newt Gingrich, thoughh he is not running.

Mitt Romney is probably feeling good too. He is leading in Iowa, but still a poor showing nationally. But national polls mean nothing now because it is not a national election. If he can run well in in Iowa and New Hampshire, he has a good shot.

Rudy will not win in Iowa. He knows that, but is hoping for a second or third place finish. Problem: Iowans are more conservative and if anything first and second place looks like it will be fought over Huckabee, Romney, and Thompson. If Rudy does 4th place there, and doesnt take New Hampshire, he will probabaly fade away. Ill have to check the latest SC polls...if it doesnt look good for him there I dont know how he will do it. Rudy is still looking good for the national polls, but that doesnt mean anything now,cant focus on that.

McCain lost his Iowa lead long ago and has continued to have poor showings. I think he will hold out til SC and then will pack it in. It was rumored he would have dropped out by now, but since he hasnt yet thats feeling on it. He is hoping for someone out front to mess up. But he doesnt really appeal to conservatives, and moderates are looking to Rudy or Romney.

Clinton Inc. probably has a roller coaster ride of feelings. One poll has her with a wide lead in Iowa a couple of weeks ago, now Obama and her are in a statistical tie there. This shows to me that she is not necessarily "Safe" from a surprise loss there. **Everyone should remember Howard Dean in 2004**
Dean was the favorite and lost big time.

Edwards is seen slipping in Iowa as of now. Not good since he once had a commanding lead there earlier this year. He is spending almost all of his time there and no where else really. The key for Edwards might be if some of the other Dem candidates drop out and endorse him it may help.
I agree with you, particularly where Mike Huckabee is concerned. I've heard several times on the news cycles (even the ones I wouldn't expect to hear it on) that he seems to be gaining some traction and is finding unexpected support.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,178 times
Ron Paul is the only way to keep America free.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomiles View Post
Ron Paul is the only way to keep America free.
yes, I agree.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm for Hillary. I think it is time for the US to have a female president -- but beyond that, I honestly think she is the most qualified to hold the office.
Why is she most most qualified? You can't say it's because her husband was the president because since her husband won't release the papers from the National Archives until 2012, you don't know what she did in the White House other than present a failed healthcare plan and fire all of the people in the travel office because those things were public. By the way, if she's so effective with running the government, how come she can't speed up that process? Maybe she should send Sandy Berger in to steal the papers. But seriously, there are a number of people running for office with more experience than she has.

If you say it's something she did in the Senate, please tell us what that is that shines more than something any other presidential candidate has accomplished. I'm not getting her "experience" claim. Experienced at what?

Also, could you tell me how a person's sex (male or female) makes them a better presidential candidate?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM

97 posts, read 369,782 times
i just hope the republicans win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections