U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM

14,248 posts, read 15,079,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
NewJerseyMemories;29175112]Of course! New Jersey is the best! I love New Jersey!

In addition to having affluent, well-educated citizens, it is diverse and beautiful.

I took these photos yesterday in Branch Brook Park in Newark during the Cherry Blossom Festival. They have been a little late in blooming because of the cold weather.

Newark has over 4000 cherry blossom trees, more than Washington, D.C.
I'm quite familiar with NJ, the good and the bad. I lived here since '87. In fact, I live in the best part - Sussex County.

If we can only figure out a way to keep the middle/upper middle classes from moving elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,118,721 times
I say we kick everyone out and replace them with new people regardless what party they are affiliated.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:49 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,980,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I say we kick everyone out and replace them with new people regardless what party they are affiliated.
I was just about to post the exact same thing.

Get rid of every one of them. I'm a republican but don't adhere strictly to party lines. I think too many do just that. IMO every one of those a-holes in both party's should be given their walking papers. Start with a whole new group and if this country isn't on the path to improving by the following election, fire them too.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:25 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well technically this, but too bad that in this day and age, both parties are one and the same.
Which is what gave rise to the Tea Party movement ... conservatives bent on taking their Party back from the "establishment" Republican elites, the "country club" class, a.k.a, RINO's.

Are you listening, John McCain? Carl Rove?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:20 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Yes, when the Democrats are ruling it is.
Rule? I don't think we are supposed to be "ruled," in America. That isn't our system. We have a Representative Republic, in case you have forgotten.

Quote:
The Republican Party has in total disarray (I grew up in a staunchly Republican household). Unfortunately, the Republican party has been taken over by Tea Party types, which is an epic disaster.
Well, what happened to you?

What are "Tea Party types?
Why do you think the Tea Party movement has been an "epic disaster?" We have been pretty successsful in getting conservatives elected to office. I don't call that an "epic disaster" at all.

And, the Tea Party is still actively working to unseat Democrats and replace them with conservative Republicans, whether "tea party types" or not. One doen't have to be associated with the "Tea Party" to be an acceptable candidate, as long as they are not seen as a RINO.

What we want are Constitutionalists. The Constitution is what keeps us free, and keeps government in check. When we ignore the Constitution, we lose our Liberty ("ObamaCare" is a disaster, a defeat for Liberty, and is clearly unconstitutional on many levels).

Quote:
Are there no moderate Republicans left? Yes, but it's very hard for them to get elected. The party refuses to support them.
"Moderate" is a nebulous term. For me, it means "more liberal than conservative." I don't trust someone who is called "moderate," because it means they probably don't have any core values, and don't know who they are. They are likely RINO's.

Quote:
How do you think you have total loonies like Akin and Mourdock running for office? Even the staunchly Republican voters in their districts refused to vote for them! Those were winnable elections for the Republicans.
They are not "total loonies," but I can think of a few Democrats who are; for example, Nancy Pelosi, just to name one. "We have to pass this bill ... then we will find out what's in it." Is that how we are supposed to do things in the United States?

Akin made a ridiculous statement, but he was a better candidate than the Democrat, and he was leading, untill the Republicans shot themselves in the foot by abandoning him. That was a big mistake.

Democrats have made their share of asinine comments, but they don't get any press when they do. They are protected. It is unfortunate that Akin made his blunder over a hot button issue like abortion and rape. He probably really believed what he said to be true. There are a lot of myths that people believe, and I'm sure many Democrats believe in some myths too.

Republicans should have clarified his position, correcting his error, and stood by him. Instead, like fools, they decided to run for cover, and joined the Democrats in their condemnation. Big mistake. They lost a seat that should have been theirs. Akin was not a bad candidate.

They then repeated the error with Mourdock. Democrats don't do this. They support there candidates no matter what kind of stupidity is involved, and there is plenty of it on the Democrat side of the isle.

Quote:
To clarify my original post, when I said that Democrats must vote for Democrats, what I really meant is that it is just as important to vote in mid-term elections as it is to vote in the Presidential elections! I made the mistake of not voting in 2010 and look what happened! I am so ashamed, but I'm not the only one. The Tea Party took over Congress! Of course, they were such a disaster and the 2012 election results reflected that.
Really? How was that reflected? We kept the House, and scored big wins in many states. There are more Republican governors than Democrats, and we gained in the legislatures too.

I think you are listening too much to your own Party's strategists and not paying attention to reality. And the fact of that matter is that, though Romney/Ryan did not win, Paul Ryan is very popular. Also note that in his home state of Wisconsin, Scott Walker is still Governor, and more states are becoming "Right to Work" states. This doesn't sound like "Tea Party disaster" to me. We are making a difference, and we will prevail in taking this country back from "Progressives," who's aim it is to destroy it.

Quote:
If all the Republican Party can offer is crazies like Akin, Mourdock, Palin, Bachmann, Trump, Cain, etc, etc, they are in deep trouble.
You think they are "crazies?"
  1. Nancy Pelosi (not only crazy, but incredibly stupid)
  2. Chuck Schumer
  3. Harry Reid
  4. Alan Grayson (a real jerk)
  5. Elizabeth Warren (mega crazy)
  6. Chris Dodd
  7. Al Franken (complete and utter idiot, stole the election)
  8. Barbara Boxer ("Don't call me Mam")
  9. Diane Feinstein
  10. Maxine Waters (just a total idiot)
  11. Dick Durban
  12. Carl Levin
  13. Debbie Stabenow
  14. Claire McCaskill
  15. Pat Leahy
  16. Patty Murray
  17. Cynthia McKinney (as dumb as they come)
Just to name a few nut cases among Democrats

Quote:
Soon we will have a Democrat president AND the Democrats will control both the House and Senate. The demographics have changed in this country, and they are good for the Democrats!
The majority of Americans classify themselves as at least "somewhat conservative." There has been no shift in demographics.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 PM

1,969 posts, read 1,976,621 times
Quote:
Let's make sure we vote for Democrats during the mid-term elections next year
More imperative now that the Kochs are buying Tribune. More fascist propaganda to be spewed, more drones to be created for them.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:05 PM

1,969 posts, read 1,976,621 times
Quote:
Yes, when the Democrats are ruling it is. The Republican Party has in total disarray (I grew up in a staunchly Republican household). Unfortunately, the Republican party has been taken over by Tea Party types, which is an epic disaster. Are there no moderate Republicans left? Yes, but it's very hard for them to get elected. The party refuses to support them.

How do you think you have total loonies like Akin and Mourdock running for office? Even the staunchly Republican voters in their districts refused to vote for them! Those were winnable elections for the Republicans.

To clarify my original post, when I said that Democrats must vote for Democrats, what I really meant is that it is just as important to vote in mid-term elections as it is to vote in the Presidential elections! I made the mistake of not voting in 2010 and look what happened! I am so ashamed, but I'm not the only one. The Tea Party took over Congress! Of course, they were such a disaster and the 2012 election results reflected that.

If all the Republican Party can offer is crazies like Akin, Mourdock, Palin, Bachmann, Trump, Cain, etc, etc, they are in deep trouble.

Soon we will have a Democrat president AND the Democrats will control both the House and Senate. The demographics have changed in this country, and they are good for the Democrats!
We finally got Democratic control in California and Colorado and things are looking up.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 AM

22,243 posts, read 15,264,019 times
2010 showed how susceptable voters are to sustained lying. In 2012 we saw that was less effective. In 2014 will the trend continue and the GOP realize voters are NOT as dumb as they believe? Probably has a lot to do with the information age growth. Where people can hear a politico saying something that you have immediate ability to verify the truth. That bit Mitt quite often, particularly in Ohio.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 AM

369 posts, read 386,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Rule? I don't think we are supposed to be "ruled," in America. That isn't our system. We have a Representative Republic, in case you have forgotten.

Well, what happened to you?

What are "Tea Party types?
Why do you think the Tea Party movement has been an "epic disaster?" We have been pretty successful in getting conservatives elected to office. I don't call that an "epic disaster" at all.

And, the Tea Party is still actively working to unseat Democrats and replace them with conservative Republicans, whether "tea party types" or not. One doen't have to be associated with the "Tea Party" to be an acceptable candidate, as long as they are not seen as a RINO.

What we want are Constitutionalists. The Constitution is what keeps us free, and keeps government in check. When we ignore the Constitution, we lose our Liberty ("ObamaCare" is a disaster, a defeat for Liberty, and is clearly unconstitutional on many levels).

Lol, the Tea Party movement is garbage bought and paid for by big business (Its not the same movement started by Ron Paul) like the Koch brothers

Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,205,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
If Democrats controlled Congress and had a majority in the Supreme Court, the superior plans and extraordinary vision of this great President Obama would lead to a nation that progresses at a rate never experienced before. Unfortunately for the regressive Conservatives, the resulting society would not be one that accepts their bigoted, rich-supporting, Confederate-leaning ideology. They fear the success they know this President can bring, which is why they oppose him in the most pathetic display of political pettiness in history.

I'm in favor of Congress, the Supreme Court, and President controlled by DEMOCRATS...absolutely.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or