Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,274,076 times

Advertisements

I love him as a Texas senator...but he'll never run for the GOP presidential nod. The MSM, really just the PR arm of the Democrat party, will do everything they can to Palinize him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 04:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,816,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I love him as a Texas senator...but he'll never run for the GOP presidential nod. The MSM, really just the PR arm of the Democrat party, will do everything they can to Palinize him.
The Democrats won't have to do a thing. Cruz will do it for us as soon as he opens his mouth on a national stage. Right now, few outside of Texas and we political junkies know of him, but he'll go the way of other Tea Party extremists if he attempts to break out of the red south and run for national office.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:23 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He ought not waste his time. We aren't about to vote in someone that far to the right, and he's "off the cliff" to the right.

Or more like "off his rocker" to the right.

Former Democrat, Rick Perry, thought that too, when his Progressive buddy Dewhurst, was running against the guy, here in Texas.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,273,385 times
Ted Cruz continues to impress. Advice from lefty looneys on whom to run for prez in 2016 is about as relevant as advice from the wolf on who would be the best sheepdog.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Tea Party is going to continue to be a thorn in the side of the GOP until Republicans kick them to the curb, but the GOP doesn't have the numbers without the TP, so that's probably not going to happen any time soon. But the TP is going to be the downfall of the GOP if they don't.

It has already been documented, that when a Conservative get even close to the head office of the land, the GOP will get the media to push their Progressive guy as the projected winner.

When Ron Paul showed he was ahead in all polls, he was instantly kicked to the curb.
That only fueled a fire to change the GOP from within. I don't think it will be the Constitutional Conservatives, that get TEA Party support, that get the boot. I don't see Lindsey Graham getting another term.

The GOP in Texas, tried all the tricks to keep Ted Cruz from the seat. Who is kicking who out.
Accountability, is becoming a big issue, that the media controlled before.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Cruz 2016 | National Review Online

If he is going to run with tea party support, then I think Rand Paul would siphon off a bunch of votes, especially from those that are fiscally conservative, but believe the government should mind its own business when it comes to marriage, marijuana, etc..

I really wonder if the birthers are going to come out? If they dont, then it would make one think it was race based with Obama.

Personally, I dont think it shouldnt be an issue, since his mother was a us citizen, but I wonder if the outcry will be consistent?

If he runs, it definitely make things interesting...
Obama won't be running in 2016!
And as far as it goes, Cruz won't be running either. There is still too much big business influence and money in the GOP to ever allow a teabagger to become their candidate.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Cruz get the nod one bit. 3 solid GOP losses in a row might be enough to turn the House blue again.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Obama won't be running in 2016!
And as far as it goes, Cruz won't be running either. There is still too much big business influence and money in the GOP to ever allow a teabagger to become their candidate.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Cruz get the nod one bit. 3 solid GOP losses in a row might be enough to turn the House blue again.

Think about this.... it was the TEA Party supported election, that turned it red.

Mitt had NO TEA Party support. NONE! They were thrown out of the Caucuses, with Ron Paul changing their own GOP rules on the fly, to silence him.

The media Gate Keepers, will not allow a Conservative get near the office.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 PM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Former Democrat, Rick Perry, thought that too, when his Progressive buddy Dewhurst, was running against the guy, here in Texas.
Meh...that's in an intra-Texas race. You guys are all missing more than a few brain cells politically anyway.

Fortunately, most of the country isn't filled with as many wackjobs as you have in the Lone Star.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 PM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Ted Cruz continues to impress. Advice from lefty looneys on whom to run for prez in 2016 is about as relevant as advice from the wolf on who would be the best sheepdog.
Fine...

Run Cruz and enjoy your 100 (tops) electoral college votes. I'll be sure to tune into Fox on election night for another night of comic relief. I can see it now...with a victorious Hillary on their background screen.

(Shoulder shrug)

Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fine...

Run Cruz and enjoy your 100 (tops) electoral college votes. I'll be sure to tune into Fox on election night for another night of comic relief. I can see it now...with a victorious Hillary on their background screen.

(Shoulder shrug)

I would love to see Hilary in a debate with Ted Cruz.

Can you even imagine how clean the floor would be after he mopped it with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections