Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,918 times

Advertisements

Republican district, far right/extremist, not a surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Just goes to show. Charles Manson could win there as long as he's a Republican.

If John Edwards had switched parties and ran, he would've won if Sanford had not run.
That's just it--Romney carried that district by 18%, so it was a complete long shot for Busch to come even close. Sanford won by 9% last night--Busch closed the gap by half. Even then, I'm floored that people would vote for Mark Sanford after the really stupid, awful, completely sleazy things he's done. All that tells me is that a big chunk of voters in that Congressional District would vote for the most pathetic scum on the planet if it was a R. Not something I'd be proud of, and winning an overwhelmingly R seat by a tighter margin than an R ever should have says absolutely nothing about 2014 or 2016.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 AM

287 posts, read 185,174 times
Default Sanford and Fun

You see those illiterate inbred hillbilly imbeciles in South Carolina elected Mark Sanford for Congress? BAAA.
So much for the party of personal principles. By god he'll protect your 2nd amendment rights even if he has to walk over all the other amendments and the 10 commandments.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:54 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianPetersonRules View Post
You see those illiterate inbred hillbilly imbeciles in South Carolina elected Mark Sanford for Congress? BAAA.
So much for the party of personal principles. By god he'll protect your 2nd amendment rights even if he has to walk over all the other amendments and the 10 commandments.

If your party can elect and re-elect a murderer and drunk like Ted Kennedy and a serial sex offender like Bill Clinton, I think we can elect a man who looks like a saint in comparison.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 AM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Boehner wasn't even able to come up with anything positive to say about him. Then he has a court appearance on his trespassing charge this Thursday.
From a commentator I heard "He's going to be on the foreign relations committee, he knows a lot about foreign relations". Late night comedians are going to have a blast! Stay tuned.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
This just goes to show ya that ANYONE can get elected to Congress. What a great country.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 AM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If your party can elect and re-elect a murderer and drunk like Ted Kennedy and a serial sex offender like Bill Clinton, I think we can elect a man who looks like a saint in comparison.
Sanford & Vitter can get together & share their experiences.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Republican district, far right/extremist, not a surprise.
I would agree with you except so many people on CD said she was a slam dunk and would run away with the election. That is the surprising part. I am surprised he won by as much as he did...Maybe a better known candidate would have been able to win or keep it a little closer. You say, you are not surprised because it is so heavily Republican. That is true but sometimes it works the other way. Look at what happened in Mass with the special election after Teddy passed away? If what you are saying is true, how did the Republicans win that one?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it--Romney carried that district by 18%, so it was a complete long shot for Busch to come even close. Sanford won by 9% last night--Busch closed the gap by half. Even then, I'm floored that people would vote for Mark Sanford after the really stupid, awful, completely sleazy things he's done. All that tells me is that a big chunk of voters in that Congressional District would vote for the most pathetic scum on the planet if it was a R. Not something I'd be proud of, and winning an overwhelmingly R seat by a tighter margin than an R ever should have says absolutely nothing about 2014 or 2016.
Interesting you are saying that today: what did you way on Monday? Yes, you are right, Romney did win by 18%. She looed like she would win about 2 weeks ago, what do you think happened?

Believe me, as a Republican I am not jumping up and down. I don't like what he did, or how he did it, but I don't think she had much to offer either. If you are going to run for office, you better have some ideas on how to solve problems, not just run cause you think it might be fun or think it is going to be an easy entrance into national politics. She obviously was a very bad candidate. Regardless of the district being Republican, a good candidate could have pulled a victory I think.

BTW: I think you mentioned Sanford didn't come clean, he got caught: you are completely right, but if I remember right Clinton got caught and still didn't come clean.

Last edited by nmnita; 05-08-2013 at 07:34 AM..

Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Boehner wasn't even able to come up with anything positive to say about him. Then he has a court appearance on his trespassing charge this Thursday.
From a commentator I heard "He's going to be on the foreign relations committee, he knows a lot about foreign relations". Late night comedians are going to have a blast! Stay tuned.
Indeed, though they seemed to ignore the fact that his opponent was jailed due to her behavior during her divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections