Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:19 AM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times

Advertisements

I would suspect that the concern on the Clinton's part is not what they actually did, but rather what the right-wing will fabricate based on a sliver of truth.

Just remember how far the right wing stretched the truth on the swift-boat stuff

I can see the logic with not wanting to give a bunch of truth-shifters a lot of ammo for false claims.... But who knows, there is always the possibility that it is true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I would suspect that the concern on the Clinton's part is not what they actually did, but rather what the right-wing will fabricate based on a sliver of truth.

Just remember how far the right wing stretched the truth on the swift-boat stuff

I can see the logic with not wanting to give a bunch of truth-shifters a lot of ammo for false claims.... But who knows, there is always the possibility that it is true
Maybe they can turn the docs over to Dan Rather for reporting.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
He should check Sandy Berger's pants for the release button, and I'll neither hold my breath nor watch.

I hear Bubba has OJ helping with the hunt.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post

I agree. The following article explains some of the reasons why the files have not been released. It makes sense not to release files that are related to Dodd and Biden. Apparently, the archivists have some authority as to whether files are released to the public.
Moderator cut: copyrighted article

Last edited by Yac; 12-14-2007 at 03:09 AM..

Old 11-04-2007, 02:29 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,369 times
Quote:
Maybe they can turn the docs over to Dan Rather for reporting.
LOL--- Best laugh I've had today!! You're hilarious!!

Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Hiliary Clinton will LIE, LIE, LIE, and LIE to get the presidency (she wants to be the first, quite obviously). As a result of these aspirations, she promises you the sun, the moon, and the stars - what she will deliver is anything but. Everytime I see her on television she is making another promise to some other ethnic group... She wants to help the illegal hispanics by helping them attain citizenship by legalizing their presence here and then to the whites, she condemns illegals and says they should be kicked back to mexico. She is double-face in all her dealings because of her ambitions. To the poor people she promises free medical care and tax cuts for them, to the rich people (who happen to be her MAJOR contributors) well you can guess what way she will really go. She touts spending BILLIONS and BILLIONS on stuff but doesn't really say where she is getting the money from (which means she is not going to do anything she has been saying - omg, can presidential candidates do this? lol). She says she doesn't support the war and favors withdrawal and amazingly she has no plans on how this is suppose to happen (sounds a lot like Bush to me). You had YEARs to think about it and you don't have a plan... again she LIES, LIES, LIES for your votes.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:46 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,256 times
LA Times... (broken link) yeah, right. And out of Little Rock, at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Before documents are released, archives staff must read them and, by law, must redact material that they determine contains classified information, invades a person's privacy, reveals trade secrets, reveals confidential advice from presidential advisors or raises other concerns specified in the records law.
They've already sent Sandy Berger to clean up those files.

Quote:
However, under a plea agreement that Robinson must accept, instead of jail, Berger would pay a $10,000 fine, surrender his security clearance for three years and cooperate with investigators. Security clearance allows access to classified government materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Staffing pressures have prevented the National Archives from keeping up with an expanding workload. In 2002, the agency employed 334 archivists. This year, the number is down to 301. That 10% drop came during a period when the National Archives assumed jurisdiction over two more presidential libraries: those of Clinton and Richard Nixon.
They should just hire Sandy Berger...

Quote:
Sandy Berger, who stole highly classified terrorism documents from the National Archives, destroyed them and lied to investigators, is now an adviser to presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton
What - are - they - hiding - ? ? ?

Last edited by Willys; 11-04-2007 at 02:56 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 AM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times
Quote:
LA Times... (broken link) yeah, right. And out of Little Rock, at that

They've already sent Sandy Berger to clean up those files.

They should just hire Sandy Berger...

What - are - they - hiding - ? ? ?
Posts like yours (which I think are a reasonably good measure for a large chunk of right-wingers) show that many folks have already made up their mind that she has done something wrong. If a search of every piece of paper turns up nothing, then it has to be because she destroyed or hid it, right?

Just like all the white-water, cattle-futures, travel-gate, etc investigations found nothing, she still was guilty because she managed to hide the TRUTH...

Kinda like Saddam had WMD but he just managed to hide it (so well in fact that 4 years later we don't even have any leads)?

Welcome to modern politics... you can never win with some folks

Old 11-05-2007, 05:08 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
How come no one on the right spent this kind of effort trying to get the secret Dick Cheney papers released? Huh? Where were you guys then? And the secret Donald Rumsfeld papers? Did those ever get released? Aren't those papers older than the Clinton/Clinton papers? Why aren't they being released? And where are Pappy Bush's papers? Are those all being released?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:16 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Don't understand why she won't release the documents? Easy. She has something to hide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections