Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, what makes you think he grew up in humble background and growing up in Hawaii is hardly an all white society. Have you ever visited Hawaii or do you know anyone who lived there? You will see as many dark skinned people as white, many of them come from the islands.
Obama has spread far beyond Hawaii. And even Hawaii is a small portion of a much larger American society dominated by white culture.

Quote:
As for his winning by large margins, that totally depends on what you call large margins and if you are speaking of % of popular votes or electoral votes?
Neither of us defines what a large margin is. He won both times by huge popular and electoral margins.

Quote:
Whether I like him or not, whether I supported him or not, isn't what this is all about. Whether you like him or supported him isn't either. I am simply saying we have no clue how he was admitted to various colleges. I am not even saying this is wrong necessarily: my point is: no one, that wants to be fair (any most posting here do not care about objectivity) can say with any authority whether he is smarter than M Bachmann nor can anyone with any intelligence and fairness claim she isn't bright. This isn't saying she doesn't have some pretty dippy idea, but she isn't dumb, nor is he? What part of this do you not understand?

Again, the Obamaphobic attempt to diminish his accomplishments by making some unfounded claim that he's the affirmative action president.

Like it or not, his accomplishments speak for themselves. Of course, you and your partisan fellows will continue to denigrate the man in any small, rumor-based manner you can think up.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Obama has spread far beyond Hawaii. And even Hawaii is a small portion of a much larger American society dominated by white culture.

Neither of us defines what a large margin is. He won both times by huge popular and electoral margins.

Again, the Obamaphobic attempt to diminish his accomplishments by making some unfounded claim that he's the affirmative action president.

Like it or not, his accomplishments speak for themselves. Of course, you and your partisan fellows will continue to denigrate the man in any small, rumor-based manner you can think up.
Boy you sure have trouble with being objective don't you? I think this debate has come to an end with no winner, unless you want to let us know you won??? Seems you think that way.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Boy you sure have trouble with being objective don't you?
Objectively, there isn't the tiniest shred of evidence that Obama was admitted to America's top universities due to affirmative action. Yet, based on that ignorance, right wingers toss out silly accusations based solely on that rumor. Accusations meant to do nothing but belittle the president and his accomplishments. Such petty, childish, and small-minded behavior.

What the record clearly shows is that Obama graduated from both top schools and left Harvard Law with honors.

Quote:
I think this debate has come to an end with no winner, unless you want to let us know you won??? Seems you think that way.
Won what?

Let's be honest. This has no more been a debate than sandlot ball is the world series. Nothing I've said will alter your negative view of the president. I just like inserting facts into these threads from time to time. Feel free to ignore them and rely on the anti-Obama rhetoric from the usual suspects to bolster your opinion.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:43 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Objectively, there isn't the tiniest shred of evidence that Obama was admitted to America's top universities due to affirmative action. Yet, based on that ignorance, right wingers toss out silly accusations based solely on that rumor. Accusations meant to do nothing but belittle the president and his accomplishments. Such petty, childish, and small-minded behavior.

What the record clearly shows is that Obama graduated from both top schools and left Harvard Law with honors.

And you so easily forget the affirmative action law suits of colleges that they were not giving enough honors to "minority" people during his college years. Right time for him to be in college.
But be real here, there is no proof Obama went to 1 of his claimed colleges. And why shouldn't we, as voters, demand to see what someone did in college? Are we now, so stupid a people we should just vote for anyone the party of our choice puts out there and not KNOW what kind of person he/she really is?
And there is the issue with the dirtbag in the Whitehouse now. He didn't have a passport from the USA yet traveled to countries that would not allow anyone without a passport to enter UNLESS they were a citizen of that country. Given his history growing up, and his mothers husbands, her high up traveling position for the World Bank, (didn't realize she wasn't just a "lowly bank teller " as he's lied about his mom did you ?) , and people who went to the college he says he attended, and in fact the guys who lived IN THE DORM room he supposed to have been in never seen or met him, so tell me why are we NOT to question who we are given to vote for? What many of you here have no clue on is this; at first I was going to vote for him in 08. Then I realized this guy is the class room faker, the evidence is there, but it amazes me so many put the heads up their rears and voted for him JUST TO HAVE THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT and they had to vote for him again so as not to reveil what a failure he is. Funny thing, he's a half and half, but to promote himself, he plays the race card at every chance he gets.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
And you so easily forget the affirmative action law suits of colleges that they were not giving enough honors to "minority" people during his college years. Right time for him to be in college.
But be real here, there is no proof Obama went to 1 of his claimed colleges. And why shouldn't we, as voters, demand to see what someone did in college? Are we now, so stupid a people we should just vote for anyone the party of our choice puts out there and not KNOW what kind of person he/she really is?
And there is the issue with the dirtbag in the Whitehouse now. He didn't have a passport from the USA yet traveled to countries that would not allow anyone without a passport to enter UNLESS they were a citizen of that country. Given his history growing up, and his mothers husbands, her high up traveling position for the World Bank, (didn't realize she wasn't just a "lowly bank teller " as he's lied about his mom did you ?) , and people who went to the college he says he attended, and in fact the guys who lived IN THE DORM room he supposed to have been in never seen or met him, so tell me why are we NOT to question who we are given to vote for? What many of you here have no clue on is this; at first I was going to vote for him in 08. Then I realized this guy is the class room faker, the evidence is there, but it amazes me so many put the heads up their rears and voted for him JUST TO HAVE THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT and they had to vote for him again so as not to reveil what a failure he is. Funny thing, he's a half and half, but to promote himself, he plays the race card at every chance he gets.

As I posted previously, sore losers falsely attribute the president's success to rumors of affirmative action. In this case, you've added the laundry list of unfounded crackpot whispers to that accusation.

Savor the hatred.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Oral Roberts degree is more education than Harvard??

you seem to be confused. you are trying to say harvard is better. I am telling you that she received more education, because she was in school longer.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
He did go to Occidental for his freshman year, but that isn't really saying that much. I grew up, just a few miles from Occidental. It is a nice, small, private school, but nothing to brag about. As for how smart he is, I guess we will never really know, but my guess and it is just that: he may not have the brains, we associate with people from some of these schools have, but he had a way of getting accepted. I am sure it was a combination of charm and affirmative action, not necessarily grades and test scores.
Is your racist opinion based on any real information or just your feeling that a black man has to have worked some kind of angle to pretend to be the academic equal to white people?

Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
As I posted previously, sore losers falsely attribute the president's success to rumors of affirmative action. In this case, you've added the laundry list of unfounded crackpot whispers to that accusation.

Savor the hatred.
obama is "successful?" he's a horrific president, and that's pretty much the first thing he's attempted. he's 0 for 1. sounds like a failure.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:57 PM

910 posts, read 1,318,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so yes, bachmann is more educated than obama. her LLM required another year of school. I am fully aware that stupid people have law degrees. we're talking about two of them right now.
By that logic someone who spends 5 years barely passing community college is technically "more educated" than a Stanford graduate who got their bachelors in four years. Most people would still hire the Stanford grad or the Harvard Law grad over someone from Oral Roberts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Is your racist opinion based on any real information or just your feeling that a black man has to have worked some kind of angle to pretend to be the academic equal to white people?
How dare you call a white person racist! That's like their n-word! Worse, even.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
obama is "successful?" he's a horrific president, and that's pretty much the first thing he's attempted. he's 0 for 1. sounds like a failure.
November of last year the American People clearly showed they disagree with your assessment.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections