Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsumCement View Post
The Republican party has not been 100% conservative, ever. Graham, McCain, both Bush's, Reagan, were not even close to being 100% Conservative. The closest this nation has ever become since Jefferson, has been Harding & Coolidge.

There has been that controlling dominance in both parties. The Progressive, I know best intellectual thinking.
The democrats pulled the mask off and don't try to hide it. The end justifies the means to them. That is why the blind eye gets turned so often, when there is an attack on anyone or any person's personal liberty.
The Republicans try to hide it. SOMETIMES NOT!
Government can solve everything...... There is nothing Conservative about that.

Every law, ever place on mankind, is a restriction of an individuals liberty... Freedom.
The laws of nature will always prevail, no matter how much social engineering and government persuasion, by punishment and penalty tries.

Sure, theft, robbery, assault, and murder are the laws of mankind. Break those laws and expect a lynching.

You should be someones campaign spokesman!
That hit the spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
over all I see a huge difference in the "old" Lindsey and the "new" Lindsey. Originally I respected him and hubby wanted to see him run for President, but those days are long gone. It will be interesting to see how he does in a primary. I still think it will be hard to unseat him.

Mace is the first woman to graduate from The Citadel, a military college in the Palmetto State. She is also a wife, mother and small business owner from Goose Creek, S.C. According to her campaign website, she is the proud daughter of retired Army Brigadier Gen. Emory Mace.

This may look hard to beat.
He will get primaried.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
It has become apparent that unless your voting record is 100% conservative, you are a RINO. Reagan and Bush I would have been booted out of the republican party if you look at their record.

Who knew, until they started spending like a drunk sailor and making government solve everything, then open the flood gates to illegal labor... Who knew. It was not in the campaign

Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mace is the first woman to graduate from The Citadel, a military college in the Palmetto State. She is also a wife, mother and small business owner from Goose Creek, S.C. According to her campaign website, she is the proud daughter of retired Army Brigadier Gen. Emory Mace.

This may look hard to beat.
He will get primaried.
Oh, I know who she is and I respect her for who and what she is. If it is just between the two of them, he might go by the waste side, but if more enter the race the votes could very well get split. It is just not easy to upseat a sitting senator, especially in the primaries.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:16 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, I know who she is and I respect her for who and what she is. If it is just between the two of them, he might go by the waste side, but if more enter the race the votes could very well get split. It is just not easy to upseat a sitting senator, especially in the primaries.
Keep in mind it would be a runoff if no one gets 50%, so if more enter the race the more likely it is to go into a runoff. With that being said despite the screaming and yelling about Graham from the extreme right, this is a guy who ha a lifetime rating from the ACU of an 89. Graham isn't a Collins or Snowe, its a joke to think of him that way as some on here do. He is quite far to the right himself.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Keep in mind it would be a runoff if no one gets 50%, so if more enter the race the more likely it is to go into a runoff. With that being said despite the screaming and yelling about Graham from the extreme right, this is a guy who ha a lifetime rating from the ACU of an 89. Graham isn't a Collins or Snowe, its a joke to think of him that way as some on here do. He is quite far to the right himself.
Hadn't thought about that? good point..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections